Football The 2018/2019 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Moriath, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Scouse

Scouse Glyphosate-fuelled tumor-boy FH Subscriber

And patched up a shitty situation, maybe. Or rather disagreed over whether it was blatant or a handball because video is WAY worse than humans.

2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

Its amusing that they showed the replay on the giant screen to the crowd, then one of the commentators said they shouldnt have done that.

Wheres this going..they have VAR, but also TV video replay, so the ref makes a decision, the crowd see a replay that 'proves' it wrong.
    VAR is a right cock up..does it have its own cameras or do they just use the TV ones.

3. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

It was blatant. I've not seen anybody disagree that it shouldn't have been a goal.

VAR has its own cameras, which is another problem. The criteria for implementation is that you're a Premier League team playing at home. If you're away to a lower league opponent their stadium isn't equipped. It seems like a nonsense to use it for some matches but not others in the same round of the same competition.

4. Scouse

So what if it's blatant? The existence of VAR has turned it from a human refereeing mistake of the sort we've had, without hindering the pleasure we take from the game, for 130 years, into an angry clusterfuck.

5. Job

If we do upgrade to a mm gps chip enabled system, then the fans will start arguing with the software.
    Maybe they could have a Max Headroom style character on the big screen..it.it it.itss.its.a ggggg..gg..ggoal.

6. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

A human mistake doesn't make it not blatant. I've been alongside 40,000 other people see a clear penalty, where it want given. Everyone but the ref saw it. Not given =/ not blatant

7. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

This is looking like it could be a real bad couple of weeks for Spurs.

8. caLLous

Incredible analysis yet again. You really do have your finger on the pulse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Scouse

You miss the point. I don't care if it's blatant. A beach ball is blatant.

Shit happens. It's football.

10. CorNokZ

We down to 9th now mates. "Progression" is happening faster than expected

11. caLLous

I don't give a shit about the cups tbh. Even the Champions League, the way Dortmund are flying in the Bundesliga, they're going to bend us over if we don't have Dele and especially Kane. It's all about scraping through until they're back and hanging onto the top 4 places now. Son's back in the country but it sounds like he's going to need a bit of time to recuperate.

12. CorNokZ

Okay, 10th then

13. caLLous

Damn. Might as well pack it up for the season then. The Championship looks like a laugh anyway.

14. Embattle

Certainly another eventful night, Man City looked ponderous.

15. Scouse

Nice one Rafa :)

16. Embattle

Jesus Christ we are getting goal slaughtered.

17. caLLous

Mental gameweek. City and Chelsea lost, United and Liverpool drew and the mighty Tottenham (and some other North London club) win. We did leave it pretty late but with Chelsea losing, that (totally unexpected) 7 point gap feels good.

18. Embattle

We didn't just lose, we got thrashed enough so we dropped below Arsenal.

19. CorNokZ

I am quite fond of the Arsenal transfer tactics at the moment. Literally has no defenders fit and they solve that by getting Suarez and no new defenders.

GG Arsene, I see you still pulling the strings from behind the curtains like another Keyser Söze

20. caLLous

Don't let it slip!

21. Scouse

City are going to romp home in the second half of the season.

Our midfield is creaking because our defence is crocked. Loved it with Gomez and Alexander Arnold at the back, made all the difference. But squad depth and quality at City will see it out I think.

22. CorNokZ

I can't believe people actually thought Liverpool were going to win the league, just because of a 7pt lead after we'd passed Christmas

23. Scouse

To be fair, no team has had that sort of lead and *not* won.

But then the league never had a man city. It makes chelski's riches pale in comparison.

Still. We might do it. :)

24. Gray

Gray FH is my second home

25. Scouse

Frankly, it was dickish of Cardiff to release a press statement.

Of course they were going to demand the fee. Cardiff should be insured. If Cardiff hadn't sorted out their insurance then tough titties Cardiff.

This isn't an issue about the man, it's an issue about the money.

26. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

If I order something on the internet and it doesn't turn up I don't expect to pay.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. Scouse

He wasn't goods. This is a contract for his services, that Cardiff took on after buying him out of his current contract.

The point of responsibility for Cardiff comes when the contracts were signed. If they're doing things correctly then they should have had insurance sorted ready for the second the contract was signed.

The story hints at Cardiff being unprepared and unprofessional and looks like they're hunting through their paperwork for a way out.

Which lacks class. Silence would have been more respectful.

28. Job

They havent got a body yet.

29. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

You guys are spending just as much as City to be fair.

30. Scouse

City and Utd have a net spend of 400 and 300m over the last three seasons (spend vs sales). We've spent 140.

But meh.