Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some interesting statistics regarding the recent transfer madness

Monthly Report 27

Untitled.png

It appears Liverpool did some tidy business, which must be an absolute first.

All perfectly legit at PSG, ofc

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I mean technically he bought out his oen country with his own money before he signed anything with PSG so they would only be at minus 143 million euros (only lol)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, he did, but the money he used came from the PSG owners in a separate sponsorship deal.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So technically PSG didnt spend it

I dont agree with the way it happened but they found a loophole and figured they would chance it and seems UEFA, the spineless tirds they are, are going to let it slide

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't see how the Premier League window closing before everybody else's is perfect at all, personally. It either forces continental teams to do their business early or it pressures English teams into selling after our "deadline" without the opportunity to bring in replacements. If it was a Europe-wide thing I'd be more behind it. What happens if a European team triggers a player's release clause after the English window shuts? Also, it might mean that foreign teams aren't going to sell their star player to a Prem team because they can just hang on to the end of the proper window and get more for that player.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I agree it should be euro wide to be perfect.

Himse

FH is my second home
Also going to hike the prices for English clubs further because they know they will be desperate to get deals done earlier. Huzzah.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
who cares.

The days of the dull 2 team league is over. The TV money (and therefore sponsorship money) is pouring into the prem and evaporating from the likes of La Liga. The prem will snap up the decent players before the new close of the transfer window and the EU clubs will pick up the scraps. They will follow suit soon enough.

I mean, the president of La Liga is already crying his eyes out about it and it hasn't even kicked in proper yet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Had to go for it. It was a 50-50. And he wasn't a goalie then - he was outside the box and therefore an outfield player.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes I've heard the outfield player excuse and even if you consider that and it as a 50/50 you still can't get away with kicking someone in the face at head height, next you'll try and say he had his eye on the ball which again is moot when you practically put your studs in someone else's eye.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Had to go for it. It was a 50-50. And he wasn't a goalie then - he was outside the box and therefore an outfield player.

And its still a red if he was an outfield player. His foot was at head height for christ sake. He had both feet off the ground.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Iirc foot at head height is usually just a yellow.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes if he hadn't actually kicked him in the face you might be able to argue that it was playing in a dangerous manner but he did thus it would come under serious foul play.

Himse

FH is my second home
I took Jesus out of my fantasy team this week. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes if he hadn't actually kicked him in the face you might be able to argue that it was playing in a dangerous manner but he did thus it would come under serious foul play.
The fact that contact was made is immaterial.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was a fair red.

Not that it would have made much of a difference.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's no longer August, Kane scored.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Need Southampton to turn it around to keep on track for a £1200 win.

Cocks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Only to then replace him with a startled owl.

Welcome to the drop, Crystal Palace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom