Football The 2012 / 2013 Season Thread

soze

I am a FH squatter
If he is happy to play out his contract he will stay for the year barring a bid that Arsenal will not turn down.
If he refuses to play he will leave on the cheap this summer.

Just need to find out how much RVP wants out this summer. Either way i want it sorted in the next couple of weeks we can't let it drag out if he is going then sell him now and replace him.

gohan

FH is my second home
That's rubbish.

If he leaves next year on a free and has a good season this season he'll be able to get both a whacking great salary and a massive multi-million signing-on fee.

Why give Arsenal all that cash when he could have it for himself?
loyalty? Giving somthing back to a club that paid his wages while he spent 50% of his arsenal career injured? integrity? look who I'm talking to though.......

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Can't credit all the rumours about United taking an interest in him. He just doesn't fit the United buying profile.

All depends on RVP if he is willing to play his last season I say let him. If he is already dreaming of his £250k a week after tax then sell him now. But £20m will not make the difference we have plenty of cash what we do not have is unlimited wage capacity if he really wants a fresh start we need to offload about 5 of 6 players and start building around Jack and AOC in the middle. And make sure both of them sign a new deal every summer this grinding down to no years is starting to get boring.

Swap for Berbatov and £15 million imo!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If he is happy to play out his contract he will stay for the year barring a bid that Arsenal will not turn down.
If he refuses to play he will leave on the cheap this summer.

Just need to find out how much RVP wants out this summer. Either way i want it sorted in the next couple of weeks we can't let it drag out if he is going then sell him now and replace him.

Look at United's last season with Beckham, we all knew he was going and he played like it for 75% of the season making sure he didn't get injured. It hurt team morale and we were glad to see him gone just so we could stabilise again. Arsenal need to take the money and plan for the future, as a couple of Arsenal players have already said, you can get Cisse for £20 million and he has alot more miles in the tank so there will be a good sell on fee if it doesn't work out.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Look at United's last season with Beckham, we all knew he was going and he played like it for 75% of the season making sure he didn't get injured. It hurt team morale and we were glad to see him gone just so we could stabilise again. Arsenal need to take the money and plan for the future, as a couple of Arsenal players have already said, you can get Cisse for £20 million and he has alot more miles in the tank so there will be a good sell on fee if it doesn't work out.
Yeah the more I read the statement the more i see it as a forgone conclusion. Add to that it was done without Arsenal being informed leads me to believe his agent is carving out an opening for him and city. Sorry Robin you have gone from being a Henry to being a Nasri in my eyes.

With City cooling their interest last week and now this i think we will get low balled and he will transfer for under £15m on the last day of the Window :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If the price drops that low then I fully expect United to step in with a cash+player offer.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Would you pay £250k after tax that's what he is transferring for.

Nope but United will offset against Berbatov's wages somewhat and also highly bonus him rather that a massive outright wage. We could find terms but I strongly suspect he will go abroad unless City offer literally double the market rate, which is entirely possible and I hope it comes back to bite them on the arse with FFP.

Everz

FH is my second home
Mate the money in English football mans European qualification is not the ultimate issue. If they can ever make it into the Premiership then finishing 20th in a few years will net them £60?m. Even with getting knocked out of Europe in the first round and winning the league for 3 seasons will not make them that in Scotland. They have every reason to try.

The money outside of the Prem is garbage. If Rangers were to start at the bottom then it'd be a long way up and with fact they would be unattractive to most players regardless of how much money they have.. no Europe, no big players.

They would also fight a hell of a lot more to get anywhere in England, it would take them years to get to the Prem and even then I highly doubt they would be anywhere near the top half. They'll stay in Scotland and reform in the 3rd.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
cHodAX said:
If the price drops that low then I fully expect United to step in with a cash+player offer.

He's 28. United just don't buy players that age anymore.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The money outside of the Prem is garbage. If Rangers were to start at the bottom then it'd be a long way up and with fact they would be unattractive to most players regardless of how much money they have.. no Europe, no big players.

They would also fight a hell of a lot more to get anywhere in England, it would take them years to get to the Prem and even then I highly doubt they would be anywhere near the top half. They'll stay in Scotland and reform in the 3rd.
SPL money is a joke compared to championship money. You have players leave SPL teams all the time because they get offered double the wages in the 1st Division and the Championship. There is not to no TV money in the lower divisions. In any division of the English league they will earn more. Even if it takes a few years to make it to the Premiership with the loyal fan base they have they will have no problems getting similar players to the other teams around them.

I do not know if they should come to England but if they were going to this is the time. 1 years non league then up the English Leagues rather than Scottish. The prize on offer is just so much more.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Rangers are talking to the English FA.

The problem is, the English FA can't understand a fucking word they're saying.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
loyalty? Giving somthing back to a club that paid his wages while he spent 50% of his arsenal career injured? integrity? look who I'm talking to though.......

Lol! Don't like the actual facts so respond by accusing me of lacking integrity! :D

You're a fool if you think that is what football is about nowadays. Since the inception of the Premier League football has been about one thing - MONEY. Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney.

It's why Chelski won the league, why ManU have been up there for ages (and a billion pounds in debt) and why Liverpool haven't won the league. It's why City is attracting can buy an amazing team and why Barca and Madrid are winning. It's why smaller clubs are being bought up cheap by billionaires and investment companies because they understand that a global audience - with games played by "local" clubs in other countries (just like Richard Scudamore tried to arrange, but backed off when the fans didn't like it) - is going to make them a fuckload of money in the long run.

Fans are there for the milking. They just don't like the idea that they're being cynically milked - so the club uses words like "loyalty" and "integrity". You're a dick if you think it really exists.

Van Persie can earn himself an extra 15 million quid or he can give it to Arsenal. Or he can go to City or Barca or Madrid or any of the other big-money teams and win stuff and get accolades and a fuckload of money.

Do the maths.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
GLT - Hawkeye and Goal Ref - and Additional Assistant Refs - all given approval by football's law-making body IFAB.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fans are there for the milking. They just don't like the idea that they're being cynically milked - so the club uses words like "loyalty" and "integrity". You're a dick if you think it really exists.

Tony Adams. Mr. Arsenal. Played for us from 17 until retirement. Famously quoted as saying he'd sign any Arsenal contract put in front of him without looking at it. And that's what he did.

They do exist. We've seen them, we've felt the influence they have. So when a player makes numerous similar claims, do you really blame certain fans for being frustrated at what they see as a deception?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Who the fuck does Noel Gallagher think he's kidding with this bullshit?

l_597965.jpg

Taller thank Kompany? OK, let's take a look at that shall we...

bj7k1d.jpg

Better.

gohan

FH is my second home
Giggs, Neville and Scholes for Utd, Gerrard and Carragher for Liverpool, Terry for Chelsea King for Spurs all recent one club players who could of gone elsewhere for more money, with the exception possibly of Terry as chelsea would have been able to match any offer.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lol! Don't like the actual facts so respond by accusing me of lacking integrity! :D

You're a fool if you think that is what football is about nowadays. Since the inception of the Premier League football has been about one thing - MONEY. Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney.

It's why Chelski won the league, why ManU have been up there for ages (and a billion pounds in debt) and why Liverpool haven't won the league. It's why City is attracting can buy an amazing team and why Barca and Madrid are winning. It's why smaller clubs are being bought up cheap by billionaires and investment companies because they understand that a global audience - with games played by "local" clubs in other countries (just like Richard Scudamore tried to arrange, but backed off when the fans didn't like it) - is going to make them a fuckload of money in the long run.

Van Persie can earn himself an extra 15 million quid or he can give it to Arsenal. Or he can go to City or Barca or Madrid or any of the other big-money teams and win stuff and get accolades and a fuckload of money.

Do the maths.

United's 'debt' has fuck all to do with United or football, it is all about leveraged borrowing. United has run at a profit year on year since before the Premier League started. You ruined a good post with that inaccuracy.

Everz

FH is my second home
Tony Adams. Mr. Arsenal. Played for us from 17 until retirement. Famously quoted as saying he'd sign any Arsenal contract put in front of him without looking at it. And that's what he did.

They do exist. We've seen them, we've felt the influence they have. So when a player makes numerous similar claims, do you really blame certain fans for being frustrated at what they see as a deception?

I give you a certain Steve Bull. Refused to leave Wolves no matter what calibre of club came for him. To think he turned the likes of Juventus down.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Most of these billionaire owners arnt in it to make money any more, they treat it more like a hobby... Just look at man city, there's no chance that project will ever make any money.

Which leaves the investors who are in it for the money no hope to be honest because they will never be able to make much money with out success, which they will never get as others are prepared to lose money for their hobby. Kinda flogging a dead horse IMO

And barca and Madrid must be the most debt ridden clubs in the world, they basically live off bank loans and the government.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They have spent more than UTD in the last 5 years, by some 55 million.

If you count the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo out of that...

...also - since 1993 - not the last 5 years (and I'd dispute those figures anyway). Either way - Liverpool haven't had a title-winning squad to maintain with world-class buys. We're not close to that end of the market - we're a top-6 side with a top-6 spend.

They do exist.

Yes. There are players who don't give a fuck about money. But they're hard to come by nowadays - a rarity and getting rarer.

Even Gerrard had his head turned by the cash...

Giggs, Neville and Scholes for Utd, Gerrard and Carragher for Liverpool, Terry for Chelsea King for Spurs all recent one club players who could of gone elsewhere for more money, with the exception possibly of Terry as chelsea would have been able to match any offer.

Giggs, Nevill and Scholes were already at a league-winning club and on fucking hewuge wages. We're talking about RVP leaving for a league-winning club and taking the money rather than rot at an Arsenal who won't spend the cash needed to win.

Gerrard almost left Liverpool for Chelski's money. Very very close. Carragher is one of the rare gems...

How many players out of the hundreds in the league do you think wouldn't say "fuck you - I'm taking the cash and I'm off to play in the champion's league at a potential league-winning side"...

Loyalty is a rare thing. Stop kidding yourself.

Last edited:

Litmus

Resident Freddy
To be fair i can't remember anyone prepared to pay huge amounts to secure carrigher

Embattle

FH is my second home
If you count the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo out of that...

...also - since 1993 - not the last 5 years (and I'd dispute those figures anyway). Either way - Liverpool haven't had a title-winning squad to maintain with world-class buys. We're not close to that end of the market - we're a top-6 side with a top-6 spend.

Which ever way you slice it LP have done worse for what they've spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom