Football The 2012 / 2013 Season Thread

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The thing with the SPL not allowing Rangers back in is that the league will be even more boring now and even less popular.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Let them into League 2 and then just as they are about to get promoted to the Premier League after successive promotions Scotland declares independence, that way we get to kick them in the balls all over again! :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Rangers supporters groups threatening to boycott away games good chance the clubs will send them non league.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Why would any other club give a fuck if they boycott away games anyway?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Litmus said:
Why would any other club give a fuck if they boycott away games anyway?

Rangers and Celtic fans can out number the home teams at smaller clubs. So lost gate money.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Who cares if they boycott games? the other SPL clubs won't, as they will only get rangers in the cups now.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
Who cares if they boycott games? the other SPL clubs won't, as they will only get rangers in the cups now.

SFL teams, they get a vote next week about letting rangers in the 1st or 3rd division. The only reason to let them in would be increased gate receipts. Without them the clubs have no reason to not send them non league.

Everz

FH is my second home
Unless you vote for Swansea and Cardiff to get the boot this position is hard to take.

They are historically part of the system. Rangers/Celtic have never been part of the system.

Everz

FH is my second home
If they have the quality he'll use them. Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen who was sold to PSV became a starter in before he turned twenty and even became captain at the age of 22. In less important matches he'd pretty much always use a couple of youths. To name two you have Kenneth Zohore and Thomas Delaney. Zohore was sold to Fiorentina at the age of 19. He uses a combination depending on the situation

Ahh nice, we have our best batch of youth prospects that the academy has ever produced. Mick refused to use them and we are hoping that Stale will give them the crack of the whip. Zeli Ismail especially.. tears would be shed if his talent ends up elsewhere and not in the black and gold.

Everz

FH is my second home
Rangers newco have been denied entrance to the SPL. All that is left now is for the SFA to decide if they go into the 3rd or 1st division. if it is 3rd division I would not be surprised to see the new owner fold the club or try the English FA.

They will be placed in the 3rd division. They can't move to England simply put, if they do then they will be unable to ever qualify for Europe.. you surely realized this? Cardiff were only going to be allowed too as for the mass majority of their history they have played in the English system.. it's also why they and Swansea can't go through to Europe via the Welsh Cup anymore.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck this tennis bollocks. Give football.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That is it then, RVP likely to move after refusing to extend his remaining 12 months. Going to be very interesting to see where he goes but I suspect abroad.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That is it then, RVP likely to move after refusing to extend his remaining 12 months. Going to be very interesting to see where he goes but I suspect abroad.

The arsenal press release seems to indicate they will hold him to his last year.

soze

I am a FH squatter
They will be placed in the 3rd division. They can't move to England simply put, if they do then they will be unable to ever qualify for Europe.. you surely realized this? Cardiff were only going to be allowed too as for the mass majority of their history they have played in the English system.. it's also why they and Swansea can't go through to Europe via the Welsh Cup anymore.
Mate the money in English football mans European qualification is not the ultimate issue. If they can ever make it into the Premiership then finishing 20th in a few years will net them £60?m. Even with getting knocked out of Europe in the first round and winning the league for 3 seasons will not make them that in Scotland. They have every reason to try.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The arsenal press release seems to indicate they will hold him to his last year.
Yeah my understanding is that barring a £25m+ offer or RVP refusing to play he will still be here. And given Theo's negotiations resolved around RVP staying i expect a similar statement from hm. Unless the club turn him by offering him the 150k they were offering RVP.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They will take £20 million and move on, mark my words. It makes zero sense to hang onto someone who will leave for free when you can get a big fee immediately and replace with quality. There are plenty of good strikers around at that price and for a little more you can buy world class.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Honestly, theo will be no great loss. He doesn't deserve the wages you are talking about, and he'll whine every season about wanting to play upfront, even though he is awful as a striker. Get rid, let some mug pay those wages if they will.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why would they? Theo has pretty much proven he isn't quite the golden boy he thought he was 3-4 years ago. He is good but certainly not a player to build a team around. If he dicks them about they should just offload him, plenty of non-English players that are far better than him and would cost a lot less.

soze

I am a FH squatter
cHodAX said:
They will take £20 million and move on, mark my words. It makes zero sense to hang onto someone who will leave for free when you can get a big fee immediately and replace with quality. There are plenty of good strikers around at that price and for a little more you can buy world class.

RVP goals could make the difference between CL football and no CL football. So if he is happy to play out his contract then we should let him barring a big big offer.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
RVP goals could make the difference between CL football and no CL football. So if he is happy to play out his contract then we should let him barring a big big offer.

£20 million is good value if you invest it properly, yes you might get one more good season out of him if he stays but isn't it better to get a new but quality young striker in and build around him? Don't see how delaying the inevitable helps you beyond the short term and just importantly how much damage does it do to squad morale to have a player who is definately leaving in the near future?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I dont think arsenal have not been rebuilding for about 10 years have they?

soze

I am a FH squatter
£20 million is good value if you invest it properly, yes you might get one more good season out of him if he stays but isn't it better to get a new but quality young striker in and build around him? Don't see how delaying the inevitable helps you beyond the short term and just importantly how much damage does it do to squad morale to have a player who is definately leaving in the near future?
All depends on RVP if he is willing to play his last season I say let him. If he is already dreaming of his £250k a week after tax then sell him now. But £20m will not make the difference we have plenty of cash what we do not have is unlimited wage capacity if he really wants a fresh start we need to offload about 5 of 6 players and start building around Jack and AOC in the middle. And make sure both of them sign a new deal every summer this grinding down to no years is starting to get boring.

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
Arsenal should take the money for him before he gets crocked again :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can't credit all the rumours about United taking an interest in him. He just doesn't fit the United buying profile.

rynnor

Rockhound
If RVP has only 1 year left presumably that means hes cheap to buy?

I can see him going before the end of the month - its all so public now and hes fallen out with Wenger - it just screams goodbye.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He will go on a free when he leaves in a year (if they keep him that long) and command a stupid wage packet or a big signing on fee.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Will he leave this summer? Cash in or amke him see out his contract? Hard one, he won't be worth alot cos clubs now know he isn't staying. Bit shit of him to anounce it like that, would have been better to agree with the club about leaving, sign a new deal and get the club his real value.

That's rubbish.

If he leaves next year on a free and has a good season this season he'll be able to get both a whacking great salary and a massive multi-million signing-on fee.

Why give Arsenal all that cash when he could have it for himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom