Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think its stupid to try and honey trap people like that are they not wanting a strong england team? I think the telegraph should be soundly beaten for this practise too.

Wanting or not wanting a strong English team doesn't have anything to do with this mess. I'd even go as far as claiming that The Telegraphs care for the sport as a whole is pretty damn far down on their list of priorities.. All they wanted was a scandal to write about, it just so happened to be something that involved Football this time..

Just too bad that Allardyce was more then willing to take the bait..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just too bad that Allardyce was more then willing to take the bait..
You mean too bad that "football" knows that the 3rd party ownership rules, which have been likened to slavery, are easy to circumvent and have done nothing about it - and that Allardyce was stupid (and bent) enough to talk to what he thought were "foreign investors" about how to dodge the FA's rules - for a fee.

Entrapment my arse. The only thing that sucks about this is that the papers aren't up in arms about how weak that FIFA and the FA's rules are and that all the clubs know about it...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm not sure if you're saying the Telegraph should have stayed away, but I mean, all media outlets do this, get a juicy story and they follow it up, even if it's because blair bummed 100 kids, they don't do it as a moral crusade, they do it because it's a good story.

End of the day Allardyce was in a kind of public position, so therefore if he does dumb shit, he gets shit for it, he knew that, we knew that, it should be accepted.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can't blame the Telegraph for him being a greedy chode.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You can't blame the Telegraph for him being a greedy chode.

Just out of interest, how long have you been using the word 'chode' and do you know what it's background and meaning is? Not a slight, just curious as me and my mates use it too...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Don't know really. Old word. Had a mate that went by it as a nickname.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Don't know really. Old word. Had a mate that went by it as a nickname.

Well, that pronunciation, although my mate spells it 'chod', is Hindi for fucker ... we use the term a lot as a friendly term of endearment :eek6:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
In fact, to put a bit more of a story in here, we went for an Indian meal years ago, pretty drunk as you'd imagine, and I asked my best mate for a polite way to say 'excuse me, can we have our beers?'... 'Ghan chod, beer lau' he tells me to say, and I did.

Apparently to Indian folk being called an arse-fucker is a very nasty insult... my mate pissed himself, of course, and the waiter eventually laughed too....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wonder about the rationale behind ban chod @Moriath support of Allardyce - after all he was caught breaching FIFA and FA regulations.

If bankers or politicians were caught breaking the rules in the same manner should they also get off scott free Mori?

Gwadien

In fact, to put a bit more of a story in here, we went for an Indian meal years ago, pretty drunk as you'd imagine, and I asked my best mate for a polite way to say 'excuse me, can we have our beers?'... 'Ghan chod, beer lau' he tells me to say, and I did.

Apparently to Indian folk being called an arse-fucker is a very nasty insult... my mate pissed himself, of course, and the waiter eventually laughed too....

Sister/Brother-fucker is the one.

YOU FUCKING BENCHAUD FUCKER

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I wonder about the rationale behind ban chod @Moriath support of Allardyce - after all he was caught breaching FIFA and FA regulations.

If bankers or politicians were caught breaking the rules in the same manner should they also get off scott free Mori?
I already said i do t agree with entrapment journalism whatever the circumstances. If you read. Not just footy :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Celtic vs. City was a much better match than I was expecting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I already said i do t agree with entrapment journalism whatever the circumstances
Ridiculous.

If there's a clear public interest then it's a legitimate tool.

What if a high level politician's a paedo, or dodgy dealing on the side? They wouldn't be keeping documentary evidence so sting operations do have legitimate use.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Entrapment is dodgey ground for creating proof of things. Under english law parts of evidence or even a whole case can be thrown out if entrapment is used to entice someone to commit a crime.

So why should the press try and convict someone in the media, if the methods they are using are deemed underhand by the cps.

The telegraph forgot to mention in much of their article that he said he would have to run stuff past the fa.

So everyone focused on the facts that they wanted. Not a true reflection of what happened. Which is the same in any media.

All you lot trash people for reading the torygraph or the guardian or daily mail. Except when they do something like this. Sigh

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Dodged the direct questions there @Moriath.
Not really. I believe anyone should be found guilty on evidence gained, by what they have done, forensics, cctv, surveillence

If you cant do that then they arnt guilty ot very clever.

So if you cant find evidence about a peado or whoever else without putting temptation in their way and coercing them to doing something. With means that wouldnt be allowed by the police. Then they shouldnt be tried in the press.

Direct answer if you cant determine them guilty without entrapment then they arnt guilty.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you cant do that then they arnt guilty or very clever
So if you're a clever person, perhaps an arms dealer, for arguments sake, selling weapons to proscribed organisations or in off-limits regions, and someone sets up a fake deal so you incriminate yourself (because it's not as if you keep records, right?) then you're not guilty?

Very interesting.

Idiotic. But interesting.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Scoring in the 95th and 96th minute to beat Norwich 4-3 and deciding not to go to the game at the last minute :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So if you're a clever person, perhaps an arms dealer, for arguments sake, selling weapons to proscribed organisations or in off-limits regions, and someone sets up a fake deal so you incriminate yourself (because it's not as if you keep records, right?) then you're not guilty?

Very interesting.

Idiotic. But interesting.
Its how policing in england and wales works. They seem to get convictions..

Gwadien

Entrapment is dodgy in the pov of the law, sure, which is dumb.

However it is not dodgy from a moral or ethical position, which is the case here. I think Sam is a big enough boy to say no to strangers offering him sweets from a van.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The telegraph have become gutter press, look at their latest allegations from the same sting against JFH and Cellino. Neither have actually done anything wrong but it's been construed that they have by some clever word play.

Now big Sam had to go, however he's probably been given a fair few drinks and did not actually agree to do anything. He suggested rules were being broken but didn't say by himself or how. I'd say judging him or anyone without all the facts is ridiculous

Gwadien

The telegraph have become gutter press, look at their latest allegations from the same sting against JFH and Cellino. Neither have actually done anything wrong but it's been construed that they have by some clever word play.

Now big Sam had to go, however he's probably been given a fair few drinks and did not actually agree to do anything. He suggested rules were being broken but didn't say by himself or how. I'd say judging him or anyone without all the facts is ridiculous

He resigned which shows an element of guilt, if he was innocent he could have fought his corner, my problem is that he came out attacking the journalists which also adds to his guilt in my perspective, if he was going to fight the innocent battle then he would have made a deeper explanation.

Personally? I don't think he gives a shit, he got his million payout and now he's gonna find a new club pretty sharpish - watch him end up at Derby ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Looking at the clips on the news (which I admit may not be everything he said) Allardyce came across as saying "third party ownership rules are easily avoided", which isn't the same thing as "I can do that for you". I certainly think he made his position untenable given the FA were his employer, but I didn't see anything that would stand up in a court of law.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
2909-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1-medium.png

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
"third party ownership rules are easily avoided", which isn't the same thing as "I can do that for you".
Sex with minor is easily avoided....

Honestly don't understand your rationale there. Its clearly not the same. If he had said, "I can help you circumvent the rules around third party ownership", then yes guilty as fuck, but he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom