Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
If anyone watched Newcastle v Smog yesterday, that was a true MASTER class in how NOT to "play" football

Utter utter dog shite and thats how its been all season.

Haughton is out of his depth man, we have zero creativity and zero ambition. Fuck off Ashley!

As for Mark Hughes, disgusting. How can Rafa keep his job over Hughes I do not know.

itcheh

Part of the furniture
With Liverpool having such a shit season, the man City owners can smell blood for that 4th spot ... and Hughes just wasn't going to get them there ahead of Aston Villa or Spurs ...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If anyone watched Newcastle v Smog yesterday, that was a true MASTER class in how NOT to "play" football

Haughton is out of his depth man, we have zero creativity and zero ambition. Fuck off Ashley!

As for Mark Hughes, disgusting. How can Rafa keep his job over Hughes I do not know.

Um, isn't this the Newcastle who are 10 points clear at the top of the Championship, a league widely regarded as far more competitive than the Prem? They're obviously doing something right.

I agree about Hughes v The Fat Waiter though; of course Hughes only cost 3m to buy off, whereas Rafa would cost a shitload more.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie

The fact we're winning when playing shit kinda says a lot tbh

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Um, isn't this the Newcastle who are 10 points clear at the top of the Championship, a league widely regarded as far more competitive than the Prem? They're obviously doing something right.

I agree about Hughes v The Fat Waiter though; of course Hughes only cost 3m to buy off, whereas Rafa would cost a shitload more.

He has a point though, both boro and newcastle were utter shite yesterday. They are running away with the championship, but they are hardly playing well while doing it, infact the games I've watched it's been near impossible to see just what style of football they are playing. The concern would be they get promoted and find them selves completely and utterly outclasses.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Pretty much like how chelsea and United winning Prem but playing shite ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pretty much like how chelsea and United winning Prem but playing shite ?

Nope, playing inconsistently, some bad spells for the premiership big boys. But you can nail a playing style, you can tell what the tactics are.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
We have an advantage of slightly better players than some teams.

Some teams come to SJP and freeze at the size of it. Yesterday there was just short of 50k there, read and weap some of the shite fucking Prem clubs, to some teams who only play in front of 15k thats quite nerve wracking.

We are top of the league by 10 which as a Newcastle fan is wanktastic. But also as a football fan too, its shocking to see how shite were playing. There is no creativity the majority of the time. We have a spine of Harper, Taylor and thats it.

Take Liverpoo for example. Last season they had Reina, Carra, Steeeeeeevie Geeee & The Spanish Girl up front. When Steeeevie Geeee wasnt there they had Alsonso. We have a decentish (Fro Chump) back 4 and an ok midfield and a few strikers who take their chances unlike the opposition. We dont have a spark ala Seeeeeeevie Geeeee or Lampard or Giggs etc.

Haughton will be found out when we get promoted, totally out of his depth. Some of the decisions he makes are mid boggling, but in this league he gets away with it. I thought it was going to be a tough league but nee way, its shite. Toon, WBA, Forest & Sheff UTS are the only decentish teams in the league. The rest are GASH.

We have the luxary of sustaining (for this season only) a decent wage bill. I would assume our wage bill is approx £40 - £50m. Teams like Sheff Weds are £12m, thats a massive gulf and thats with us paying big wages still!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Can only second what the man above says really. Enrique/Gonzalez down one wing is one of Newcastles best outlets atm, remember Enrique in the Premiership???

Youve got pundits touting Kevin Nolan as the best player in the league atm, he's dug us out of games in the last minutes with goals that have got us 3 pts instead of 1.

Alan Smith is being heralded as a "superb" defensive midfielder ?!?!?

If we were promoted as we are, we'd get slaughtered next year. I only hope we get to the end of the season top and then get a good top class manager appointed early in the summer to have time to get the team sorted.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I do wonder now if Aada will swap back to Man Utd now he's seen City are a bunch of shite classless *****?

Oh, hang on. Consider that statement retracted.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Ive heard on the grapevine that Bellemy is furious at the sacking of Hughes and is on the verge of handing in a transfer request.

Hes by far the best player there and one of the best players in the Prem at the moment.

I bet the Spanish waiter is gutted he got rid of him

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Bellamy is very much Hughes "man", I feel he would follow him to whatever club he goes to. In the short term, I'm sure the fat waiter wouldn't mind taking him back if given the chance.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

'cause Rafa's squad value is about £130 million, with spending spread over 5 years, whereas Hughsie spunked a fuckload this summer and has a squad value more than that of Chelski's...

...pretty simple really :)

We are top of the league by 10 which as a Newcastle fan is wanktastic.

Shouldn't you say you're top of a wanktastic league?? :p

Edit:
I bet the Spanish waiter is gutted he got rid of him

I doubt it. He's a dirty chav. Good player, but when he starts swinging golf clubs at the other players...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Ive heard on the grapevine that Bellemy is furious at the sacking of Hughes and is on the verge of handing in a transfer request.

The grapevine known as the BBC football gossip?

I would imagine a number of the City players will be disappointed with his departure, but they can dry their eyes on £100 notes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol Turamber, nice :D

Oh and Gaff

Pennant [has] played better post-Liverpool

Zaragosa have told Jermaine Pennant he can jog on. Something about him being a nasty little chav probably, and the fact that he's not up to it :)

rynnor

Rockhound
So Scouse how long will Raffa last - will he make it till the end of the season or will they do a Hughes (might be looking for a new manager as I write this).

Also interesting to see if that American guy finally buys the last chunk of Arsenal that would trigger an auto offer to buy the rest - cant see it hurting Arsenal too much as they never get much money :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
We have money, we just choose not to spend it on players that aren't perfect for us. It's served us well so far. None of this £20m for an injury crap. :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So Scouse how long will Raffa last

Like I've said - end of season. If he gets 4th his job's safe. If not then chances are not (but I still wouldn't put any actual real money on sacking unless new investment has been found).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We have money, we just choose not to spend it on players that aren't perfect for us. It's served us well so far. None of this £20m for an injury crap. :D

you still buy that " we have money if Wenger wants it" line? wow.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
There is more chance of me bumming the Queen than the bin dippers reaching 4th!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah us Arsenal fans still believe that the figures the club releases about its finances are real. :)

And if we assume they are lairs and will not do a Liverpool or Man U and just get a loan to buy players, both the Yank and Fat Russian have offered cash for players and been told no. I really do believe there is money there but Wenger is abit too scared / proud to splash out.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Wenger treats the money as his own I think. I really admire Wenger for what he has done.

Vae

Resident Freddy
He's built a sustainable football club that is also very successfull. In a way Arsenal is a model of how all the clubs should run - not living above their means!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Arsenal have spent money, its just they have always sold to buy and have shown that with a decent manager you don't need to spend 20, 30 million on a name. I think if they spent a few quid towards the end of this season/beginning of next then they may have a chance at pushing for silverware next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom