Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All kicks off tomorrow!

Will be happy with a top half finish at the end of the season.

Himse

FH is my second home
Just a brain fart:

I'm probably going to get some shit, and the amount of money in football is ridiculous. But Neymar is probably one of the only 3/4 players I would say can command such a fee/wage. He is up there as the best in the world. Utd paying 90m for players like Lukaku is what is ridiculous. Got to start thinking of players as acquiring a business rather than just a football player.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think it shouldn't be looked at as a traditional transfer anyway, it was ultimately a buy out clause that caused the figure to be so high.

I'm also sure he will look spectacular playing in the weak French league, I just hope PSG get hammered by UEFA for FFP.

Himse

FH is my second home
Don't like this weak league malarkey. Premier League is won by 1 of 5 teams fairly regularly now because they have the biggest investments. Leicester was a one off & fantastic, but the premier league is very similar to other European leagues. Fact is we're producing no talent, getting rolled over in European competitions & throwing huge money to buy the players from these 'weak leagues' & we've all seen how clubs from the Premier League get beaten even in competitions like Europa by mid table Spanish teams etc.

I also don't think PSG will be investigated too heavily.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't like this weak league malarkey. Premier League is won by 1 of 5 teams fairly regularly now because they have the biggest investments. Leicester was a one off & fantastic, but the premier league is very similar to other European leagues. Fact is we're producing no talent, getting rolled over in European competitions & throwing huge money to buy the players from these 'weak leagues' & we've all seen how clubs from the Premier League get beaten even in competitions like Europa by mid table Spanish teams etc.

I also don't think PSG will be investigated too heavily.

Better to have 4-5 teams that can compete for the title than two, or one.

Not performing well in Europe is a cyclical thing and not to be worried about too much, and the number of foreign players doesn't have much of a bearing (why would it?). The Europa league issue is very straightforward, English teams don't take is seriously because they play too many games and it risks domestic performance. The minute a team does take it seriously, look what happens.

Its certainly true that we should be producing more domestic players, but we should also be producing more domestic managers as well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm going to quietly put this here and then get out of the thread again. I support Leeds Utd, and now Cellino has fucked right off I hope we can have a good season, playoffs, perhaps even return to top flight... we shall see.

Shhhh....;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They played well today. The first goal was well worked :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but you aren't going to win anything with or without him. May as well take 90 while you can still get it, he wont be worth that next season.

:p

georgie

FH is my second home
Barca will offer £120M and Liverpool will accept that with a lot of "Well, we don't really want to but the player is forcing our hand" noises, imo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Barca will offer £120M and Liverpool will accept that with a lot of "Well, we don't really want to but the player is forcing our hand" noises, imo.

Problem is who are they going to replace him with that won't cost the same kind of money in the current market? If they're serious about staying in the CL places they're going to have to spend big and quick in a seller's market.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Friday evening kick off for those in the FF league.

Embattle

FH is my second home
1 game played with the second nearly finished and 12 goals have gone in, not exactly great defending so far.

Himse

FH is my second home
I was about to say that @Embattle..

So far, if the defending is like this all season, going to be a high scoring year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom