Football The 2009/2010 Season Thread

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah why should he have to stick to his contract like the rest of the world?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There were options aoln, he breached his contract true, but the guy clearly had problems. So you dismissed him, he did not leave you. And after serving his ban he tried to get his life back on track. Now Chelski are basically destroying his life all over again.

You should have supported him and then sold him on after a couple of years, recouped some money. Let's face it, he's never going to be able to pay the £14million, he is in the twilight of his career, you are basically bankrupting him for life.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It's not the clubs job to prevent it's employees breaking the law and bringing the club into disrepute, if we kept him we'd just have a situation where people like you accuse the club of having cokeheads(see retarded post above)

You say he tried to restore his life, if that's true then why has he been caught and suspended a second time for taking illegal drugs? If the stupid prick doesnt even learn after all this then i have no sympathy for him.

I think the amount is too much since he didnt decide his transfer fee but he still owes the club for what he cost us by breaking his contract.

gohan

FH is my second home
tbh it's ridiculas, how would you feel if your employer (assuming u get a job after being a student bum xD) paid u like 1k a month but valued you at 1million as an assest, then fired you and said you owe them 1million?

it's absolustly retarded, should never have gone to court and definatly shouldn't have gone chelsea's way.

also who gives a shit, it's not like coke is a big deal anymore every fucker does it

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You say he tried to restore his life, if that's true then why has he been caught and suspended a second time for taking illegal drugs? If the stupid prick doesnt even learn after all this then i have no sympathy for him.

Oh wow, the banned substance and the circumstances surrounding it are a lot different from him taking recreational drugs while at chelsea. I've got no sympathy for chelsea, disgrace of a club.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah why should he have to stick to his contract like the rest of the world?

I have a contact with my work because of some expensive exams i took. There is 2 years left on it. If they sack me do you honestly think i should have to pay them back my 2 years wages?

And like i said fine him for the time he could not play but as soon as he was able to play again though it because Chel$ki's choice to not play him so they should not get money for it.

Marc

FH is my second home
I feel for the guy a bit. Hes going to be paying that cash back for the rest of his life.

Most expensive line EVER

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Funniest rumour ive heard today is that Riquelme is on his way to West Ham

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fuuuuuuu Ch3tan :p

Grim run in for us, Spuds, United and Everton away in 3 of our 4 last games :kissit:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not a bad opening for United.

Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham. 3 very winnable games if we have our heads on.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not too bad. Apart from Liverpool.

First 3
A Liverpool
H Blackpool
A Blackburn Rovers

Last 3
A Stoke City
H Aston Villa
A Fulham

Everz

FH is my second home
Saturday 18th December 2010
Saturday 7th May 2011

:D

The biggest days of the season mates!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I hope we sort out our December form for once next season, got some hard games then. Everton, Totteham, Man Utd, Arsenal and Bolton ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Im going to be slumming it this season, watching all the premiership big guns live, in the flesh. man United, Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton as my mate has a box at blackpool so its game on!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
There were options aoln, he breached his contract true, but the guy clearly had problems. So you dismissed him, he did not leave you. And after serving his ban he tried to get his life back on track. Now Chelski are basically destroying his life all over again.

You should have supported him and then sold him on after a couple of years, recouped some money. Let's face it, he's never going to be able to pay the £14million, he is in the twilight of his career, you are basically bankrupting him for life.

He was caught taking drugs again in Italy so it seem's he never learnt his lesson. I believe it was laxatives that contained a banned substance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8485548.stm

bbc said:
Romania international striker Adrian Mutu has tested positive for a banned substance, according to the Italian Olympic Committee.

A statement said traces of anti-obesity drug sibutramine were found in a sample after a Serie A match between his Fiorentina side and Bari on 10 January.

The 31-year-old tested positive for cocaine in 2004 while at Chelsea.

Mutu was banned for seven months by the Football Association, but he could face a four-year ban for a second offence.

Sibutramine is an appetite suppressant drug used for obese people, although it was recently banned in the UK amid fears over the increased risks of heart attacks and strokes.

Mutu has been in excellent form for the Florence-based club, scoring seven times this season - including a goal in the 2-1 win over Bari.

But away from the pitch a Swiss Federal Court is nearing a ruling on his appeal against the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which said he must pay Chelsea 17m Euros (£14.62m) for breach of contract.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I struggling to work out why an anti-obesity pill is banned if it doesn't effect performance.

I can understand why the cocaine thing came about (it being illegal and all) but who cares if he takes slimming pills?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Bahu, doping laws are a minefield, basically most on the shelf medicines you and I can buy, athletes can't. It's ridiculous.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I struggling to work out why an anti-obesity pill is banned if it doesn't effect performance.

I can understand why the cocaine thing came about (it being illegal and all) but who cares if he takes slimming pills?

It's a fair point, but we don't know what's in those pills so if it somehow provides him with more energy etc.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Warms the heart to see all the African nations getting knocked out early, less bloody horns! :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
yep, hopefully Ivory Coast knocks out them dirty fucking dago portugese though

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It doesn't really matter. The fuckwit got caught taking coke and was banned from playing, If I bought something and was told that, no sorry you can't use it for another x amount of years because its defective. I would want my money back. Chelsea have now got their money back. Job done.

You don't just break a contract and expect zero consequences, that's simply not the way the world works. He was a (supposed) professional who knew he would be drugs tested at some point yet still went out and got off his tits on coke. I have no sympathy at all for him. He could have afforded to play football for around 10 years at 50k a week, probably nearer 100k these days then done whatever the fuck he liked for the rest of his life but he decided to do whatever the fuck he likes now and has now paid the price.

Quite a good advert for young overpaid footballers, behave or get arse raped.

I am no fan of Chelsea at all (i hate just about everything they stand for) but they are right in this case, they invested in him and he let them down, money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom