Football The 2017/2018 Season Thread

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Watched Sweden beat Luxembourg 8-0, had hoped for 10-0. Would be interested in the odds for 8-0, let alone 10-0.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck's sake, Fellani injured in a dead rubber match for Belgium.

DaGaffer

So almost certainly no Dutchies and possibly no Argentina at the WC. Not too bothered about the Dutch, but it feels a real shame that Messi might not be there at his peak one more time (he'll be 35 in 2022).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Still, at least we aren't as bad as America...

Although those missing out are probably lucky, to be avoiding one of the most corrupt and violent world cups in history.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Yeah its going to be a mess

Russian fans did not exactly shower themselves with glory in the euros last year

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So it turns out both Benitez and Rodgers had a better win percentage than Klopp in their first 75 games.

DaGaffer

So it turns out both Benitez and Rodgers had a better win percentage than Klopp in their first 75 games.

Not remotely surprised. I actually really like Klopp, but I'm not sure gengenpressen works that well in the Prem where the game is generally a bit quicker than Europe and the refs a bit more tolerant of physicality (although getting less by the month). He also doesn't really seem to have a plan B, despite his protestations to the contrary that we're all too stupid to see it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Agreeing with everything apart from liking Klopp, because I don't particularly. I mean he's alright, he just comes across as a sarcastic knobber sometimes.

It'll be interesting (read: hopefully hilarious) to see how they fair sans Mané for the next couple of months. Oxlade-Chamberlain is going to have to sort himself out pdq. I don't think Lallana is far off returning either.

DaGaffer

Agreeing with everything apart from liking Klopp, because I don't particularly. I mean he's alright, he just comes across as a sarcastic knobber sometimes.

It'll be interesting (read: hopefully hilarious) to see how they fair sans Mané for the next couple of months. Oxlade-Chamberlain is going to have to sort himself out pdq. I don't think Lallana is far off returning either.

"Sarcastic knobber" is right in my wheelhouse. My kind of people ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Moyes sniffing around the Scotland job.

lol, please make it happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Interesting:
the guardian said:
In 24 months at Liverpool the two‑times Bundesliga winner has spent £148m on new players and recouped £116m. His opposite number at United, José Mourinho, has spent £306m and recouped £41m in 17 months at Old Trafford.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
At least it was a more interesting 0-0 than the same fixture last year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Liverpool fans always feel hard done by.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Roy had no idea what was happening at the final whistle. Bless him, the old man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom