Football The 2016/2017 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From what i read he did say he would have to clear most of it with the powers that be before he could commit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It does sound like the Telegraph cherry picked the most damning quotes (surprise) from what he said if his statement is to be believed but what a fool.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well he lasted a long time. At least we dont have a tough match in 10 days

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pearson gone from Derby too....
It could be just performance related but the way they did it (suspending him while they carried out an "internal investigation") makes it sound like he might be involved too.

Anyway, this is by no means the last we'll hear about this Telegraph sting...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think its stupid to try and honey trap people like that are they not wanting a strong england team? I think the telegraph should be soundly beaten for this practise too.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It could be just performance related but the way they did it (suspending him while they carried out an "internal investigation") makes it sound like he might be involved too.

Anyway, this is by no means the last we'll hear about this Telegraph sting...

Nah, I don't think it is to do with that.

Mel Morris the new Derby chairman is an absolute dickhead - the guy that founded the company that made Candy Crush - he's a Derby fan, but he sacked Clement because Clement wanted promotion whereas Morris wanted to build a better team and achieve a safer promotion.

Fair enough, but then got Pearson on board who spent £20mil (yes, you PL fans are laughing) and resized the pitch to play the Leicester-esque style of football with new players, moving the players who were all used to playing together in a more possession style of football.

Now McClaren is in talks about maybe coming back, the guy who did pretty well under the possession style of football.

It's dark days :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Watch the other manager be Jurgen Klopp, you know because so far he hasn't put a foot wrong in anyones eyes and seems to be Mr Freakin' Perfect (I love the guy)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Still, on the plus side. The next manager might drop Rooney, he will be virtually unsackable after this farce.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It does sound like the Telegraph cherry picked the most damning quotes (surprise) from what he said if his statement is to be believed but what a fool.
Doesn't matter if they were cherry picked if he said it.

Shame for the footie tho - right man for the job.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think its stupid to try and honey trap people like that are they not wanting a strong england team? I think the telegraph should be soundly beaten for this practise too.
Knob jockey.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Whatever. I dont believe in entrapment to entertain the masses in a news paper

So a newspaper shouldn't investigate corruption in a perfectly legal manner just because it's "football" ?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So a newspaper shouldn't investigate corruption in a perfectly legal manner just because it's "football" ?
No i dont believe in entrapment. They can investigate like the police would. And gather evidence and put it to them or present it to the public. But not entrapment which is what that fake shaek guy with tulisa is all about too.

Its not just football its anything where someone is enticed to do wrong. Rather than proving they have done wrong of their own volition.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's a very backwards way of looking at it.

They did gather evidence and they have handed all of the transcripts over to the police. If he wasn't dodgy then he would've got up and walked out of the meeting (like other managers apparently did). He's made a catastrophic error of judgement (before he'd even taken charge of a game for England) and he had to go because of it, blowing what he himself said was a lifetime dream job.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would say his career is probably pretty much over.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Is he the only england manager with a 100% record? :)

They wouldnt have targeted him without evidence and from the story emerging it does not appear to be first time he was involved, not to mention his agent and another guy was there too at any point any of them could have said "this is wrong lets not do this" but they did not

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Fucking get IN!!!! Leicester we're coming for you!!!

What a night!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking get IN!!!! Leicester we're coming for you!!!

What a night!
A lifelong Leicester fan for all of half a season. :eek:

Better source for the goal, which doesn't involve going to twitter.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
A lifelong Leicester fan for all of half a season. :eek:

Better source for the goal, which doesn't involve going to twitter.

I've never been a Leicester fan? Please provide proof of such outrageous claims...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Could the Copenhagen manager be any more of a Pep wannabe? Its like Guardiola cosplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom