Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think Spurs don't want Liverpool to win because, deep down, they see us more like them than City.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Most supporters of other teams don't want Liverpool to win, simply because as I've stated before you wouldn't shut up about it for the next 30 years even if you didn't win it again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Most supporters of other teams don't want Liverpool to win, simply because as I've stated before you wouldn't shut up about it for the next 30 years even if you didn't win it again.
Yeah yeah. I don't actually think Liverpool supporters crow about it, I think everyone else does, probably because it's fun to think of Liverpool supporters that way :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah yeah. I don't actually think Liverpool supporters crow about it, I think everyone else does, probably because it's fun to think of Liverpool supporters that way :)

Nah, they really are the worst. I’d rather Citeh won for the next five years rather than Liverpool win anything. And its not because of the way the team plays (great) or the manager (also great), its just the fans.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shows how infantile our level of public discussion has become when race can't be mentioned in a positive light.

Big, black and brave makes a reference to skin colour, but not in a negative way. And racism is reference to someones colour in a derogatory or descriminatory manner.

References to someones skin colour in a positive description is in no way racist. Tom Elliot, in my predominantly white country, sounds like a white guy. Big, black and brave tells me that he's a big lad, a brave lad and a black lad. Gives me a good picture to base the guy on.

Or are we supposed to be actually completely colour blind? How are my eyes not going to notice the colour of objects that they look at?

Himse

FH is my second home
Shows how infantile our level of public discussion has become when race can't be mentioned in a positive light.

Big, black and brave makes a reference to skin colour, but not in a negative way. And racism is reference to someones colour in a derogatory or descriminatory manner.

References to someones skin colour in a positive description is in no way racist. Tom Elliot, in my predominantly white country, sounds like a white guy. Big, black and brave tells me that he's a big lad, a brave lad and a black lad. Gives me a good picture to base the guy on.

Or are we supposed to be actually completely colour blind? How are my eyes not going to notice the colour of objects that they look at?

Certain groups or people do seem to go out of their way to be offended though. Just one of those things in the modern day, opinions are like arseholes etc etc grumble grumble.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Every time I watch liverpool recently it's been pretty painful watching :(

0-0, 25 mins in. I'd say Bayern look the better side.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Every time I watch liverpool recently it's been pretty painful watching :(

0-0, 25 mins in. I'd say Bayern look the better side.
Don't feel bad. Bayern does that to other teams

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

I'm not one of the folk offended by this, but I (think) understand it, why even bring up his race at all? Black isn't exactly a characteristic like being big and brave is. Would anyone ever say "look at that big, brave, white guy" in relation to a big brave white guy? I doubt it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not one of the folk offended by this, but I (think) understand it, why even bring up his race at all? Black isn't exactly a characteristic like being big and brave is. Would anyone ever say "look at that big, brave, white guy" in relation to a big brave white guy? I doubt it.
There's an assumption that people are white in a country with 90% (or whatever) white people - and if you're on radio, trying to paint a picture of someone then their skin colour is relevant necessary information.

If Motty was Rawandan, and the Rawandan Premier League was on, and you were playing for Rawandacastle, then RawandaMotty might say "Billargh, he's the podgy, talentless white guy who can't hit an elephant's arse with a banjo" to describe him to the Rawandan radio audience.

Or something. :)

But that wouldn't be racist - it's just a relevant statement of fact. - When you're describing how someone looks, how they, you know, actually look, is relevant.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
There's an assumption that people are white in a country with 90% (or whatever) white people - and if you're on radio, trying to paint a picture of someone then their skin colour is relevant necessary information.

If Motty was Rawandan, and the Rawandan Premier League was on, and you were playing for Rawandacastle, then RawandaMotty might say "Billargh, he's the podgy, talentless white guy who can't hit an elephant's arse with a banjo" to describe him to the Rawandan radio audience.

Or something. :)

But that wouldn't be racist - it's just a relevant statement of fact. - When you're describing how someone looks, how they, you know, actually look, is relevant.
I'm in no way suggesting it was racist, that's just ridiculous. A bit like the whole 'controversy' if you could even call it that. Shit I'd never have known about it but for this thread.

England is hardly a country with next to zero black blokes too, especially footballers, there's plenty of them with African origins so the comparison to the Rawandan league is a bit silly, haha. I get your point though.

Again I'm not on the side of "omgz it's so racist!", just trying to suggest why people might think that. I understand there's people who will find offence in everything. Of course there's instances when describing someones skin colour matters, reporting a crime for example, it just seems more redundant during a football match.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
In a weird way I could actually see it saving Sarri’s job? Like the team clearly need a bit of an overhaul. If you can’t do that properly until summer 2020, why pay out Sarri’s contract to bring in a guy who is going to have to wait 16 months to start his team?

Also hello.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It sounds like, due to how long the appeal might take, they're going to be able to do business as usual this Summer and then the ban will kick in for the next 2 windows after that.

Gray

FH is my second home
I see some Chelsea drama has stoked the player power at the club... Don't think I have seen that before!

Marc

FH is my second home
Even though 90% of my mates are typical Insufferable Liverpool fans, I actually wouldn’t mind them winning the league. Klopp has built a decent team and gone about their business without much fuss and certainly without cheating like Man City or Chelsea. Good on them I say

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just shows what happens when you swap out a dickhead for the nicest guy in football.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck me...this is turning into a great season
Sounds like a season of old:
Michael Owen said:
With a neutral head on it's not a penalty in a million years.
and
Owen Hargreaves said:
I think you'll struggle to find someone who has played football who think that's a penalty. Every football player will say that's not a penalty

Good to see that VAR is definitely clearing this shit up.

Money well spent.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Sounds like a season of old:

and

Good to see that VAR is definitely clearing this shit up.

Money well spent.
It was a clear penalty, which the ref gave after seeing it slow motion. Jumps up, back turned, arms flailing and the ball connects to an arm, which is not tugged in to the body. How is that not a penalty?

Tell me you've studied the rules of football and have a better understanding than a ref at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom