Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes! Despite fergie time we still held on! :D:D:D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well fuck. I'm not going to hear the last about that for a while.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Oh dear, lots of people will have to have their sofas repaired this week -- tears can do quite some damage!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
About time there was an upset, a pretty dull 3rd round so far until Leeds made something interesting :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
We played shit and got a replay against Reading? Yep, that's "fucked" isn't it :)

Think you need to expand the performance of the team more than just Reading. Plus this weeks FA cup games don't do much for either Liverpool or Man U, it wasn't as if they didn't field most there main players but still one only came away with a draw and the other lost.

As for Chelsea we may of lost some of our key players to the ACN and had some bad form of late but I can't help feeling that on current performance most teams below us are going to hit more banana skins.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good game on at Upton Park, could go either way really.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Not a good game so far if you're a gooner. :D

At least if we go out it'll be to a Premiership team. Barely. :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Outcome will depend on West Ham keeping up the pace for 90 mins

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'd be surprised if we didn't score, it's one thing we can actually do this season.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fucking hell, Hartson's looking healthy. It's good to see him on telly again, fantastic to see how much he's improved so quickly.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Amusing quote: "Wenger would've turned Babel into the new Henry. Rafa has turned him into the old Pennant."

(From no-one important, but funny nonetheless.)

Rafa shouldn't have plucked Babel from Ajax when he did. He needed another 6-12 months in Holland before he would have been ready to make the step up.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I'm sorry but that made me laugh :D

Its a horrible situation but jesus christ Adebayor is a raging bell end.

It just doesn't make sense. If it was a terrorist act with the aim to prove a point then they should have gone for a more high profile team. Failing that (which is the case here) they should have picked on the high profile player(s) in the shit team (Adebayor).

Shooting him anywhere apart from his head (cos he has a thick skull) would have caused more of an impact than a 22 year old random guy.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Wanting a player dead because he wanted to earn more money and have a chance of winning things? I know Wenger has a reputation for whinging and bollocks comments but the fans really seem to take the piss. Bellends indeed.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Wanting a player dead because he wanted to earn more money and have a chance of winning things? I know Wenger has a reputation for whinging and bollocks comments but the fans really seem to take the piss. Bellends indeed.

Don't be harsh. Who said anything about dead?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I see you still enjoy being a controversial twat gunner.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Amusing quote: "Wenger would've turned Babel into the new Henry. Rafa has turned him into the old Pennant."

(From no-one important, but funny nonetheless.)

Rafa shouldn't have plucked Babel from Ajax when he did. He needed another 6-12 months in Holland before he would have been ready to make the step up.

Soz Waz, but that's a crock of shit. It's an appealing crock of shit, but it's still incorrect. :)

Firstly, I'd like to throw in a few one-word rebuffs: Torres. Gerrard. Mascherano.

Secondly, as someone who's watched every minute of Babel playing for Liverpool, it's quite obvious what the problem is: He's a coward! (And he's a bit thick).

By this I mean, he doesn't take advantage of his own superior physical attributes, due to some stupid self-enforced mental block.

It's a rare day that Ryan actually punts the ball up the line and runs after it - using his blistering pace to leave defenders behind. This is despite Benitez actually coming out in the press and saying that he'd like to see a lot more of this. Ryan doesn't 'get it' tho - he cuts inside and runs out of talent almost every time.

He also pulls out of every 50/50, like a big girl. Even against midgets. I've always been of the opinion that maybe a bit of boxing as part of his training regime would help - if he's getting regularly smacked in the face maybe he wouldn't be such a pussy.

The player he most reminds me of is Emile Heskey. (No, not because he's black). Emile spent 90% of his time on his arse - and it doesn't matter how talented you are or how much of a physical advantage you've got - if you're not using that advantage then you're no better than the players around you.

Ryan's too busy 'praying to god' for help (yep, he's a botherer) rather than pulling his own idiot finger out to improve....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As for the Angola thang - I liked this line in the article:

The Angolan government called the incident an "act of terrorism"

Lol! Shit yeah! What else is it?

It's not like the rebels didn't claim the attack is it?

/sigh

Lethul

FH is my second home
It just doesn't make sense. If it was a terrorist act with the aim to prove a point then they should have gone for a more high profile team. Failing that (which is the case here) they should have picked on the high profile player(s) in the shit team (Adebayor).

Shooting him anywhere apart from his head (cos he has a thick skull) would have caused more of an impact than a 22 year old random guy.

They attacked it cause it crossed in to their "lands" didn't they? If it was Egypt team riding in that buss it would've been them. Afaik

Edit: Oh, and Babel only has himself to blame. Never have I seen such poor footballing brain on the pitch :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

IIRC the Togo team are the only one without armed bodygaurds, so it makes perfect sense why it was Togo who were attacked.

Soz Waz, but that's a crock of shit. It's an appealing crock of shit, but it's still incorrect. :)

Firstly, I'd like to throw in a few one-word rebuffs: Torres. Gerrard. Mascherano.

Secondly, as someone who's watched every minute of Babel playing for Liverpool, it's quite obvious what the problem is: He's a coward! (And he's a bit thick).

By this I mean, he doesn't take advantage of his own superior physical attributes, due to some stupid self-enforced mental block.

It's a rare day that Ryan actually punts the ball up the line and runs after it - using his blistering pace to leave defenders behind. This is despite Benitez actually coming out in the press and saying that he'd like to see a lot more of this. Ryan doesn't 'get it' tho - he cuts inside and runs out of talent almost every time.

He also pulls out of every 50/50, like a big girl. Even against midgets. I've always been of the opinion that maybe a bit of boxing as part of his training regime would help - if he's getting regularly smacked in the face maybe he wouldn't be such a pussy.

The player he most reminds me of is Emile Heskey. (No, not because he's black). Emile spent 90% of his time on his arse - and it doesn't matter how talented you are or how much of a physical advantage you've got - if you're not using that advantage then you're no better than the players around you.

Ryan's too busy 'praying to god' for help (yep, he's a botherer) rather than pulling his own idiot finger out to improve....

*chomp* :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
A few bits that have come through, the Togo team had their Angolan armed guard with them, two armoured vehicles with 10 armed guards. This is the reason it was a 30 minute firefight, rather than just a one sided massacre. The togo FA are clearly to blame for following travel rules, but the CAF are to blame also for trying to host games in a warzone and when threats had already been issued.

I also don't understand why they didn't simply host this years tourney in south africa to test the facilities before the cup in summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom