Football The 2012 / 2013 Season Thread

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by megadave, Jul 1, 2012.

1. megadave

megadave I am a FH squatter

Let's get going! Can we beat the previous years and create Freddy's new biggest thread?

Let's get our predictions in early so we can easily look back and eat our hats at the end of the year.

Man city
    Man utd
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

Real wild prediction there ;)

2. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Probably City. I see Chelsea being a force to be reckoned with and Spurs finishing 4th!

3. Everz

Everz FH is my second home

[​IMG]

Officially started today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

Interesting how you think you'll get 4th already... you have no manager, no strikers that can score goals, Modric looks likely to be off, Vertonghen hasn't come in....

It's a bit early for predictions IMO as there's still a huge chunk of summer dealing to go down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

1. City
    2. Chel$ki
    3. Arsenal
    4. Utd
    5. Newcastle
    6. Spuds
    7. Liverpool

I think it will be a close year and baring some transfers i think Utd may drop off the pace abit Scholes and Giggs can not keep going all season. Some transfers in and Utd will shoot up again though. And with us RVP and Theo leave we could easily drop.

6. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

Cant look beyond City again for the title this year.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Man Utd

For my boys, would love to see a good run in Europe, and another top 6 finish, going to be tough to replicate last season though.

Difficult to pick a bottom 3, depends how the newcomers adapt, I reckon Stoke might go down this year.

7. Everz

City
    United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal

For an early summer prediction. My big 'prem' prediction will depend on how well Newcastle spend this summer and how much Europe will take tole on there squad.

Norwich
    Southampton
    Wigan

For the drop. Norwich are shit and hopefully going, Saints signing imho have been terrible so far and I dislike them and hopefully Wigans luck runs out.

8. eksdee

eksdee FH is my second home

Chelsea
    City
    Utd
    Arsenal

Have to agree predications right now seem pretty pointless, lots of transfers to be done yet hopefully. :)

9. Reno

Reno One of Freddy's beloved

My uninformed prediction, if no other major transfer news is forth coming:
    Shitty.
    Chel$ki.
    Wenga Boys.
    Utd.

10. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

we've only made 1 signing!

11. Everz

Indeed, pissing it up the wall on a cack striker :p.

12. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

we will see, it is a lot of money for 1 player. rumours are that we offered brum 6m for Butland as well, but they want closer to 9. We do need a keeper, I don't think Davis is prem quality, but 9m is a lot for an unproven young keeper, especially when you look at people like Vorm at Swansea, 1m, West Ham got Jussi on a free... there must be more viable options.

13. ileks

ileks Part of the furniture

City
    Chelsea
    United
    <10 points or so>
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Spurs

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Everz

He was good for Cheltenham last season if that gives you any hope, that is League Two though.

I can't see Blues holding out for long seeing as they are broke.

15. Urgluf

Urgluf Part of the furniture

Was very active lurker last year! Might be more active this year! Looking forward to the start of the new season!

Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne.. I wonder how much they will play at chelsea! I guess only Hazard :)

16. Vladamir

Vladamir FH is my second home

Think the latter two are likely to go out on loan, would like to see Sturridge take more of a central role this year, no Kalou for Di Matteo to play this year so hopefully he'll get more game time.

17. Billargh

Billargh FH is my second home

City
    Chelsea
    United
    Arsenal

Villa, Stoke and Wigan to go down!

18. Everz

Villa going down would be the dream.

19. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

another pompey relegation is the dream. don't want them to fold but would love them to be stuck in league 2 with their league 2 stadium notarf krap for ever

20. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

City / utd / chelski for the 3 top spots, not in that order. Big gap to 4th, which spurs will take. Arse / pool take 5th and 6th.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Turamber

Turamber FH is my second home

I guess it is a Sunday, you're allowed to be drunk this early in the day.

22. Turamber

Face, bovvered?

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Turamber

Oh and not at all bothered about who wins the league or finishes in the top few places - absolutely snoozeworthy. But I'm pretty sure Norwich will be going down, without Lambert they're utterly screwed. With any luck Stoke and the Tesco bags will join them.

24. Keitanz

Keitanz Can't get enough of FH

I doubt Spurs will finish in the top 4 next season. they need to sign a big name striker and another class midfielder..

It's 6 weeks too early for predictions and for all we know Man Utd could lose Rooney and Nani and not sign anyone to fill in the gaps... (stops dreaming)..

25. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

City
    Chelsea
    UTD
    Arsenal
    Tottenham

To go down

Southampton
    QPR
    Villa

26. Keitanz

Keitanz Can't get enough of FH

I just read this rumour on twitter about Van PErsie.. not sure if it's a typo or someone has made it up and gone completely crazy in the head.
    "Arsenal have turned down a 8m offer from Juventus for Robin van Persie, according to reports in Italy."

£8m :D

27. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Unless there are 2-3 new signings still to come I can't see United doing better than 3rd this year. Abramovich and the Arabs going toe-to-toe this season I reckon.

28. soze

soze I am a FH squatter

TBH that will be paper bullshit. But clubs can offer what they want. He is out of contract in 12 months so you are paying for him for 1 year so the fee have to reflect that. The Nasri money was madness if he leaves and goes to anyone but City I would be surprised to see £20m.

29. Everz

Our local rag says Fletcher is to hand in a transfer request.

Thats half the league bidding for him now :(.

30. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Copenhagen to reconquer the Danish title and advance to the CL group stage only to get knocked out in 4th position

Regarding the EPL:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Utd
    4. Arsenal

If United manage to grab some new players like Lewandowski and Kagawa, I think they're called, they'll be in second. But I think that City will win it again this year and possibly have a run at the CL title