Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Wonder if that means the Morata deal is dead? Will be also interesting to see if Chelsea throw their toys out of the pram over the Matic move.

So yes, it seems Chelsea probably have blocked the Matic move and United are interested in Dier for £50m instead. Which will drag on all summer because its Spurs, so it always does.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Conte is going to be grumpy.

Well I doubt he'll be happy that is for sure although I do question the silly money being paid for him and still feel it is ironic that he is going to join a club managed by Jose.

Himse

FH is my second home
Don't really get why Chelsea would want Lukaku. Can't control a ball.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"Didn't want him anyway"

He was only the second highest scorer last season, with a weaker offensive force supporting him than Kane. With better players around him I reckon he'll go from strength to strength.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
With pogba dropping balls on his feet and Lukaku sitting on the opposition defence backline he will score a hatfull next season.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I see he has been arrested in the USA for a noise complaint.

Gray

FH is my second home
So Rooney has signed, which is great news especially as he has taken a cut in pay (Unless maybe Man Utd are fronting the cash as goodwill for Lukaku?) but excellent bit of business to get him on a free.

Lukaku has been incredibly disrespectful over this ordeal also, Rooney has mentioned what great fans United are, thanking all his previous colleagues amongst the club - Lukaku isn't striking me as someone who will do this, and considering the club has helped him as he has helped them, it's a bit naughty. But will be glad to finally get him out of the way to stop the distractions.

Does anyone else think there may have been a bit of tapping up of Lukaku by United though? Everton have always had a fairly good business presence with United, taking some of their players while exchanging for some of our youth.

This one though, Lukaku goes to America as part of his holidays after his finished his work schedule, to happen across Paul Pogba putting up all those cryptic posts and from there it escalated to having United be interested in him and now being the forerunners to his signature.

Liverpool are getting fucked by Southampton for doing it to one of their players, to the point they have backpeddled on the purchase and made themselves look like dicks, knowing a transfer ban could have happened.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lukaku was on holiday (or training) with Pogba in LA, they didn't happen across each other.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Chelsea fan at work "Didn't want him anyway"

Slightly different from last week.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally it would of been nice but I was always concerned with the silly figures being touted for him.

DaGaffer

Personally it would of been nice but I was always concerned with the silly figures being touted for him.

Why? Its not your money. That's what a proven Prem goalscorer costs now. Especially a relatively young one. Harry Kane is now a £100M player. Let's be honest, the alternative for the same money is Morata, who everyone says is great, but can't get a game at RM, so would be a much riskier proposition even in terms of getting up to speed with the Prem. Which is probably why Conte will suck it up and keep Costa; he's an A-grade twat, but he can still score goals.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aren't Atletico under a transfer embargo anyway?

DaGaffer

Is it me or have Man City been super quiet in this wndow? Apart from a new goalkeeper...zip.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And Bernardo Silva, which was arranged in May but official at the start of July. I don't think they have a single right back at the moment though, because Alves has gone to PSG so it looks like they're going to have to dance with Levy if they want Walker.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea spanking arsenal in a pre season. 3-0 just into the second half.

Gray

FH is my second home
So came to light Ross Barkley has refused the offer Everton tabled for him at the end of the season, and it's come to light he now wants to move on to a new challenge. Fair enough it's all well and good, but what could he possibly expect now? If anything it would be a great deal to exchange him with Siggurdson, the saga with him has been dragging on for well over 12 months now so it needs to be sorted.
Tottenham was his likely destination but they have pulled interest in him. Arsenal are the only other team possibly interested in him, so even getting an exchange with Giroud would be good. If anything, Arsenal could be a side-grade now. I think he is just threatened that he isn't the Golden Boy that Rooney was and there is a manager now unlike Martinez who isn't afraid to drop him/replace him.
Just hope we don't mess up tomorrow!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Spurs wont buy him, they are doing an Arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom