Team Fortress 2

mank!

Part of the furniture
i just had a game on floodzone, very nice map - quite open as well which is good

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
lol I get like that when Mabs chains me :p he has a 2:1 ratio on me!!!! Tonight I shall rule!

you shall BURN!!11:flame:

;)

oh -
main TF2 menu, 3/4 way down , should be "Achievements"

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Cool. I hate some of the servers that have silly rules for the existing maps. Like defending one half only for it to change the map when you should be attacking next half. really pisses me off :p

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Heh mabs I had to laugh at the amount of pyros that appeared on dustbowl just now after your reign of doooom :worthy:

Mabs

just want to give the man the credit he deserves-Cogsy, a legend in his own lunchtime.

one of the best medics ive ever Pyro'd with. on Dustbowl this afternoon, going on invul rampages.

linky

and got me my personal best so far in TF2, cheers mate :D (before i was harshly auto-balanced onto the other team )

linky

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah I must say, pyros are now my favourite class to uber - get stuck right in and watch the mayhem :D Much more satisfying than a soldier or heavy! Some of the runs where we cleared the whole starting area on cp3 I was cracking up at the 'omg how did they get in' in chat :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I really enjoy the Pyro as well, however I have noticed a rise in people playing the class. This is by no means a bad thing, however I do appreciate their lack of ranged damage.
When there are a couple of Pyro's on the team I prefer to play a Medic and help them rain fire on everyone (in a way, i'd love someone to do this for me, but as it never happens i figure why not let someone enjoy that)!

Funniest moment was Me+Mabs invincible watching him almost wipe the whole team out hehe! Ended up with loads of achievements afterwards :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really enjoy the Pyro as well, however I have noticed a rise in people playing the class. This is by no means a bad thing, however I do appreciate their lack of ranged damage.
When there are a couple of Pyro's on the team I prefer to play a Medic and help them rain fire on everyone (in a way, i'd love someone to do this for me, but as it never happens i figure why not let someone enjoy that)!

Funniest moment was Me+Mabs invincible watching him almost wipe the whole team out hehe! Ended up with loads of achievements afterwards :)

It's also considered an achievment to be WTFPWNED by someone as bad as me!!! :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's also considered an achievment to be WTFPWNED by someone as bad as me!!! :D

Hahaha I followed you for about 5 rounds as the medic, the first time I was about to use an overcharge you had no ammo! The other times we stood in such silly places we ended up dying on 95%

Am thinking If we try it again we should build up the overcharge a little more before entering the enemy area's. Was so many occasions when I got to 95% and 2 rocket men shot us up the arse! Was so sore I *cry*

Mabs

a lot of people dont seem to know, so..

medic Ubercharge goes up faster healing damage than it does idling on someone. when you start , get a demoman or soldier to blow themselves up so its ready in time for the start. and if you are waiting for it to charge mid game, find an obliging person or most often a sentry turret, and strafe out in front of it and back in a few times, does wonders to the charge time ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
I quite enjoy the spy, but friendly fire being off all the time makes it a lot more difficult.

Mabs

I quite enjoy the spy, but friendly fire being off all the time makes it a lot more difficult.

it does make it harder, but its amazing how unsubtle most spies are. Try to behave like your on their team.
if you are running towards spawn - have a reason. engineers or medics do that to get ammo/new buddy, other classes dont, so you stick out.
and dont suddenly vere off when you see a pyro aswell, its a dead give away :)

only other thing to do is if decide to go for someone or an eng building, do it or go away and come back - dancing around trying to get an exact backstab, or standing by a turret waiting for an engineer to look away ara REALLY obvious aswell ;)

mank!

Part of the furniture
that sounds like a naughty exploit mabs, tut tut!

spy is wasted with FF being off, sadly they'd be obscenely good if you couldn't go round shooting anyone you suspect of being a spy...

Mabs

that sounds like a naughty exploit mabs, tut tut!

spy is wasted with FF being off, sadly they'd be obscenely good if you couldn't go round shooting anyone you suspect of being a spy...

nah its a "feature". its only a "bug" or "exploit" after they fix it ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
Think so, after the map change to mach_2 (which I didn't have) 10mins later I only saw 3 other people in the server with names I didn't recognize to the map before.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
bah.. cant wait until i get my new comp so i can play this freaking game :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Had some great games the past few days - been looking for the servers that cycle custom maps rather than the ones that just do 2fort over and over.

Spy is so much fun :)

Poag

m00?
Yeah I have added 4 custom maps to the server now.

ctf_turbine
cp_castle
ctf_stronghold
ctf_mach2

I have also removed tc_hydro as the server seems to empty when it comes on.

Poag

m00?
Added 6 extra maps

cp_floodzone2
cp_lazytown
cp_warpath
cp_crazedacre
ctf_floodzone
ctf_mine

also updated ctf-turbine to version 2.

They are not in the rotation yet. I'll run them up tonight when I am on server to give them a test run around :)

[edit] Yes I know they are alot of CP maps..there are relativly few ctf maps doing the rounds currently

Tilda

Poag, there was a map I played on a wireplay server, it was basically a kitchen.
The scale of it, was as if the TF2 people were toy soldiers.
Ie the sink was big, and there was a capture point in the fridge. Is there a way I can see what it was called? I'd love you to add it as it was so much fun!
Does TF2 have map vote options too as it would make it fun if you could change the rotation/map while playing.

Poag

m00?
Its called rats :)

I know it well, i believe there is a port of it knocking around, i'll add it now for you :)

Also I have just gottan sourecemod to work on the server [ner ner mabs....all your nay saying :p] so map vote should work now :)

Mabs

nice one, and pfft to your nerner-ing ! :D

just a thought, id be careful with map vote, can end up with a majority voting for something like 2-Forts for hours, and you end up with only one or 2 maps ever being on, can get really old really fast

:mad:

Poag

m00?
Yus rtv is currently disabled untill i play with its settings a little more to tight up its controls.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I've seen a server cycle to rats twice now and both times it emptied.

Tried ctf_blitz? It's a very simple map - a long thin centre area with some barriers and a small base at either end. I always find it surprisingly good fun

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
rulke give url in pm where the guy clears the snooker table in 4mins plz.. been looking for it :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
the server practically emptied when i joined tonight :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom