Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Moriath, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

With the womens world cup over with i think the 18/19 season is over.

Just a month until the kick off for the new year.

Who will stop liverpool and Man city this year. Will Lampard succeed and will Oli move man u forward or backward?

What are the odds on newcastle being relegated without their manager?

2. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

How many penalties will there be?!

3. Gwadien

How many times will Scouse mention VAR?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gwadien

How many times will @Billargh make an appearance to post 'Why aye man, fuck Mike Ashley!'

5. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Can't see past Citeh/Liverpool again this year. United and Chelsea are all over the place, Spuds and Arsenal more of the same.

Still can't figure out what United's plan is or what a potential "best XI" is supposed to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Agree for the most part although the optimist in my thinks Tottenham will be a step above "more of the same". New stadium, a stronger midfield, potentially more signings coming... it depends on the rest of the transfer window and who we a) bring in and b) don't sell but fuck it, I think we'll be alright.

City/Liverpool at the top. Tottenham either interfering with 2nd or firmly in third. No idea about United or Chelsea, I guess we'll see if their respective managers are up to the task. I personally don't think either of them are, they were both emotional appointments and they're both hampered in the transfer window (no CL for United and a transfer ban for Chelsea). Arsenal seem to be in a catch 22 of needing to qualify for the CL to unlock Kroenke's coin purse but (unfortunately) being too shit to qualify for the CL for the third season in a row, their self-sustaining business model is (unfortunately) really starting to hurt them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Still can't see beyond City, considering I think we played out of our skins last season and still couldn't punt 'em. (Think we massively overachieved - but we'll see if we were a one season wonder again). We've not strengthened, when I think we need to.

8. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

Mate I honestly don't give a fuck any more. I'm not going to any matches or spending a fucking penny on that place until he's gone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Which all sounds nice but all to often the ground is completely full no matter what Mike does or how much Newcastle fans whine about him.

10. Billargh

There's very little else I personally can do except refuse to give Mike Ashley another penny. There is a bit of momentum behind boycotting the Arsenal game, or boycotting altogether but I've no doubt we'll still have 40,000+ there every game. I truly despair for the club, how bad does it have to get before people finally say 'enough is enough'?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

That's the single best things fans can do to protest.

If they want Ashley out all they'd have to do is not turn up for two weeks.

12. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

Think its what they did at blackpool. Eventually the owners sold up and people who hadnt been to a game for years came back.

13. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Blackpool went into receivership.

14. Billargh

Announce receivership.

He's a stubborn, malicious bastard. It'd take a lot more than 2 weeks of low attendances to get rid of the fucker.