Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Marc

FH is my second home
In reality they'll struggle to do that if UEFA come down hard on FFP.

My understanding is that Neymar will pay the release clause himself after signing a 222m Euro deal to promote the World Cup. Or something like that??

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Look at it like this: Would Barcelona have advanced against PSG had Neymar played against them? I seem to remember him playing a huge part in the 6-1 comeback

Marc

FH is my second home
Absolutely. He was the main man in that game yet messi got all the plaudits so I can potentially see his frame of mind. I just can't see him making psg into something. He's 25 and lets be honest, is he the player that the world class players of our generation, ie, messi Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Zidane were at the same age? I don't think so but maybe I'm bitter lol

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Look at it like this: Would Barcelona have advanced against PSG had Neymar played against them? I seem to remember him playing a huge part in the 6-1 comeback

Even if Neymar won them the CL, is that worth €130m+ over every other top quality forward on Earth? Put it this way, PSG have only earned €228m from CL football since 2010. Now a win would bring more, but only about €50-60m. Of course if they think he'll bring several CLs it makes sense but that's seriously long odds.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He will win them shit. Even my mum could tell them that.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In reality just his rumoured weekly wages should cripple PSG in FFP terms.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't understand. Surely he would make more money from marketing himself as a Barca player than PSG? He paid his own buy out fee of 200mil.

Something very peculiar about the whole deal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well that's Liverpool's season wrecked most likely.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hmm womens world cup or everton euro qualifier. Former i think.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
England women two nil down switched to everton game.

CorNokZ

UEFA is all talk. Say no to racism.

UEFA closes Hajduk Split stadium for fans’ racist chants

Yet after an appeal, Hajduk were allowed fans in their stadium and only had to close off 500 seats. This happened on Monday or Tuesday, leaving very little room for the Danish away team, Brøndby, to organise the trip for their fans. They had to publicly advise fans against going to Split as they couldn't guarantee for their safety.

After the first leg's 0-0 draw, Brøndby were eliminated with a 2-0 loss. To much appreciation to the 30,000 screaming Croatian home fans.

Furthermore, no Danish TV station did at first have the rights to show the game as Hajduk demanded an obscure amount of money. A deal came into place yesterday afternoon, and was shown on Eurosport 2. A station hardly anyone has access to.

Oh, and to top it off, the fine was reduced significantly.

So go ahead with the monkey sounds, calling people gypsies and so on, because it will have little to no consequences from UEFA's side

Marc

FH is my second home
PSG will be funding it.

Qatar sports investment have paid Neymar 300m to promote the World Cup. The deal was signed in Qatar so tax free. He paid 222m to Barcelona and keeps the other 78m himself

DaGaffer

Qatar sports investment have paid Neymar 300m to promote the World Cup. The deal was signed in Qatar so tax free. He paid 222m to Barcelona and keeps the other 78m himself

So who "owns" him? PSG or the Qatar FA?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
By buying out his own contract is he not technically a free agent?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ordinarily yes, but the guys who gave him 300 million for "promoting the world cup" also happen to own PSG.

DaGaffer

Ordinarily yes, but the guys who gave him 300 million for "promoting the world cup" also happen to own PSG.

I guess its a similar setup to the dubious Emirates facilities sponsorship deal at Man City; one part of the owner using another part to fund itself. Shows that FFP rules are completely pointless though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Neymar will cost them 1/2 billion dollars, its got a lot to do with the ego of the Qatar owners.
Meanwhile his shirt sells for a hundred Euros in the official shop.
At what point do the cult followers say enough is enough.
Just after the sale an Everton spokesperson was on the radio all excited, saying hopefully this would result in more investment in Everton to stay with the big boys.
It is fucking madness.

CorNokZ

We got Qarabag? Some place in the middle east, bordering Iran...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh we played them a few years ago in Europa League group stages I think. I remember people calling them carrier bag a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom