Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
2 woefully inadequate defences that have not been improved since last season vs 2 "lesser" teams.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow our midfield and defence especially are jokes.

Top class front line saved us but without a proper midfield and defence I can't see us doing better than sixth this season.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't bet on any thing but for some strange reason I nearly bet on Burnley to win before the game started at 10-1 odds....oh how I wish I had.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Krusty still supplying the comedy defending moments at Chelski. Lucky not to get a yellow at the end of that half, going head to head. Stupid move and just lucky he did not overreact to it, a lot of players would have. Chelski missing Costa big time.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Think we are missing our defence and Hazard more at the moment :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Conte gone by Xmas.

Sadly.

Not just the football but other bubblings at the club.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Shame they don't get rid of Michael Emenalo, we seemed to play better each time we lost a player which of course leaves us even weaker before the next game.

Himse

FH is my second home
We lost at the start of the season last year & grew into it.

Think we looked MUCH better with Morata on the pitch. Goal & Assist to start off, not bad, might keep the doubters down.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think Lollerpool should put in a cheeky bid for Costa ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Interesting stat on the BEEB for Kane, he is wank in August apparently, never scored a premiership goal in August (not been many Augusts ofc!).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
True, but Liverpool used to follow that policy too - you can have a good sized squad of high-quality players and that will get you so far, but you need superstars to take you to the top.

Problem is, superstars are f00king expensive, even if you can get them interested.

The thing a good large squad gives you is a buffer against injuries - but if a small but great squad can stay injury-free they'll do better (and tend to be more entertaining to watch too).

Still. With our defence I can see Everton giving us a hard run for the Europa League place...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually, Liverpool spend silly money on crap. Historically.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can disagree all you like @Scouse

That doesn't change the fact that when 40 mil was top money, you habitually spent it on the likes of Andy Carroll (40? mil) and Benteke (45? mil) Then sell them shortly after for peanuts.

Liverpool have been up there with the spending, they just seem to buy rubbish and like to sell on at a loss.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually, Liverpool spend silly money on crap. Historically.
Disagree. We've been no better or worse at recruitment than other teams really (Hodgeson aside). Had dross, sure, but also had some absolute superstars.

What we've lacked is the quality across the whole team that's normally required to win stuff rather than just 'compete'.

A smattering of stardust ain't enough if you've got chod elsewhere.

Edit:Btw - Mohammed Salah is our record signing at £38 million.

We're simply not at the same level financially as United, City or Chelski. And yep, you can point out shit, but I could point out Suarez, Torrez, Alonso etc, Brought in for less that 20m a piece.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That is because they spend it on dross.

They still spend it though.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Second 4-0 in a week, that'll do. Not the Mourinho script of old, none of that "2-0 kill the game" stuff so far. Leicester next week, can't see that being so one-sided.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't think today's game was tbh, with Swansea having a defensive collapse in the last 10 minutes.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
1-1 would have been the best result. The last goal was all the keepers fault.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There have been murmurings about it if they can't get Coutinho (and some say Eriksen should actually be their first choice), but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom