Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That's not to say anyone else can either. You can't explain some of the performances, the squads have not changed that much over summer, yet all the teams seem far worse than last year.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
One big change has happened at Man Ure and thats Ronaldo going. Its a MASSIVE loss for them. They have a team, especially the back 4 thats not getting any younger.

They have a midfield that also seems very injury prone, Carrick & Hargreaves especially. When was the last time he played?

Liverpool, well, the waiter has made some poor buys and some shit and bizzare team selections and with the Spanish Girl being out with injury thats worse than Steeeeeevie Geeee being out IMO.

Chelsea, well, they seem very vulnerable at set pieces and thats about it really. They seem pretty strong everywhere else.

Arsenal, massive injury problems and they ahve a very small squad which cant seem to cope with teams with big players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool, well, the waiter has made some poor buys and some shit and bizzare team selections and with the Spanish Girl being out with injury thats worse than Steeeeeevie Geeee being out IMO.

Liverpool have had both of them out most of the season (amongst others), but Gerrard's still more important than Nando. :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Liverpool have had both of them out most of the season (amongst others), but Gerrard's still more important than Nando. :)

You think so? I mean you watch them play more than me.

From leading the side and getting the team Gee'd (no pun) up then maybe, but as far as sticking the ball in the back of the net Liverpool have struggled without Nando (like it) this year.

If he left the Premiership which is a good chance next season ill be gutted to be honest, he is by far one of the greatest strikers in the Premiership. Scores, works hard and isnt a fanny and can definatley hold his own unlike Drogba!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's not to say anyone else can either. You can't explain some of the performances, the squads have not changed that much over summer, yet all the teams seem far worse than last year.

Nah, we're better than last year. Still can't defend though, but better at it (slightly) this year. Slightly more efficient going forward too. Diaby much less of a liability this season, meaning we're keeping possession better.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Nah, we're better than last year. Still can't defend though, but better at it (slightly) this year. Slightly more efficient going forward too. Diaby much less of a liability this season, meaning we're keeping possession better.

Aye, would agree. If you guys hadnt been hit by injuries I think it would be even tighter at the top.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"We've only got one Song!" as well as Fabregas single handledly destroying the premiership. 9 goals from midfield and leading the assists with a stunning 12 assists already.

For comparison, that's already higher than the highest assister last season, who was van Persie with 11.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Indeed, I wonder how Arsenal will cope when he heads to Barca next season.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He's shit anyway Fabregas. I mean, anyone remember Kevin Phillips scoring 30 goals? ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
Reading scoring a penalty in injury time

:lol:

rynnor

Rockhound
Reading scoring a penalty in injury time

:lol:

Makes it interesting :)

Edit: oh and no matter what you think of Liverpool I must say Reading do not look like a team that should be languishing near the bottom of the Championship?

rynnor

Rockhound
Ouch!

Edit: Anyway - I was going to say Mackinuff looks very good - can see someone snapping him up in the Premiership?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Shiiiiiiiit, I bet 'pool thought it was in the bag in the 92nd minute. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Makes it interesting :)

Edit: oh and no matter what you think of Liverpool I must say Reading do not look like a team that should be languishing near the bottom of the Championship?

Indeed, I was thinking that myself, Reading look a quality team through and through.

Liverpool are in giant shit this season I'm afraid scousebacon.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on Scouse and Co, defend that heap of shite!

rynnor

Rockhound
Wow - to complete the bad news Torres strained his knee and Gerrard has hamstring twinges.

Was Aquilani playing? coz we sure didnt see him...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Sorry but that was just utterly poor, you can keep trying to use just two players as the excuse but that hasn't washed in its past usage and certainly won't wash right now. Yes all teams struggle when missing certain players, I tend to think unless Chelsea have there spine of players they seem a bit wobbly but that isn't really an excuse when it comes to the crunch time and esp playing lower league teams.

I really get the feeling this could be the final nail in Rafa's coffin.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry but that was just utterly poor, you can keep trying to use just two players as the excuse but that hasn't washed in its past usage and certainly won't wash right now. Yes all teams struggle when missing certain players, I tend to think unless Chelsea have there spine of players they seem a bit wobbly but that isn't really an excuse when it comes to the crunch time and esp playing lower league teams.

I really get the feeling this could be the final nail in Rafa's coffin.

Oh and how much £ will it cost them to get rid of him?

They have dropped out of all competitions (no way will they win the league), they will do will to get 4th

AND

IIRC hasnt Rafa signed a new contract recently?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh and how much £ will it cost them to get rid of him?

They have dropped out of all competitions (no way will they win the league), they will do will to get 4th

AND

IIRC hasnt Rafa signed a new contract recently?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5 years at over £2million a year, it will apparently cost them £20million to sack him.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
We will be fine just buy a couple of your players with the money so you are worse than us ;)

English players, at the Arsenal? :eek: Whatever next, mighty Liverpool humbled at home by a second division team? Oh wait.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
5 years at over £2million a year, it will apparently cost them £20million to sack him.

Your maths suck arse :eek:

English players, at the Arsenal? :eek: Whatever next, mighty Liverpool humbled at home by a second division team? Oh wait.

Championship team, are you still in the bloody 80's :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Championship team, are you still in the bloody 80's :p

I don't like these new fangled names. We still talk about teams contesting the championship ... yet we have a division with that very name? Sucks ass.

Second division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom