Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was a clear penalty, which the ref gave after seeing it slow motion. Jumps up, back turned, arms flailing and the ball connects to an arm, which is not tugged in to the body. How is that not a penalty?

Tell me you've studied the rules of football and have a better understanding than a ref at this level.

I don't think you understand the lengths Scouse will go to discredit something he doesn't agree with.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It was a really soft penalty. The ref probably had to deal with surly Parisians all day and thought "fuck it, I'm giving it"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was a clear penalty, which the ref gave after seeing it slow motion. Jumps up, back turned, arms flailing and the ball connects to an arm, which is not tugged in to the body. How is that not a penalty?

Tell me you've studied the rules of football and have a better understanding than a ref at this level.
Hey. don't shoot the messenger. Go argue with the two ex Machester United players who said no professional footballer would have given that as a penalty.

I will however ssy that I used to work with Peter Walton. He *really^ hates Liverpool, if you know what I mean.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The fact that there's an argument about it all over the place doesn't say much for the efficacy of VAR.

I don't think it was a pen, I think it was a complete injustice. For binary yes/no questions like offside then slow it down as much as you like but for something as subjective as "ok I can see it hit his hand but was his arm in an unnatural position and/or did he mean it?", the ref should watch it at full speed because that's the amount of time the defender had to make a decision and it wasn't clear either way.

That said, PSG wasted a host of chances, gave away stupid goals and weren't convincing at all in the second half. They should've been out of sight before half time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The fact that there's an argument about it all over the place doesn't say much for the efficacy of VAR.

I don't think it was a pen
Yep. Aguments have remained the same, or even increased as we've now got VAR to call bullshit on.

Funny that eh? It's almost like there could be another agenda related to a tech that creates two minute interruptions in play during the worlds most valuable TV time.

I wonder what that could be?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
UEFA feels the need to weigh in on the penalty decision - disagreeing with the majority of professional footballers who actually play the game.

What is interesting is how well VAR has settled the argument and controversy. Look at the results of the questionnaire at the bottom of the article.

Working well, introducing long delays to the previously beautiful game....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Haven't seen that in a long time, goal straight from a corner with no touch. LOL.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And probably a points deduction for his club, I bet he feels like a right winner.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Liverpool really need to be careful they look like they are playing for a away goals win, they could be dangerous.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Nice, 4 English teams through (50%) and some overrated teams out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well done Bayern Munich supporters:
bayern-munich-fan-banner-modern-football-kills-emotion-f-k-var.jpg

"Modern Football Kills Emotion. Fuck VAR. Fuck UEFA"

Told you @Job - ze Germans are better than us. :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Until something goes against them then they'll moan about not having it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Good to see the wrote it in a proper language.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Until something goes against them then they'll moan about not having it.
Clearly not everyone thinks like the brits. I've long thought the germans (in fact most europeans) are better educated and more sophisticated than we are regarding more esoteric and philosophical argument. And the fact that the bundesliga isn't so much about money money money (as much as the premier league) means there's less pressure and whining from the rich owners of clubs when they lose to an offside goal, or a maradonna handball, or a beach ball.

But meh :)

Good to see the wrote it in a proper language.
They understand the TV audience is huge, so want to get their message to as wide a range of people as possible.

Clever fans eh? Writing it in a second language too...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Scouse seriously, thats the very deacription of grass greener.

The Germans..who you bunch together and call more sophisticated are just the same as us.
You are putting an emotional spin on your assumptions based on some intrinsic superiority you are attaching to them because you are not seeing the ordinary on a daily basis

A classic liberal failing I would argue.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse seriously, thats the very deacription of grass greener.
No. Sometimes the grass IS greener.

You look over the fence, and sometimes they've had a gardener in.

assumptions based on some intrinsic superiority
Nothing "intrinsic" about it. They're the same animal.

But they're the same animal coming out of a differently cultured education system. Ever since Thatcher ours has been focussed in the wrong areas. Results based on scores in exams rather than producing well-rounded humans.

You're an example of that - what has liberalism got to do with any of this?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think Jack Wheelchair is still on their payroll as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom