Take that albs!

Gwenne

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
basicly it´s whining in alliance chat to force few more out.
we regulary ban people from guilds that dont help.
we use pryd.net to flame and humiliate people that dont help.
we have a proffesionall hax0rer that steals their login and sells all their stuff to merchants and destroys their artifacts.

And then last of all we send hitmen to beat them up IRL and tie them to their PC forcing them to RvR and drink oil. :drink:

If that doesn't work, Gwennethe cries at them until they give in and die for Hibernia. <grins>

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
If you get 2shotted by sorcs you really should concider changing template or rerolling -.-

not imposible.with debuff is easy

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Luz said:
basicly it´s whining in alliance chat to force few more out.
we regulary ban people from guilds that dont help.
we use pryd.net to flame and humiliate people that dont help.
we have a proffesionall hax0rer that steals their login and sells all their stuff to merchants and destroys their artifacts.

And then last of all we send hitmen to beat them up IRL and tie them to their PC forcing them to RvR and drink oil. :drink:

Could I have the hax0rer's email? ;)

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Steveh said:

well even I can 2shot casters if they dont have body resist, str/con debuff +2 dd most of times enough in the hib-mid zerg ^^

Conjurus

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
If you get 2shotted by sorcs you really should concider changing template or rerolling -.-

Why dont you reroll mid or hib and see for yourself, bloody moron

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
what the hell is this thread about?

hibs took a keep, a relic or WTF?

Gwenne

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
what the hell is this thread about?

hibs took a keep, a relic or WTF?

Big fight in hib frontier last night and hib eventually fought off the albs and won the sand castle competition.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Animist is OP, and as you cant ninja keeps anymore, there will be shrooms, and you will need to take the relics at some odd point where there are no animsts online (i.e. 10am x-mas eve)... Nothing to do about it though, it's not like Mythic gonna take em away from the game...

What i don't see though, is why ppl bother to whine about sorcs and animists etc, there's so many new things now that are sooo much more OP... reaver with ML8 BL ability+the DoT bomb thing....
Fiddolix with his uber aoe storm ! As cleric you get interupted all the time, only way to stop it is to insta... And that's him solo! In a grp, he would keep a whole zerge interupted and on low hps constantly, while the rest of his grp pwn everything... Would of been nice to see a movie of something like that :touch:
All who can should get the DoT storm tohugh, it's just way to OP :)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Luz said:

Can someone untie me now please - I need the loo :eek7:

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
loads oh hibs log off to do irl issues tbh :) i only was with my menta in dc4 :)

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Logged after first time when albzerg runned over small hib force,gotta raise hat to some hibbies who have patience to stay and kick albs nuts nomatter what happens:)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
fungus said:
pointless post, albs will get all 6 relics , just a matter of time ....

yes xmas break is coming soon when all de elf's have to go help santa and some hibs have to go away (dunno wtf firbies will do)... but yep xmas break coming, wouldnt be at all surprised to return from xmas break to find albs having all 6 relics.... but thats albs tbh

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
It was a good fight. Hibs fought damn hard to keep their castle. A few opportunistic Mids lurking to pick off members of the zerg but no real interference.

Hunters. Here's a tip for you. I know it says Avalonian above my head but I'm wearing plate and carrying a shield. That means I'm a Paladin. It also means you'll be damn lucky to hit me more than once with a bow. It was funny, I was operating a catapult and I had Belxavier taking pot shots at me from behind and a ranger (who's name I don't remember but I think it was something like Neffit) shooting me from the battlements. One would hit me, I'd /face and block the rest of their shots till they got bored, then the other would start and I'd rinse and repeat....

About the whole animists are overpowered thing. We were pressing the keep pretty hard and would have been inside in a couple of moments until the shroom field went up and instakilled the zerg. Maybe you'd have killed us inside the keep with the rest of the force, maybe not. The wipe that forced the end of the keep take however was 100% animist spam. Not blaming individual animists for being sick as it's clearly stupid but comparing a Sorc and an Animist in a keep situation is ridiculous.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Comparing a sorc that two-shots 1 individual, to an animist that can wipe entire groups with bugged pets... Sorry but I don't think there's a comparison... Do you? :p

got to be a fkin shitty group to get wiped by 15 pets that wont all assist on one target :eek:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Comparing a sorc that two-shots 1 individual, to an animist that can wipe entire groups with bugged pets... Sorry but I don't think there's a comparison... Do you? :p
Reaver Bombs ... <yawn>

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
also take into the equation that defending keeps are the ONLY thing we can do :(

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
About the whole animists are overpowered thing. We were pressing the keep pretty hard and would have been inside in a couple of moments until the shroom field went up and instakilled the zerg. Maybe you'd have killed us inside the keep with the rest of the force, maybe not. The wipe that forced the end of the keep take however was 100% animist spam. Not blaming individual animists for being sick as it's clearly stupid but comparing a Sorc and an Animist in a keep situation is ridiculous.

I'm not denying that shrooms are powerful in keeps but I really object to people saying we're overpowered.

Consider - the battle last night was about 8 hours long. In that time, how often was the Alb force wiped (was it even more than once)? During that same period the Hibs were wiped MANY times. We were wiped 7 times before I logged at 1am.

If animists were really overpowered, I think we would not have had to claw so hard and release so many times just to stay in the fight.

Animists are SITUATIONAL. A lot of factors have to come together before our shrooms can tell heavily on an enemy force. Last night pretty much proved that, since it took 8 hours before a set of circumstances arose enabling shrooms to turn the battle. All other circumstances during that whole night, other things decided the fights. Most often a combination of Alb numbers and the reaver bomb.

Yes there ARE situations where enough animists can be lethal. Yes those situations are key ones for defense. But that does not make the class overpowered. It just makes us polarised by circumstance.

Not that I'm saying the class does not need to be looked at. I would much prefer us to be strengthened in some areas and shroom impact to be lessened, allowing me more breadth of enjoyment from the game.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
also take into the equation that defending keeps are the ONLY thing we can do :(
Yeah I know. I tried playing an animist and I sucked at it. There's a lot of things wrong with the class and in a lot of areas they need boosting not nerfing. However in the context of sieges, shrooms (not animists) need nerfing and animists need to have the utility of other caster classes or at least have pathing and utility for bombers fixed.

When I was operating the catapult close to the central keep, a kamikaze animist leapt out at ground level from round the corner and started spamming bombers at me. Was a few seconds before I even noticed to be honest. However when the shroom field went up I and the people around me were dead without being able to do anything about it.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Steveh said:
Gimp you need debuff? You got spec nuke, start do some capping without :touch:
Did 2 shot a buffed caster for 627+300 + 627 +250. And then alot of casters with 1100-1400 hp. And no, no debuffing for me yesterday, but i still cap on 10% of the hibs it seems....

Maybe defending a keep is the only thing you can do, but we play nf, keeps = where all the battle is and keeps = relics, if you can prehend or even get all 6 relics you cant really say its bad.

And evrybody with decent body ressist (26 atleast) should not get 2 shooted, i only do 530 on ppl with 26 ressist. 2 shooted = gimp = make new temp with more life and ressist.

and qq about the animist, freaking bugged shrooms not only imposible to target/nuke but also nuking trough evry wall they like. And yeah, just "mess em". If i go out, cast 1 mess and they just start nuking me, maybe only 10 left, but they dont care if you run, they nuke with no LoS

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Boggy said:
There were 3 Animists in the BG at 1am. They were me, Madwyth and Raven (a level 32). I know this for certain because I was coordinating the animist efforts. I logged at 1am.

This remark is untrue and unfair. I assume it is motivated by pettiness or meanness of spirit. Animists have no way of knowing where shrooms will suffer this geometry bug.

You MUST blame Mythic for this, not us. We simply cannot do anything about it. In an keep siege all we do is set our GTs somewhere facing the enemy to hold them back. It's actually quite limited as to where we can set them (since they have to go through a window we or crenallation we have LoS on) and when getting low frames per second it's even harder to be precise. If the GT we end up with is makes the shrooms unattackable, we don't even KNOW that. How could we? You're the ones getting the telltale message not us.

Its when they GT cast them inside the crafting tables. If you try to click on them you just target the Table if you get into f8 range they kill you in 2 secs...

Where the table is (Depending on the keep ofc) can shut off a large part of the inside courtyard allowing hibs to pop out and take pot shots at any attackers with out haveing to worry about battered by RP hungry tanks.

Anyone who has done any kind of crafting knows how hard it is to target items dropped close to Alc Table/Forge and it has been whined about on the VN Boards. So who ever is doing this knows what effect it has. The fact is either the tables should be removed from keeps of moved to the rear of the keep solveing the problem.

Im sure you don't know every bugged spot in every keep but im sure you agree that it is lame and annoying for Albs/Mids to abuse the Table of Doom ;< .. though probably not illegial ..

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Gwenne said:
Big fight in hib frontier last night and hib eventually fought off the albs and won the sand castle competition.

haha :worthy:

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Why do all these threads end up in an Animist whine? no disrepect to my animist realmies (who play i class ive tried several times & cant stand) but if you look at somwhere like duskwave it will show they are about as super duper as an armsman or necro in NF.

And about the placing shrooms where you cant target them, anyone ever see a necro or BD put his pets where you cant see them ?

Also, for everyone who bitches about them, why dont you go roll one on Excal (if you can) & try them out, these guys deserve free subs for playing an Animist as a main.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Garok said:
Where the table is (Depending on the keep ofc) can shut off a large part of the inside courtyard allowing hibs to pop out and take pot shots at any attackers with out haveing to worry about battered by RP hungry tanks.

Never faced shrooms in battle <wipes brow thankfully> and I am sure it is not fun.

However given all the comments about how they lock on and hit and hit and hit until the target is dead I wonder how the albs at DC4 one time we attacked managed to pop out of the postern (which was shroomed) cast some serious pbae and then dash back in. Imo we lost that particular battle simply because of that.

If you guys were risking death outside in the hope you would get back in before the shroom killed you (and therefore could be rezzed inside) then it was a brave and damn fine tactic.

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
I only placed shrooms where they could attack and be attacked (thats the easiest way most of the time), which you seemed to do very well. Think i reached the 15 shroom cap once in an hour. Rest of the time i kept casting or resting for power, because of you killing them. Its not even worth it trying to place shrooms at places where they dont follow the los-code, since those places are very hard to find and more often that not leads to shrooms being summoned in stupid places where they are of no use whatsoever, resulting in costing lots of power and too much precious time. Not sure if anyone did shroom in the sc-table inside (if there were any inside crim), i didnt do for sure. But if one was to do that, they would all be in 1 clump, thats easily killed in 1 or 2 ae-nukes/dots. If you can target one of the shrooms that is. Animists are still effective at keepdefenses. But its a class that requires quite alot. Good equip, buffs, time to shroom up, fop, and most of all, they need to be left alone while doing the gardening (which rarely ever happends in keepfights. You arent safe anywhere when shrooming really). But given that, they do quite a big diff in a defense.

Oh, and i got nuked for 371 damage, each nuke on what seemed to be capped castingspeed by a sorc yday, when running with 45% body resist. If theres anything that should be removed from the game, its sorcs. And those ***** wizies that kills me in 2 red seconds.

/Farhach - level 50 keep-gardener

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I've never deliberately put my shrooms into a crafting table. In fact I have never KNOWINGLY put my shrooms anywhere untargetable.

You have to remember that with most shrooming, you need LoS on the groundlevel GT and if you tried to put it under a ram for example, you would be given the message "You cannot see your target from here" and not be able to put them there.

It is only with snap shrooming that the shrooms might be placed somewhere like that and in snap shrooming the GAME chooses where the shrooms actually snap to. It's not always directly on the animist's groundlevel GT because of the way the game calculates snap point. If shrooms are snapping to somewhere like a crafting station, not only is it very unlikely the animist will have put them there deliberately, it is unlikely the animist is even aware that they are appearing there.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Leleith said:
Oh, and i got nuked for 371 damage, each nuke on what seemed to be capped castingspeed by a sorc yday, when running with 45% body resist. If theres anything that should be removed from the game, its sorcs. And those ***** wizies that kills me in 2 red seconds.

Think that goes for all pure caster's ;>

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Think that goes for all pure caster's ;>

Then i want my animists lifetap to do that as well on a target with that high resist energy resist :(

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
This coming from a hib... i'm sorry but.... AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!111111 ;-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ahh, another thread blessed by Septinas ineffable wisdom. Thanks for the useful input as always.

Anyway...

Ezeine said:
Old.

PS: Remove animists from the game.

So complaining about Reavers who have had this ability for ~1 Month is 'old', but it's ok to complain about animists who have been here ~1 Year. Nice one.

Shrooms do not insta-wipe a zerg. It's pretty simple. The 1st three Hib tower defences all ended in Reaver bombs, where the zerg died in about 5 seconds. Nothing much you can do to stop it at a lord room, bar firing insta-heals if they are up. But sure, thats ok right? Insta killing a zerg is cool, just don't let us get killed one by one with shrooms mates!!

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Shrooms are a pain but not something i would consider a huge problem unless theres 100s of them. I find them irritating more than anything due to the almost constant interupts that can occur and for an attacking force to enter a keep and suddenly be hit by things is very off putting. The fact u cant seem to get away from them and the dodgy LoS for killing them just adds to the frustration.

My only major problem is the insta kill situation that sometimes occurs, unsure why it happens but sometimes u suddenly get the whole lot hitting u at once. Guess its cos your the only one in sight but still, its difficult to do anything to save yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom