Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I find it utterly bemusing that this is a story tbh. So Sam Allardyce is a dodgy piss-taking bastard? Did the Telegraph really need to spend 8 months setting up a sting operation to figure that out?

Only thing I can see he really did wrong was take the piss out of "Woy" - even then you'd have to be pretty thin skinned to find that offensive - and I'd suggest giving the Life of Brian a swerve if that is the case. He didn't intend to help the businessman get round 3rd party rules, just mentioned how people are doing it - and said he would check with his boss before he took on any additional work.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He wouldn't have been "checking with his boss before he took on any additional work" he'd had been "checking with his boss to see if they'd mind him helping someone get around their very own rules regarding third party ownership"... I doubt the FA would care much if he had a gig on the side as long as it was a legitimate gig and didn't interfere with his job.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No
He wouldn't have been "checking with his boss before he took on any additional work" he'd had been "checking with his boss to see if they'd mind him helping someone get around their very own rules regarding third party ownership"... I doubt the FA would care much if he had a gig on the side as long as it was a legitimate gig and didn't interfere with his job.

What are basing that on? Not on what's been released. He was only after money for public speaking.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No

What are basing that on? Not on what's been released. He was only after money for public speaking.

With English national football essentially falling apart and a complete embarrassment to all concerned, I don't think the FA had much choice but to act immediately. In a different world there would be further examination of what he had done, rather than a knee jerk reaction.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes I agree Raven, but that's not what callous said. He's inferred guilt of some thing else from what's been released.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No

Public speaking, lol. He was after money for advising investors in firms in Hong Kong and Singapore on how to buy players and skirt around third party ownership rules. It's public speaking in that he would presumably have been speaking to more than one person at a time but it's not exactly an after-dinner speech we're talking about here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well I for one am shocked that Harry Redknapp's name has come up re: dodgy goings on.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Diego Alves is a beast. Close to 50% saves on penalties. Shame the rest of Valencia is a bunch of ball spastics. Hopefully Prandelli will change that

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Given the referee was about 6 inches away, how the fuck was that not at least a booking?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I would have smacked Pogba in the nose for that, lmfao.

Lethul

FH is my second home
The refs missed a lot of calls right infront of their noses this weekend tbh

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Di Matteo gone from Villa, Guidolin gone from Swansea. Both were on the cards but Guidolin can consider himself unlucky I think.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Managers getting the blame for badly run football clubs again. The rot has well and truly taken hold at Villa and the slide started 5 years or so ago. They will do a Bolton/Coventry before long.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure what your point is. Except to reinforce mine (or at least the one in the picture) :)

Even after a change of manager they are still basically shit due to poor transfer strategy, poor management and poor ownership.

I know @Scouse is convinced the only thing that matters is money spent but we have another situation where that view is flawed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Never said *only* thing @Raven - it does, however, make a mahoosive difference...

...including making United's current 'woes' even sweeter. But we'll see where they're at at the end of the season.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Anyone listening to the England match on 5 Live? I started a drinking game, one shot for each time Chris Waddle says 'the final third' and two shots each time he adds 'lacking quality in' before that. 24 minutes in I'd better post now cos I'm already pissed, probably unconscious by half time.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Only putting 2 past Malta? How rubbish are you exactly?

(Don't worry we're probably about to lose to Lithuania)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom