Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Moriath, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Tonking!

2. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

Blowing it in style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

:clap:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Scouse

First time I've seen Lovren play in ages. Our defence looked *wank*.

5. caLLous

I remember he was so bad against us a couple of seasons ago that Klopp actually took him off before half time. I think it transpired that he was carrying an injury and doped up to his eyeballs though. I thought he'd been better since that. Gomez has understandably been keeping him out of the starting line-up though and Matip obviously isn't quite ready to play whole matches.

6. Scouse

He's been a pet hate of every liverpool fan I know for years. And surprise surprise, he plays for the first time in aaaaages, and our defence is a paniky nervous mess.

Because he is. :eek:

7. Embattle

Thing is looking at the highlights I didn't see it just being him.

8. Scouse

Nope, but we've been out of sorts for a while IMO. But our defence has been stable. It's no coincidence that Lovren comes in and spreads his panic about. Last time we conceded a lot, he was there and the last time we looked so bad but made it over the line...

Can't blame it all on him, but there's absolutely a pattern.

He's the one player you hope never gets picked.

9. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter

There is a whole group of people who are hoping he continues to get picked ;)

10. Gray

Gray FH is my second home

Ohh getting stung by VAR hurts. Fuckers. We had that bagged at the very end as well..

11. Scouse

I heard the offside player who was "interfering" was actually sat down?

12. Embattle

Yes but in the way of the ball until he pulled his legs back.

13. Scouse

That's no biggie. Plenty of goals given with offside players jumping out of the way.

Apparently it was given for a player who was lying down obstructing the *vision* of the goalie.

VAR continuing to cover itself in glory I see.

14. Embattle

He was sitting up and blocking a large portion of what would of been the goalkeepers view, ultimately it was a subjective decision something that happens with and without VAR.

15. Scouse

Yes. And the ref gave it.

So what's the point of VAR then?

Replacing one subjective decision with another to serious well-documented detriment.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Gray

Gray FH is my second home

View: https://youtu.be/FNFTmV1DLp0?t=125

Sigs was on the floor but when DCL went to shoot it ricocheted off Maguire - One way or another de Gea was wrong footed. Loads of bollocks about the view being blocked hahaha

17. Scouse

Yeah. Full view and the goalie was going the wrong way anyway - would never have saved it.

18. Moriath

I think the goalie was going the other way cause percentages told him that the goal was partially blocked that side so was less chance of the ball going in one side of him than the other.

19. Scouse

That's the argument - but that argument is 100% a subjective view.

If VAR is ruling on subjective views then it's not needed - because the ref's view is subjective.

And it comes at a *great* cost.

20. Moriath

True. The ref should be called to the pitch side monitor and make his decision.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Scouse

The ref made his decision. It should stand and be final.

22. Moriath

In you opinion. Which i respect you having the right to have wrong opinion like any one else ;)

23. caLLous

Dier heading into the stands to have words with a racist. What a time to be alive.

[​IMG]

24. caLLous

25. Scouse

I wouldn't.

Get into a fight over something someone said? :rolleyes:

26. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Lol you lose your shit with me on a daily basis.

27. Embattle

It's Dier, will you even notice :p

28. Scouse

Nope. I've a consistent level of weariness with the fact that you get things so wrong.

And I never swing my fists. Last person I punched was my brother when I was 15.

29. caLLous

He was apparently going to the aid of his younger brother, who objected to the other guy saying something about Dier or the team. Absolutely brainless thing to do and I'd be surprised if we see him again before well into next season but there's actually a surprising amount of support for him for sticking up for his family.
    He was probably our best player last night, which might say more about the rest of the team than him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  30. Scouse

100% idiot then.

World is full of idiots :)