Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
How long do you have to do a thing before it's no longer luck?

Meh. I give little fucks... i had a thing th ,

I would actually say I think you played better last year, the ironic thing is this year you are so far doing what is required to win.....grind out wins.

Gray

FH is my second home
Marco Silva: Everton boss looks set to remain in charge for trip to Leicester

This seems to be the theme with us currently... Albeit disappointed he is staying. Strange how Koeman and Silva both have near identical results for us. He needs to go though, I was never in support of him and could not understand why Moshiri would desire him so much, he's done nothing to promote that level of trust...

Moyes has been spoken of for a return. While he did a great job for us in the 2000's, we never had quite an attacking prowess but was fantastic defensively. Martinez on the flipside was atrocious at the back but quite fluent with attack. We've not had much luck with the rest of the managers who have taken it on though.

I still think Howe would be an amazing acquisition for us if we could pry him away from Bournemouth he was pretty much my number one before Silva came in... Pochettino is unlikely as he is probably holding out for Man United. Arteta could be decent but again because we're so perilously close to the unthinkable we don't need someone relatively unproven, even though I consider he may be decent...

The amount of severance we're paying though, Koeman, Allardyce soon to be Silva - Lord...!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The thing with Pochettino is that he's getting paid his severance package in installments over the next 6 months and, if he takes another job in that time, the club can stop paying it. So it'd seem logical that he'd take a sabbatical (which I think he needs anyway) and review his options in the Summer (probably either Bayern or Real Madrid).

Embattle

FH is my second home
The thing with Pochettino is that he's getting paid his severance package in installments over the next 6 months and, if he takes another job in that time, the club can stop paying it. So it'd seem logical that he'd take a sabbatical (which I think he needs anyway) and review his options in the Summer (probably either Bayern or Real Madrid).

Jose lives off severance pay from Chelsea, still find it funny you can't get away with just firing them... although I suspect the pay is hush money in most cases.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking Christ Arsenal are tragic. I know we've had it rough recently ourselves but... fucking Christ.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am sure leics will be glad brendan rodgers is in the list of possible new managers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Euro2020 draw makes your head spin a bit but England fans should be happy, and not much travelling in the group games either.

Group A (Rome, Baku): Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales

Group B (St Petersburg, Copenhagen): Russia, Denmark, Belgium, Finland

Group C (Amsterdam, Bucharest): Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria (Georgia, Kosovo, Belarus, North Macedonia)

Group D (London, Glasgow): England, Croatia, Czech Republic (Scotland, Israel, Norway, Serbia)

Group E (Bilbao, Dublin): Spain, Poland, Sweden (N Ireland, Bosnia, Slovakia or Ireland)

Group F (Munich, Budapest): Germany, France, Portugal (Iceland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its a weird draw system this time around

And Romania could still end up in group C if they qualify

Gray

FH is my second home
Done!

Can't believe they waited to announce until 7pm mind. Talk about dragging it out. It was for the best, especially after the experience within the last 24 hours... I just hope the chairman/men get someone actually decent in but we're in such a critical state that we can't risk any silliness now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They did handle it in a weird way. There were journalists who knew that the owner was deciding and they also knew the players had been asked to stay behind after training. It was obviously going to happen but they took all day to do it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just saw this:

Liverpool are guaranteed to be top of the Premier League table on Christmas Day.

In eight of the past 11 seasons the leaders on 25 December have gone on to win the title.

But the three exceptions? Liverpool - 2018-19. Liverpool - 2008-09. Liverpool - 2013-14.
:eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
All of a sudden, our match vs Chelsea next week is for a top 4 place. It's safe to say that, 6 weeks ago, I thought that ship had well and truly sailed.

Embattle

FH is my second home
All of a sudden, our match vs Chelsea next week is for a top 4 place. It's safe to say that, 6 weeks ago, I thought that ship had well and truly sailed.

We've got some issues at the moment which makes me think this won't be fun.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I find it really weird that our match against Leicester lands on Boxing Day of all days.

Pattern recognition animal I suppose. But you can't help feel a little bit conspiracy about it :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid vs. Manchester City
Atalanta vs. Valencia
Atletico Madrid vs. Liverpool
Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich
Lyon vs. Juventus
Tottenham Hotspur vs. RB Leipzig
Napoli vs. Barcelona

Gray

FH is my second home
Carlo Ancelotti agrees deal to become Everton manager

This would be absolutely amazing. When he left Napoli I thought he would be the best acquisition we could ever ever hope for, but that would have been a pipe-dream if anything. After that story broke though it seems Everton did come out and say that no contact has been tabled...

...So with that in mind - Dreams are to be crushed and we'll end up with David Moyes by New Year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Moyes would steady your ship. Ancelotti wouldn't stay there forever (but it would be cool) :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sky Sports massively jumped the gun saying a deal had been agreed. Other journalists said there hadn't even been meetings yet but he's their number 1 candidate and it's likely to happen.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig just kicking off if anyone wants a game to watch. Should be a good 'un.

Gray

FH is my second home
Carlo Ancelotti: Everton appoint Italian as manager on four-and-a-half-year deal

*Squee*

I am suprised that the arse didn't fall out of this one in the 11th hour. Hopefully we don't have to spend much money and he can get the best out of these players, individually there are some good players but collectively it's not working so far.

Separately I see Arteta has gone to Arsenal. Coincidental considering the match within the hour - Hopefully we can get the result at least for Dunc!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The sound on amazon prime live feed is rubbish every time the crowd cheer a goal its too much for their microphones and it breaks up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom