Team Fortress 2

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just a quick headsup, if you start Steam you can pre-purchase the orange box (a package of games not an orange box), which as hl2, ep1, ep2, portal, and tf2, for about £20-£25.

Best bit is, if you do it now, you can play the beta of TF2 from Monday :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Valve are a bunch of *****. They know full well people already have hl2 with the other crap. People are only buying that pack for tf2 and possibly ep2. I'm waiting til its available individually before spending money I dont have to.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is, if you want Ep2/TF2 and Portal it'll cost more to buy individually than getting the orange box.

Loads of people are really rather pissed off on the steam forums. To think, they could have avoided it so easily by just offering the orange box minus hl2 and ep1, for like 5-10 bucks cheaper.

Chilly

Balls of steel
they even have the cheek to post a link called "What if you already own HL2?" It says you can donate it to a friend. WELL FUCKING THANKS FOR THAT!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, total bollocks. As some have said - it's a cynical marketing ploy to get more people on to steam and buying games. It's just a kick in the teeth for the people who've been supporting steam and buying the games from the start.

Chilly

Balls of steel
They know full well a lot of people will buy a wasted copy of hl2 just for tf2, they are simply being ***** to their consumers by not offering tf2 as a single purchase straight off.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it'll be available to purchase the day before it's available (oct10). Sure, getting the orange pack lets you play the beta as of tomorrow but I don't have so much of a problem with that.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I only want ep 2 and portal, even that costs more than the bundle :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well tbfh its only £20-£25. Thats £8 for tf2, £8 for ep2, and £8 for portal.

Its hardly expensive is it? When I bought hl2 (over steam), I also got a shed load of other valve games. It wasn't really a problem.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Half-Life 2: Episode Two $29.95
Portal $19.95
Team Fortress 2 $29.95

Individual price $79.85
Package price $49.95

Would it have been better to have left HL2 and Ep 1 out of the package altogether?

I think £26-27 seems an OK price for the three, regardless of bundling stuff I've already got.

RB

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Valve are a bunch of *****. They know full well people already have hl2 with the other crap. People are only buying that pack for tf2 and possibly ep2. I'm waiting til its available individually before spending money I dont have to.
So?

If they removed the shit 99% of folks already have from the package and left the price the same how many sales would they lose? None Id bet.

Meanwhile you can give the bits you have already away (apparently?) and its free advertising. I fail to see the problem.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It really is very cheap for what they are offering, and its great for new customers. TBH, I'd have paid £25 for portal, ep2 and tfc2 the fact they are including hl2 and ep1 just makes me a bit annoyed i already purchased ep1. Great for people who do not have hl2 yet though.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I fail to see the problem with this bundle either. If buying them seperately is more expensive then why the fuss? They are giving them at a discount then...

Is it because people would prefer to get other stuff in the bundle instead? Perhaps its peoples greed getting the better of them rather than Steam being barstands....

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
its not greedy to not want 2 copies of HL2 considering I bought the silver package thingy. I have not even installed HL2 so I couldnt tell you what the game was about I dislike single player games, yet I am gonna have to buy it again in order to get tf2 with everyone else.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
It's annoying because I bought Episode 1. Next time they release a stand alone product like that I will think why bother, it will come part of the next bundle they release.

Episode 1 wasnt really worth the price that it came out at either. But yeah TF2, portal and Ep 2 in the bundle, its a good price so can't be too annoyed.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
its not greedy to not want 2 copies of HL2 considering I bought the silver package thingy. I have not even installed HL2 so I couldnt tell you what the game was about I dislike single player games, yet I am gonna have to buy it again in order to get tf2 with everyone else.

Except you can buy TF2 on its own for $29.95, $15 less than the package. If you want Portal as well then you save $5, and you'll get all the rest free, even if you don't want it.

RB

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Yes but you not really losing out on any money!

Put it this way you are buying Portal and TFT2 for less than buying them seperately...but you are getting a game you have already...I just dont see the problem...

You want them to give you something else? Or not bother bundeling it?

I don't have Ep1 or 2 so its a bargain for me!

Poag

m00?
The way i see it. I have bought TF2 Portal and EP2.

The rest are freebies thrown in for people who are new to steam/half life to get them a good game base. I will actually be giving my HL2 and HL2:Ep1 keys to a friend who doesn't have them yet. I have them already so they are freebies I can pass along :)

TBH i think its a damn good deal and i dont really know what you nay sayers are nay saying.

You want TF2 alone? buy it alone..its there and you can do so. You want TF2 and portal? get the Orange box and ignore the freebies...ITS NOT HARD...it seems people are actually complaining that they have to buy the box..which gives them more games..cheaper..than buying the two games separately...makes no sense.

Or is this a whinge because they made such a good deal for new players..and not one for the oldies? Well I still see it as a good deal because I got all three games I wanted for the cost of one [take Bioshock cost for example] new release...that to me and any sensible person is a good thing.

I swear people just whinge for the sake of whinging at times like this.

Anyway, this evening I will be happily enjoying TF2 beta..if anyone wants to join my ..my Steam Community id is Poag...stick me on friends :)

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Sell the other copy tbh.. or give it to a mate..

I never bought Ep1, so don't mind getting HL2 again.. and it means I either make a (very) lil bit of cash or get to feel nice at the same time :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think all the whiners should get a job, or go busking for the "OMFG £25" you'll have to pay.

Let's be honest, if they said "TF2+Portal" for £25 no one would bat an eyelid.

Poag

m00?
I think all the whiners should get a job, or go busking for the "OMFG £25" you'll have to pay.

Let's be honest, if they said "TF2+Portal" for £25 no one would bat an eyelid.

And Episode 2.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Dammit.

HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME FFS! I'M LOSING VALUABLE PLAYING TIME HERE

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Let's just hope Ep2 is longer that the pitiful 3.5hrs it took to finish Ep1.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
About twice as long IIRC, and the maps are much bigger so more stuff to explore.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
What time is TF2 beta being released? I'm all pre-loaded and want to get spying.

Poag

m00?
Not sure, i think they are waiting for the Linux binaries before doign so.

I currently have a server waiting to go, i'll post ip and port soon as its up :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
It's not so much the "ohnoes £25 forsooth" i'll end up spending for the two extras that I have already, it's the fact they cancelled the black box to force people into buying games they may already have just to give them away in the hopes that said recipients will then go on to buy more stuff from Steam.

Granted it'll likely have ended up being something like a fiver cheaper (I think the black box was to be priced at $10 less or somesuch), but it's still a fiver at the end of the day that i'd rather not spend on games I already own through purchasing previously from the same people.

Still, meh, i'm a mug and wanted Ep 2/Portal so ended up buying the orange box anyhow.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Why the hell didn't they specify a time it'd be released instead of just a day?

Ngh.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Well it's been released but doesn't appear that anyone can actually launch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom