Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

It'll be interesting to see how literally they have to end up taking the term "indefinitely" but at least they're trying to see it through.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I still think they will play the remaining games. If they don't, they will have to refund a portion of the rights fees to IMG, Sky, Fox, MSNBC, Bein Sport...would cost hundreds of millions of dollars globally. Given the 2022 FIFA WC will be played in winter months (because they lied at bid stage...AC stadiums etc.) I can see them adjusting the seasons now with that in mind.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'd love to be furloughed on full pay. "Go home - do no work, full pay". Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Or is it only rich companies that don't qualify?

Personally, I'm working my balls off, extra hours, no extra pay.
Its that the government is paying 80% of a rich companys wages while the players are getting shed loads more. And not being furloughed even though they cant play etc.

there are many more richer people that could be asked to do the same. But football clubs are an easy target. Everyone knows what the players get

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ickes been deleted from youtube, thats idiotic..he'll just gain credence and move to other platforms.

They should just put them all in scientifically uproven youtube with a clear warning, bit like Facebooks factcheck.

Of course unfortunately an awful lot of accepted science myth would end up there as well.....hopefully.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Like I always say - only way to counter dumb speech is to shine the light of day on it - it won't hurt Ike that much - and the more extreme of his followers will find a way to compound it.

If we keep on having to relearn why freedom of speech is important then it's another thing to add to the long list of reason's we're fucked.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stevenage had a charge dismissed from the efl and macclesfield have had a further 7 points removed from them.

i guess if this season is abandoned all those points would be taken from macclesfield next year?

Embattle

FH is my second home
As @Scouse says, it isn't a idle threat but a fact of reality in the same way that if there is no resumption of the season then the clubs have to return money to the broadcasters and that'll undoubtedly result in action on player wages.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
League 2 clubs voted in favour of ending the season with top three promoted but no relegation.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lets see how the Bundesliga looks today, something to watch on BT Sport I guess.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Watching Dortmund vs. Schalke... it's weird. You can hear a lot more of the stuff on the pitch though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Watching Dortmund vs. Schalke... it's weird. You can hear a lot more of the stuff on the pitch though.

It is really weird watching the players celebrate a goal, trying to remember to not get close to each other.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Stadium is quite echoey

they should play crowd noise over the pa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom