Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Runners and Riders peeps .

Dont think anyone got leics to win last year .

This year i predict

Man U to win
Man City Second
Chelsea Third
and Arsenal in their favourite place.

With

Burnley, Hull and Sunderland being relegated

And to recap this years first result

Celtic Lost to Gibraltar 1-0 ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not going to bother with any predictions but Arsenal will be lucky to get 4th this year.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea win as they have no European Football.
Man City
Arsenal
Man Utd / Spuds

Leicester to have a tough time with second season syndrome and a packed fixture list.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's funny how some people think that Leicester are suddenly a force in world football after that batshit-crazy season.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Its more funny how the people who remind those people are usually Spurs fans!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Its more funny how the people who remind those people are usually Spurs fans!
Huh? The whole footballing world seems to be of the opinion that last season was a complete anomaly and Leicester won't achieve anything like the level of success this time around with extra fixtures, revitalised "top 4" teams (United, City and Chelsea) and people being wise to their style of play. Especially if they sell the likes of Kante.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think he might have been having a friendly dig...

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Tottenham
Arsenal
Chelski
Man City

As always I hope Im wrong and that Liverpool wins it!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anyone making predictions at this stage is whistling in the dark. It's probably the most unpredictable pre-season in Prem history.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hence why I'm not until closer to the start of the season.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
we will finish second and hopefully get to the CL group stage. Meeting Belfast tonight in a real nail biter!

As for the Prem, I have no idea. Just that Arsenal will fail hard and drop out of top four

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone making predictions at this stage is whistling in the dark. It's probably the most unpredictable pre-season in Prem history.
just some conversation to get the new season thread started

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Arsenal to win, Tottenham 2nd place on goal difference, giroud scoring extra time hat trick in last match of season

Hull to start well then spectacularly implode as usual :(

Liverpool to be at no 1 after 10 games but number 10 at end of season because Klopp spends too much time making Opel adverts instead of managing

soze

I am a FH squatter
If Arsenal sign Higuain and Morata I might bump us up to 1st!

soze

I am a FH squatter
But we do have a release event scheduled for our away kit next week. The same one that was on sale in Australia over a month ago.

But Wenger has said both Theo and Giroud are not for sale so you know fuck it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I'm keeping quiet until the transfer roundabout has stopped spinning.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm happy with our business so far. It looks like we're getting rid of Fazio, we signed Wanyama (who was excellent under Poch at Saints but hasn't really shone since) and Vincent Janssen (said to be the next van Nistelrooy... no pressure then) from AZ Alkmaar. We're apparently in for Wijnaldum (sorry @Shagrat) but Levy will probably tell Ashley where to go if he insists that he's worth £25m.

Gray

FH is my second home
Everton have all this money and fuck all to spend it on again, or should i say, all this money but they can't decide... Shame Mata decided he may stay at ManU, he'd have been a really good signing.

While we didn't get my choice in de Boer as manager, i think we should do more respectable this time, hell even push for Europe. Sell off Stones' for an extortionate amount to ManCity and hope Lukaku stops sulking.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm happy with our business so far. It looks like we're getting rid of Fazio, we signed Wanyama (who was excellent under Poch at Saints but hasn't really shone since) and Vincent Janssen (said to be the next van Nistelrooy... no pressure then) from AZ Alkmaar. We're apparently in for Wijnaldum (sorry @Shagrat) but Levy will probably tell Ashley where to go if he insists that he's worth £25m.

Wanyama is a walking red card. Can't iamge he will be first choice at Spurs. Good depth player though.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You can have him, just don't waste your time playing him in away games.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
September.?

Well more to see what happened with Leicester, thought if they could keep the big names from last season and add a couple more I still thought they'd be in with a chance of getting a European place.

However, looks like Kante is on his way to Chelsea, and Mahrez is stalling on a new contract he has been offered so might also be on his way, so they're going to end up mid table.

Newcastle to win the Championship (of course!). Hanging onto Benitez much more important than whether we keep Wijnaldum/Sissoko.

With all the new manager coming in going to be an interesting season. I reckon:

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Man Utd.

think Sunderland (of course!) will go down, with Burnley and Hull

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ohhh. Official fantasy football app this season. About time.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Should be interesting at the first few games

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Looks like it's Mike Basset.....sorry, Big Sam for England....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pity for Sunderland, that fucks them right up just before the season starts. They'll get someone like Tactics Tim in and it'll be an unmitigated disaster. They'll be playing Newcastle again before they know it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Still think a balloon with a smiley face drawn on it would have been the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom