Team Fortress 2

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Problem with custom maps is that as soon as someone joins and sees the dl map icon they more times than not leave the server. The last thing you want when gaming is to be sat for five minutes downloading maps every time it comes to a map change. Gonna be a lot of new people now the game is out properly, they just want to play and find there way around the normal maps.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Why did granary keep coming on too, its like the worst map :(

Poag

m00?
Why did granary keep coming on too, its like the worst map :(

Granary was the top of the mapcycle list, thus when it went froma custom map back to the mapcycle it started with granary :(

As for the map downloads. The server I have them hosted on now was pumping them out fairly quickly last night, even to the 512kb users in under a minute, the highspeed users were getting them in under 20 seconds each.

Also when we started mooching around last night, the server filled far quicker when the custom maps were on than when dustbowl was running, for example.

Once turbine came on it filled very quickly :eek:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Problem with custom maps is that as soon as someone joins and sees the dl map icon they more times than not leave the server. The last thing you want when gaming is to be sat for five minutes downloading maps every time it comes to a map change. Gonna be a lot of new people now the game is out properly, they just want to play and find there way around the normal maps.

I think most people are fed up of the same maps being played over and over again. Most of the maps included are quite good, but we need some variety at times!

As long as the downloads are fast then I don't think it matters too much.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
as i said yesterday - the regulars will get the maps, the great unwashed peons can put up or shut up :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
as i said yesterday - the regulars will get the maps, the great unwashed peons can put up or shut up :)

... which reminds me to have a moan about peons taking up slots on MY server!!!!! *rant rant rant*

:D

Calaen

Well I have been away for the weekend so no doubt Mabs has not been killed!!!!

I will be around tonight killing him freely :p

mank!

Part of the furniture
mine too! bloody proleteriat scum.

i had a cracking game on floodzone last night, racked up about 100 kills as sniper.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Well I have been away for the weekend so no doubt Mabs has not been killed!!!!

I will be around tonight killing him freely :p

I syringinated him several times! Alright so he toasted me about 12 times but still :(

What was that map that we were stuck on for ages because the reds couldn't cap our final point? That was pretty fun.

Mabs

I syringinated him several times! Alright so he toasted me about 12 times but still :(

What was that map that we were stuck on for ages because the reds couldn't cap our final point? That was pretty fun.

did anyone spot me getting really angry on voice comms ? :wub:

bunch of fucking eejits honestly, L2P etc. :D

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
That map was great fun!! Defnitely an engi-wrench-smacking-special if ever there was one :D

Mabs

That map was great fun!! Defnitely an engi-wrench-smacking-special if ever there was one :D

its got a sploitable bit at first flag - when you had turrets up near the spawn wall thing, enemies cant get up there to sap em, and we couldnt get up to kill you after we won either, which sucks
:mad:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
its got a sploitable bit at first flag - when you had turrets up near the spawn wall thing, enemies cant get up there to sap em, and we couldnt get up to kill you after we won either, which sucks
:mad:

That's a feature to help address the known class imbalance between spies and whatever class I am playing :D

Mabs

That's a feature to help address the known class imbalance between spies and whatever class I am playing :D

you should try different classes tho mate, maybe soldier or engineer, instead of cannon fodder:(

:D

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
:kissit::kissit::kissit:

Poag

m00?
With all the maps on the server now, and peeps with slow connections ;)

I've put together a pack of all the maps currently on the server.

Download it Here! Weighs in at 110mb

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Played for quite a bit on the server last night, had great fun. :england:

mank!

Part of the furniture
poag you're a legend.

i was playing last night and the server had been invaded by irishmen, it was a right laugh

Bodzilla

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, that was good fun. Worried about Jupitus' suicidal tendencies tho :(

Adari

Part of the furniture
I'll play some with u guys soon (hi jupitus), got the game fairly recently, loving demoman but wishing i had a shotgun. =P

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll play some with u guys soon (hi jupitus), got the game fairly recently, loving demoman but wishing i had a shotgun. =P

Uh oh, look out, it's BROKEN BOY!!!!! :clap::D

Calaen

FH server seems to have died a death, I have mostly been playing on Mab's clan server.

Still loving the game, Mank owned me though and I feel dirty!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom