Football The 2012 / 2013 Season Thread

Everz

FH is my second home
Hope it works out, the lad has potential but as always you need to see them playing in full throttle games to see if they really have what it takes.

Agreed, thats why we are hoping a few of our lads get the run out. Fingers crossed this is the year we unleash Zeli. Mick held him back from the first team for too long, the kid could rule the prem one day if his reserve/academy talent is anything to go by.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Form and fitness are completely different things, you seem to have them confused.
I don't think I have, Richards was not a first choice for Man City so his form was not that good. If Pearce had said I picked Richard because i needed a defender I would accept that without a problem but saying it is due to form does not seem right to me. But that is just me.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'm sure you would have laughed last year if I told you that FCN were going to be Champions..... oh wait!.....they did... ... ... ...
Show me where you said that. They won it because we decided to lay off a man who had given us an eight point lead with half a season to go and then decided to appoint an officer man to the manager job

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
AVB is in London to finalise his deal with Spuds.

I actually hope this works out for him, yes he made the wrong choices at chelski, but that squad had far too many egos to try and work with.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If he does I'm going to regret not putting a tenner on him to be the new manager at 12/1 :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
If he goes there Chel$ki save a fortune? He gets £100k a month until he accepts a new job or his contract runs out or something similar. Very smart from Chel$ki to get that rather than a lump sum deal.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Maybe smart, but didn't they loose £15 odd million when the signed him in the first place?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
manure floating $100m on the NYSE. Desperate times!

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah. Read about it before going to bed, really hope he recovers quickly. Sad news. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
England. 4th best team in the world apparantly.

lol

Gray

FH is my second home
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18701146

Good signing, on a free as well. Hoping we can get a few more names down now. Don't know what the situation is with Pienaar though, AvB might actually have plans for him unlike Redknapp which would be gutting, but still don't think the Spurs fans have forgiven him in such a short period of time due to the Chelsea/Champions League congratulations, so maybe that will play a part in the move.

I'd like to think we can at least hold onto a top 7 position if not even better. We just need to get the shitty season beginnings stopped and we might make some headway.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Will be interesting to see how far this Rangers Newco chase this though the courts. It could end up costing you money or losing you the player.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Wonder if they'll apply to the English Football League if the SPL, as is expected, rejects them.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Wonder if they'll apply to the English Football League if the SPL, as is expected, rejects them.
With losing all their best players and having no money if they do i doubt they will ever see the premiership. They are doomed if they stay as well Celtic are demanding 30% of Rangers TV money for 5 years to let them back in. Hearts and another team who are still owed money for player transfers want TV money until that debt is settled and every other club will want something.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Van der Vaart once said of Harry Redknapp's work on tactics: "It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Van der Vaart once said of Harry Redknapp's work on tactics: "It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that"

It's going to be quite a change at Spurs. I can't think of a manager more "opposite" to 'Arry than AVB.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah indeed, it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
With losing all their best players and having no money if they do i doubt they will ever see the premiership. They are doomed if they stay as well Celtic are demanding 30% of Rangers TV money for 5 years to let them back in. Hearts and another team who are still owed money for player transfers want TV money until that debt is settled and every other club will want something.

They may be better off financially if they can get into League 2 than Division 1 of the Scottish League? Not sure.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Be a bit different with AVB. Lots of tactics but I wonder about his man management. Hopefully with less ego's to deal with he can achieve what he intended to do at Chelsea.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm quite excited about it tbh. He will be approximately a shitload more successful than he was at Chelsea because yeah, less ego's and also less pressure from upstairs. Could be good!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He can read and write. Surely that's an improvement in itself?!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No wonder they haven't really bought much recently.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Are Spuds fans not worried about the High line defence with you ageing and injury prone defence or do you anticipate a clear out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom