Take that albs!

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Owned by inferior numbers:-P
In the end, the persistant hibs prevailed.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't you mean the field of shrooms prevailed? And don't even try something like *There was only one animist that didnt use many shrooms* crap. Everyone saw it. Yer tooshies were ours until the spam started :p And no I aint QQing about shrooms etc. but tons of people were annoyed about not even being able to hit them, even while standing on them. Gotta love someone who knows just the right spot to place a pet so it's bugged :touch:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, a call for animists went out. They aren't the only overpowered classes though. Got two shotted by sorcs at least three times, we didn't have warden resists though. Many wanted to give up earlier on, can tell you that much. But you are dealing with some very persistant hibs here, can't say I'm really one of them, but I stuck it out for them. Nice try:)
Oh, and you must have hated it when your first attempt on dc tower got blunted by a nightshade with siegewrecker. Boom 10k damage to both rams:-P

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
B.t.w as I'm writing this, 30 non anon hibs online.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Comparing a sorc that two-shots 1 individual, to an animist that can wipe entire groups with bugged pets... Sorry but I don't think there's a comparison... Do you? :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Sorc can mez and take them down one by one. Oh wait, so can a light eld, but I got stun too. Yes, we all know animists are overpowered. Played against them a fair bit.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Have fun fixing the wall. It's how I like to spend the early hours of the morning:)

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, animists wouldn't be such a problem if some of them didn't insist on placing shrooms where they know they can't be targetted, usually the beginning of a wipe alb side.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
It was all going fine for albs until Stalky and the other reavers went to bed. I guess without being able to insta-kill the zerg, it was all too much.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
civy said:
Have fun fixing the wall. It's how I like to spend the early hours of the morning:)

Somewhat of a sad comment after such a hard night of RvR.

Trouble is all it does is lead to counter strikes - a grp of hibbies could quite easily just go and wreck a few alb keeps and towers just so you have to go fix the walls. Not sure we really want to get into that sort of 'tit for tat' trade which is unhelpful to both sides.

As for the animists - you make it sound like we had a lot but we did not. In the Crim keep defense I would be surprised if we had more than three (cannot prove it as I have no screenies etc but as the co-BG leader we were looking for them in case you broke through and onto Lord).

Cannot speak for the placement issue (and LoS), there has been several threads and comments on it here in FH and I do know one of our ani's actually contacted the ani TL about it to see if there was a fix. So I am not sure it is a deliberate placement by them (but I do not play an ani) but just a general issue - not that this helps you any.

Still it was a good effort by you - I was kind of sad to see a middie grp farming around the alb/hib fights but as time went by it looked as though they started having fun in the alb backyard so maybe some 3 way action is on the cards.

Gwenne

Fledgling Freddie
I believe there were three animists in the battlegroup until at the latest 1 am. After that, I checked how many animists I had in the BG when we reached Crim to defend and there was one.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
It was all going fine for albs until Stalky and the other reavers went to bed. I guess without being able to insta-kill the zerg, it was all too much.

This coming from a hib... i'm sorry but.... AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!111111 ;-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Ethild said:

Old.

PS: Remove animists from the game.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
There were 3 Animists in the BG at 1am. They were me, Madwyth and Raven (a level 32). I know this for certain because I was coordinating the animist efforts. I logged at 1am.

Equendil said:
Tbh, animists wouldn't be such a problem if some of them didn't insist on placing shrooms where they know they can't be targetted, usually the beginning of a wipe alb side.

This remark is untrue and unfair. I assume it is motivated by pettiness or meanness of spirit. Animists have no way of knowing where shrooms will suffer this geometry bug.

You MUST blame Mythic for this, not us. We simply cannot do anything about it. In an keep siege all we do is set our GTs somewhere facing the enemy to hold them back. It's actually quite limited as to where we can set them (since they have to go through a window we or crenallation we have LoS on) and when getting low frames per second it's even harder to be precise. If the GT we end up with is makes the shrooms unattackable, we don't even KNOW that. How could we? You're the ones getting the telltale message not us.

Ethild said:

Yup. Every time we were pushed off a location while I was there it was spear-headed with stacked TWF and that Soul Quench pbaoe lifetap thing they get at RR5.

Very frustrating.

Darklis

One of Freddy's beloved
Leel said:

Actually as the Alb BG leader for the night... the need for sleep prevailed, no matter what you may suppose.

Some of us need to work and stuff, presume all you like and gloat about "ownage" all you like if it really makes you feel better.

With regards the shroom issue... They seem to be getting placed in walls, highly irritating to have them so untargetable,sigh.

From my point of view :-

Was a fun night of RvR, some amazing battles in and around crauchon a lot of fun had by all. Thanks for making it fun.

D xx

Conjurus

Fledgling Freddie
There is a funny resemblance between the Reaver class in daoc and suicidal bombers; although I do believe that reavers don’t yell "Jihad" instead it might be "For Arthur" etc.
Was just a matter of time before one of these abilities came, but to be honest I thought it would be armsman who would be the suicidal bombers so they could get useful for once...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
Yeah, a call for animists went out. They aren't the only overpowered classes though. Got two shotted by sorcs at least three times, we didn't have warden resists though. Many wanted to give up earlier on, can tell you that much. But you are dealing with some very persistant hibs here, can't say I'm really one of them, but I stuck it out for them. Nice try:)
Oh, and you must have hated it when your first attempt on dc tower got blunted by a nightshade with siegewrecker. Boom 10k damage to both rams:-P
If you get 2shotted by sorcs you really should concider changing template or rerolling -.-

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
As mentioned above, there´s little choice in choosing GT for shrooms when laggy as hell and most of all to find a good spot that gets you LOS and minimal chance to get hit...

AND if you are standing ON them and cant hit, bring a PBAOE ????

AND several times I´ve been standing next to NPC guards at keep attacks and could not attack because of "geometry bug"? or some LOS bug.

Did you put them guards on thoose spots intentional? :(

IT`S MYTHICS GAME ALL THEIR FAULT :(

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:

pointless post, albs will get all 6 relics , just a matter of time ....

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
As mentioned above, there´s little choice in choosing GT for shrooms when laggy as hell and most of all to find a good spot that gets you LOS and minimal chance to get hit...
I can believe when it happens randomly ... when, like last weekend, it happens for hours with 100% of the shroom fields bugged, heh ... it's harder to believe. We saw animists using the same spots to stack their shrooms - except, of course, when they are attackable, those spots were always used just once.

Really, if this happens by chance come to Mid and /random on my raid items, please.

Luz said:
AND if you are standing ON them and cant hit, bring a PBAOE ????
You can't hit them even with pbaoe.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Bit worried that manpower will tell in the end. Last night our BG was literally almost every level 50 online from quite early in the defense. It's been that way for the last few days.

Albs have the population to sustain this. They can go offline or go PvE every now and then. But we're having to throw every Hib into realm defense every night and it's starting to show. We're getting less people online.

Would be a shame if all our hard work was eventually for nought just because the game's not set up to have decent population balance across the realms.

BTW, I would not know how to set a shroom in a wall if I wanted to, and I think there are a maximum of 2 people on the server who know more about setting GTs than me.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
I can believe when it happens randomly ... when, like last weekend, it happens for hours with 100% of the shroom fields bugged, heh ... it's harder to believe. We saw animists using the same spots to stack their shrooms - except, of course, when they are attackable, those spots were always used just once.

Really, if this happens by chance come to Mid and /random on my raid items, please.

You can't hit them even with pbaoe.

That does sound strange, tho for me it´s generally :
1. GT assist other animists if there´s any available (we use this often)
2. Find a spot myself where I dont get killed - set a GT and empty my power.
3. If I notice that my shrooms die in 10 seconds from enemy fire I relocate
4. If I notice my shrooms hit alot of people but they dont seem to get killed I stay.

Now at 4, there´s NO way for me to KNOW if it´s because I put them behind you (like when enemy hugging wall) and you didnt notice them right away. OR if it´s a bug and you cant kill them. Yes I can assume the worst all the time and not use a good GT because it might be a bug, and set my shrooms up for 10 second death. And then wait 3 mins everytime for mcl.. doing nothing.. sitting.. waiting.. (because that makes me feel happy and helpful)...

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Boggy said:
Bit worried that manpower will tell in the end. Last night our BG was literally almost every level 50 online from quite early in the defense. It's been that way for the last few days.

Albs have the population to sustain this. They can go offline or go PvE every now and then. But we're having to throw every Hib into realm defense every night and it's starting to show. We're getting less people online.

Geez. What do you guys do over there? Crack whips on every hib you see to come out to RvR and defend? :) *Maybe albs could use something like that ;)

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Geez. What do you guys do over there? Crack whips on every hib you see to come out to RvR and defend? :) *Maybe albs could use something like that ;)

basicly it´s whining in alliance chat to force few more out.
we regulary ban people from guilds that dont help.
we use pryd.net to flame and humiliate people that dont help.
we have a proffesionall hax0rer that steals their login and sells all their stuff to merchants and destroys their artifacts.

And then last of all we send hitmen to beat them up IRL and tie them to their PC forcing them to RvR and drink oil. :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom