Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No.

You can probably pay that for a day of Sky but that isn't pay-per-view it's Stoke/Palace 0.0 draw.

I would rather watch whichever game I feel like watching on any given Saturday, if Uncle Rupert doesn't fancy providing it, I will provide it myself and not feel in the least bit bad about it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well it isn't Uncle Rupert who decides that, they don't broadcast them all to protect matchday revenue.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Neymar to psg for 198m. Its really gone silly money.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Either get it done or fuck off with the rumours. I don't believe the neymar deal until I see a legit source

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Either get it done or fuck off with the rumours. I don't believe the neymar deal until I see a legit source
It was a french paper behind a pay wall. So couldnt quote it.

They think that cortiniho from liverpool might replace him if he goes.

Himse

FH is my second home
I think Verratti will be used as part of the deal.

Since Barca have been chasing him for a while.

CorNokZ

It was a french paper behind a pay wall. So couldnt quote it.

They think that cortiniho from liverpool might replace him if he goes.
And last I heard about Coutinho was that Neymar was waiting for him and couldn't wait to have him in Barca with him.

Rumours can fuck off. Sources can stay, they cool

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
And last I heard about Coutinho was that Neymar was waiting for him and couldn't wait to have him in Barca with him.

Rumours can fuck off. Sources can stay, they cool
It wouldnt be pre season without gossip. Gotta do something till the real playing starts.

CorNokZ

Ehhh the season is fiercely on! We've played two in the domestic and three in Europe already

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ybzf8KM.gifv

Job

Eh..it worked then went broked.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
40 mil for Matic.

lol

I can see why Spurs aren't bothering this year, its all gone mad.

Job

Well I was trying to cut down the url so you dont get that stupid script box.
I'm a minimiser, the web is becoming cluttered bloat.

Marc

FH is my second home
Well looks like Neymar is definitely on. Not like we haven't turned many a players head and signed them because we could so now the boot is on the other foot so no complaints. He's obviously the heir to the ballon d'or once Ronald and messi retire. How do you replace Neymar? Dybala?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well looks like Neymar is definitely on. Not like we haven't turned many a players head and signed them because we could so now the boot is on the other foot so no complaints. He's obviously the heir to the ballon d'or once Ronald and messi retire. How do you replace Neymar? Dybala?

€220m is just baffling. Its not like PSG are the type of team who can maximise the commercial exploitation of the player (you need to be a Real, Man U or, oops, Barcelona, to do that, maybe Bayern), so they're buying him primarily for what he can do on the pitch, and is he really worth more than twice any other player on Earth playing in Europe's fifth most important league? When Ronaldo went to Real you could say "yup, he'll be worth it" but that was because of the combination of the player, the club he joined and the league he went to play in.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter

Dunno, Dybala plays across a similar area of the pitch to Messi doesn't he? They'd be better off with Dembele/M'bappe...

Marc

FH is my second home
€220m is just baffling. Its not like PSG are the type of team who can maximise the commercial exploitation of the player (you need to be a Real, Man U or, oops, Barcelona, to do that, maybe Bayern), so they're buying him primarily for what he can do on the pitch, and is he really worth more than twice any other player on Earth playing in Europe's fifth most important league? When Ronaldo went to Real you could say "yup, he'll be worth it" but that was because of the combination of the player, the club he joined and the league he went to play in.

I'm sure the quoted £650k a week after tax might have persuaded him to go. I hope he does well but will anyone notice him enough in that league to care?

Marc

FH is my second home
Dunno, Dybala plays across a similar area of the pitch to Messi doesn't he? They'd be better off with Dembele/M'bappe...

Haven't seen much of Dembele. Any good? Mbappe would be ideal but off to Madrid isn't he?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm sure the quoted £650k a week after tax might have persuaded him to go. I hope he does well but will anyone notice him enough in that league to care?

I get his motivation, that's easy to understand. Its PSG's motivation I don't get.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They have pinned all their hopes on CL victory. Which they won't get. Nobody actually cares about French domestic football, or financial fair play rules.

Marc

FH is my second home
I get his motivation, that's easy to understand. Its PSG's motivation I don't get.

As raven has said, I guess they see him as the guy to win the champions league for them. That's all I can think of!

Embattle

FH is my second home
In reality they'll struggle to do that if UEFA come down hard on FFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom