Take that albs!

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, that is unfortunate for you when you run into a stack's radius unknowlingly, but then again, the animist had to spend a lot of time preparing and maintaining that stack of shrooms.

I'm not sure there is anything a caster can do to prevent being insta-killed if there are enough shrooms there (would guess all 15 would be needed on people with decent kit) and he's the only target.

When people talk about not being able to do anything when a shroom field "appears", like cretien did earlier, I am very sceptical though. Each shroom takes 3 secs to cast (and that assumes all anis are in decent kit, the base cast is 5 secs) and does 100 damage every 3 seconds to 1 target.

Now ... say you've got a force of 30 Albs, they've got a 1 in 30 chance of being hit for every shroom. It would take 3 animists 30 seconds just to get to the point where everyone is taking 100 damage once every 3 seconds. If there was an unsually large number of animists in the Hib force (assuming 30 defenders) ... say 6 animists (which would be 1 in 5 defenders as animists and I've never seen anything even approaching that before) ... it would still take 15 secs to put enough shrooms out to average an interrupt on everyone once every 3 secs. Some unlucky people who got randomly targetted by more than one shroom would take more damage, but I can't see how it is gonna make holes in your force more quickly than you can move away from the shrooms and either nuke them down or get some intteupts on the ani so the shrooms expire on their own.

The real situation is that shrooms kill people because there are OTHER defenders as well making OTHER areas no go areas. This creates little killing grounds in which the shrooms can find a relatively small number of targets and hence have a large impact on those targets. But even then the people don't have to just stand there and take it.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Ethild said:
Ahh, another thread blessed by Septinas ineffable wisdom. Thanks for the useful input as always.

Anyway...

So complaining about Reavers who have had this ability for ~1 Month is 'old', but it's ok to complain about animists who have been here ~1 Year. Nice one.

Shrooms do not insta-wipe a zerg. It's pretty simple. The 1st three Hib tower defences all ended in Reaver bombs, where the zerg died in about 5 seconds. Nothing much you can do to stop it at a lord room, bar firing insta-heals if they are up. But sure, thats ok right? Insta killing a zerg is cool, just don't let us get killed one by one with shrooms mates!!

Are you being daft on purpose? How many times do people have to say in this thread that the problem is that the shrooms are being placed where you can't hit them, so you understand? When the reaver is inc to bomb ya, does he suddenly become bugged and always out of range when you try to hit him/her? I think not. The issue here is the LoS bug.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
When people talk about not being able to do anything when a shroom field "appears", like cretien did earlier, I am very sceptical though. Each shroom takes 3 secs to cast (and that assumes all anis are in decent kit, the base cast is 5 secs) and does 100 damage every 3 seconds to 1 target.

Now ... say you've got a force of 30 Albs, they've got a 1 in 30 chance of being hit for every shroom. It would take 3 animists 30 seconds just to get to the point where everyone is taking 100 damage once every 3 seconds. If there was an unsually large number of animists in the Hib force (assuming 30 defenders) ... say 6 animists (which would be 1 in 5 defenders as animists and I've never seen anything even approaching that before) ... it would still take 15 secs to put enough shrooms out to average an interrupt on everyone once every 3 secs. Some unlucky people who got randomly targetted by more than one shroom would take more damage, but I can't see how it is gonna make holes in your force more quickly than you can move away from the shrooms and either nuke them down or get some intteupts on the ani so the shrooms expire on their own.

Hmm we'll I'd just been rezzed so it's possible that some shrooms were there already and just hadn't been rendered by my graphics card yet. From my point of view though, I was rezzed to the wall of the central tower, started taking damage immediately I was done transitioning and hit the floor again before the combination of FPS lag and 5am reflexes let me get out the way. By the time I could pan my camera to see what was going on, there was a respectable field of shrooms all over the courtyard. I had been killed by a nuker and as far as I could see there were no shrooms in the general area before I was rezzed. Soon (within 5-8 seconds) after I died, the clerics and the rest of the power users clustered around the FoPs died to the shrooms as well. At that point most of us came to the realisation that it was too early in the morning to carry on. Most of us had to get up for work the next day so we called it a night there. Zerg wiped by shrooms. Having said that, it was the Hib's strong defending and tenacity that saved the keep, the shrooms just made the decision for us.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I got 23% body resist and we didn't have warden. Don't have a toa template yet. Actually swapped in an ebon hide bracer for more body resist yesterday. Got nuked for 650'ish before I did the swap:-P

Oh, and albs weren't the only ones that had to go to bed for work etc, so not really a valid comment, both sides lost a lot of people. Let's say it was 40% hibs and 60% albs, and it continued to be like that as people logged. It's still the same percentages, but less people, meaning npc guards will have a bigger impact, they are not affected by work after all:-P

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Are you being daft on purpose? How many times do people have to say in this thread that the problem is that the shrooms are being placed where you can't hit them, so you understand? When the reaver is inc to bomb ya, does he suddenly become bugged and always out of range when you try to hit him/her? I think not. The issue here is the LoS bug.

I can assure you my sole purpose is not to deliberatly act daft, my postings generally have a point (Uness they are aimed at my bestest buddy Septina :fluffle: )...

No a Reaver doesn't become out of LoS, but on a bomb, what has LoS got to do with anything? The bomb is instant (bar the TWF 2 sec uninteruptable cast), doesn't matter if you can see the Reaver or not, its too late.

I'm well aware that it's not a bug, but it shares the same frustration. With shrooms which you can't target, you will probably get hit (and perhaps die) and have very little opportunity to do anything about it, thats why there are so many complaints about it. With a Reaver bomb, the result is the same. You (normally) die, very little you can do about it, only it happens on a much much much larger scale.

But as you so aptly pointed out, thats being daft right? It's not a problem if you insta-wipe a defence zerg, but being killed off one at a time is awful!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
I can assure you my sole purpose is not to deliberatly act daft, my postings generally have a point (Uness they are aimed at my bestest buddy Septina :fluffle: )...

No a Reaver doesn't become out of LoS, but on a bomb, what has LoS got to do with anything? The bomb is instant (bar the TWF 2 sec uninteruptable cast), doesn't matter if you can see the Reaver or not, its too late.

I'm well aware that it's not a bug, but it shares the same frustration. With shrooms which you can't target, you will probably get hit (and perhaps die) and have very little opportunity to do anything about it, thats why there are so many complaints about it. With a Reaver bomb, the result is the same. You (normally) die, very little you can do about it, only it happens on a much much much larger scale.

But as you so aptly pointed out, thats being daft right? It's not a problem if you insta-wipe a defence zerg, but being killed off one at a time is awful!

Thing is reavers can be stopped, shrooms cant. Reavers running at you. Well for a hib the process is simple

1) aoe mezz. Can insta if you must.
2) caster stuns them, or tank slams them out of mezz.
3) kill reaver from range.

then you look at shrooms that you cant get LoS on

1) try mezz .. you cant see target. Possibly die if they dropped on you
2) try nuke.. you cant see target. possibly die if they dropped on you#
3) try pbaoe .. you cant see target. most likely die.

Yes reavers got abilities that overpowered atm but that not a bug that has a big affect on a fight. It just abilities being used to their max. It sucks to be on the end of it though im sure. however it can also be counteracted. mezz/stun, hit them so they cant do some ml abilities.

Shrooms with no LoS to them is a bug that makes shrroms totally overpowered in situations as you cant counter it no matter what. It annoying because it something that shouldnt be happening. Basically it accounts to the old necro bug abuse of putting pet in a wall and nuking from there. You got nothing that can counteract it.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
Ahh, another thread blessed by Septinas ineffable wisdom. Thanks for the useful input as always.

This coming from the guy that's playing the realm with animists (which are perfectly ok ofc since you have em) but when albs get something overpowered its 'omg nerf ffs wtf this is so unfair'

Yes! Reaverbombs are stupid and seriously need a nerf but whining on them while animists are just as stupid in tower/keep takes makes you look like a bit of a hypocrit, no? :p

protvanglad

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Owned by inferior numbers:-P
In the end, the persistant hibs prevailed.

And I've always thought that hippies were nice guys, you know, hanging from trees and all and that middies were the arrogant ones. Guess I was wrong - someone get Tarzan please

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Yes reavers got abilities that overpowered atm but that not a bug that has a big affect on a fight. It just abilities being used to their max. It sucks to be on the end of it though im sure. however it can also be counteracted. mezz/stun, hit them so they cant do some ml abilities.

Reaver Bombs don't have a big effect on fights? What planet you live on, think I want to come play your version of DAoC tbh :D

I will conceed it's not a bug and it is techinically possible to stop, if not practically possible in a lot of situations. But it is certainly the most overpowered thing in the game right now *that isn't a bug*, which is why it gets (slightly?) nerfed next patch. I really can't see why Mythic didn't do it in one of the many 1.70 pathces, but nm :eek:

We all know Animists are powerful in Siege defense, BUT the main trouble atm seems to be the untargetable pets, which is a Bug (hence being confident in my previous Reaver statement... ). I don't remember seeing anything about this bug in the US version, so I guess this is a GoA bug. Which cannot be fixed til next patch :-(

Looks to me like Mids are the ones that come off worst, as they don't have an Overpowered ability at the moment... for the first time ever in the history of the game? ;)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ovi1 said:
Reaver Bombs don't have a big effect on fights? What planet you live on, think I want to come play your version of DAoC tbh :D

I will conceed it's not a bug and it is techinically possible to stop, if not practically possible in a lot of situations. But it is certainly the most overpowered thing in the game right now *that isn't a bug*, which is why it gets (slightly?) nerfed next patch. I really can't see why Mythic didn't do it in one of the many 1.70 pathces, but nm :eek:

We all know Animists are powerful in Siege defense, BUT the main trouble atm seems to be the untargetable pets, which is a Bug (hence being confident in my previous Reaver statement... ). I don't remember seeing anything about this bug in the US version, so I guess this is a GoA bug. Which cannot be fixed til next patch :-(

Looks to me like Mids are the ones that come off worst, as they don't have an Overpowered ability at the moment... for the first time ever in the history of the game? ;)

Read what i said, though it may not be clear. it is not a BUG that has a large affect on fights. It has a large effect on a fight but not in a buggy way, it "working as intended", though that intention is to be stupidly overpowered atm and help unbalance things.

Hopefully though next patch fixes both issues.

1) Reaver bomb too overpowered. Gets nerfed down. Though no doubt albs will just add extra reavers to group to compensate.

2) LoS bug on pets fixed so they can be nuked when in plan sight.

If this is fixed then there will be some semblence of balance returned to the game. Not alot but the big seige turning issues will have been addressed :D

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I don't really see animists at that overpowered really...now I'll admit I'm not the 1st guy to hang around at a keep or get frustrated over an inpenetrable defense .. I'll just leave :p They're atleast not as bad as they used to be :p Maybe they are too strong in keep situation tho.

The Reaver is currently more overpowered than any char in DaoC has ever been while I've been playing I think :p Savages and Zerks dont come close. I don't think the nerf will be enough to put them in the "balanced" category, but they won't be as bad atleast :)

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
This coming from the guy that's playing the realm with animists (which are perfectly ok ofc since you have em) but when albs get something overpowered its 'omg nerf ffs wtf this is so unfair'

Yes! Reaverbombs are stupid and seriously need a nerf but whining on them while animists are just as stupid in tower/keep takes makes you look like a bit of a hypocrit, no? :p

Where have I said animists are pefectly OK? I fully sympathise with people who are getting killed from pets out of LoS, as there is nothing they can do about it. I fully endorse it getting fixed.

So no, it doesn't make me a hypocrit at all.

The only thing I have tried to point out here, is that animist pets are by far the lesser of two evils when compared with Reaver bombing, but seem to generate much more whine.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Ethild said:
The only thing I have tried to point out here, is that animist pets are by far the lesser of two evils when compared with Reaver bombing, but seem to generate much more whine.
Agreed. Animists at least don't spoil FG fights, whereas Reaver bombs work in any situation.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Thats because of the relative few amount of Reaver bombs I think.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Reaver(s) who instantly kill 2fg Hibs are balanced; Hibs should learn tactics to stop the reaver from pressing his 3 insta's. Like you used tactic to avoid insta-mezz xD. Oh nevermind we had this discussion before :p

On the other hand an animist with STATIONARY pets (in other words; YOU CAN AVOID EM) can slowly, after shrooming for atleast 45 seconds, kill someone instantly who chooses to run into the shrooms. It cannot kill instantly 2fg; and its easy to AVOID the animist (just dont run into 1000 range of his shrooms).

Conclusion: Animist is overpowered in keeps. Reaver is overpowered everywhere; since he can bomb everywhere (also in keeps).

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Reaver(s) who instantly kill 2fg Hibs are balanced; Hibs should learn tactics to stop the reaver from pressing his 3 insta's. Like you used tactic to avoid insta-mezz xD. Oh nevermind we had this discussion before :p

On the other hand an animist with STATIONARY pets (in other words; YOU CAN AVOID EM) can slowly, after shrooming for atleast 45 seconds, kill someone instantly who chooses to run into the shrooms. It cannot kill instantly 2fg; and its easy to AVOID the animist (just dont run into 1000 range of his shrooms).

Conclusion: Animist is overpowered in keeps. Reaver is overpowered everywhere; since he can bomb everywhere (also in keeps).

Well you could use Essence Resist, that's 1 counter atleast :p

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
well done on repelling als the albs, hibs.

next time we'll bring more reavers and our invaluable spec nuker: the sorc!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Old.Ilum said:
Well you could use Essence Resist, that's 1 counter atleast :p

Yep works against SQ and TWF; it doesnt seem to work on the banelord-shouts; they take a fixed % of your hp/end/mana tho.

Resistance of Ancients is rather cool tho; TWF3 goes from 250-->165-180 with it on my ranger o-O

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
TiwiS said:
well done on repelling als the albs, hibs.

next time we'll bring more reavers and our invaluable spec nuker: the sorc!

You're on! And I'll bring my two /30 animists. Game, set and match Hibernia!

Mael, 50th ment.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Yep works against SQ and TWF; it doesnt seem to work on the banelord-shouts; they take a fixed % of your hp/end/mana tho.

Resistance of Ancients is rather cool tho; TWF3 goes from 250-->165-180 with it on my ranger o-O

That's like 25-30% of the dmg then, quite nice :p

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
Right, lets sort this out.

The current "issues" with animists are thusly exposed.

Snap to
Line of sight
Buggy targetting code
buggy Los code
"Vaporisation effect"
Pathing
Spell lines

Shrooms go roughly (very very roughly) where you drop the gt, the snap to can pull them several "feet" in any direction. So a shroom dropped on a battlement, can, concievable end up halfway into a wall, or under a crafting table because of -MYTHICS- bad snapto/keep design. Can this be exploited? Certainly, if you have the time to continually shove out gt's and shrooms to see if you can get one hidden/clipped, if you arent being interrupted, lifetapped, volleyed, seige kitted, or in fact flat out of power because your last 5 shrooms all got insta murdered because they have less hp than a level 20 mob.

Next fun point, line of sight, in dungeons, forget about animists, they wont be shrooming, because the shrooms will pull spherically, whehter they can see the mob or not. Through walls, ceilings, floors, they`ll glitch and lock in and pull, this, is seriously bad juju, the controlled pet can do it, but fnfs (the spammed 2 min duration shrooms) are just asking for trouble. Now, drop shrooms in a keep, they MIGHT respect the walls and doors, or they might take it into their little heads that they dont exist and boom, nuke away. Who's fault is this -MYTHIC-, since its their los and clipping code causing this. Equally fun, for all casters, is the "target is not in sight" when youre standing not 3 feet from them, POC is especially fun for this.

Buggy Targetting code, the search and destroy code for shrooms is server based (hence why the amount of shrooms was nerfed and nerfed again). However, being the genius coders that they are (and yes petunia, I say that with superdense sarcasm), Mythic have shrooms that randomly pick a target and will attempt to fire and kill that target until they expire. That target can be half a zone away, or behind cover, on the other side of the wall, backed out of hitting (but not targetting) range, not in los due to a blade of grass (I kid you not). So the shroom just sits there trying to cast, and doesnt, wasted power, useless effects unless its target happens to wander into range. Who's fault? -MYTHIC-.

Vaporisation Effect, the ever so fun happening when several shrooms luck out an pick the same target within a search and destroy cycle. Shrooms then lock on and fire at the same target, boom, 8 (or 15) times 200 damage, and the target, mostly, goes "skwish", leading to the "waaaaa animists are overpowered". Animists cannot control the targetting, it is purely server sided, and it can be defeated by swamping the shrooms with available targets (one target comes into range of fresh shrooms, they can be toast). Who's fault is this effect, say it with me -MYTHIC-.

Pathing, oh this is a splendid one, and IM sure theurgists also have fun with it. If animists are arborial specced, they get some bombers to utilise along with the healing bomber/blade turn bomber (7 in verdant), root bomber and other fun tricks. Now bombers have a 2.6 sec cast time, and have travel time, but live for only 15 seconds, they can be cc'd and can be outrun, if it fails to hit a target, tough crap, power wasted. Now, the pathing for bombers around keeps is, well, crap, you can empty a bar into bombers at a nice juicy target, to watch them get hung up on walls, or run down the stairs and stand looking at the keep door, or hung up on a blade of grass. Pathing is quite frankly awful, which means the animists rely on mushrooms for some form of damage output. Who's fault is the pathing and bomber issues (cmon, at least make it like a bolt), sing along if you remember the words -MYTHIC-.

If you cant use bombers, and shrooms are proving "buggy" what do you fall back on, oh yes, the lifetap. Yep, the level 45, low spec lifetap that requires at least 30 in arborial spec to reduce variance. Never mind the fact that its a 45 spell so gets resisted more than Dwera trying to get into Llochys pants and returns a low value. Valewalkers share this spell, but unlike the lucky albs whos LT was upgraded because of "high resist rates", animsts were told to get stuffed. So, they cant use bombers, lifetap is resisted and now shrooms are nerfed into nigh oblivion, care to wonder how or why animists are so "overpowered.

Heres more fun for you. Animists get -no- pet ra's, yep, thats right, Mythic in their infinite wisdom (again with the sarcasm cholly!) decided that animists are NOT a pet class. Right, ok, that makes sense. Oh, but wait, animists lose 50% of the rp to mushrooms (scales against damage, the more a shroom does, the more of that 50% the animist loses), eats xp whilst levelling up / levelling artifacts. Add in things like resist piercing not working -at all- on bombers or mushrooms and a quite frankly naff rr5 ability.

Now, please, tell me exactly how animists have it easy and how theyre so uber and effective. Yep, animists are dominating the weekly rp lists and there are hordes and hordes of rr10 animists. Oh, no there isnt, theres maybe 1 in the world and he got there by running with an opted gank group and relying on bombers in open field combat. Oh look theyre down near the bottom of the table, lets take out the 50% rp lost to shrooms, oh, now theyre just near the bottom instead of being right at the bottom, big difference there then.

I know how to play animist, I know how to -beat- an animist, they are NOT the ubergods theyre portrayed as. Theyve suffered nothing but nerf after nerf after nerf since SI launched and the basic bugs and issues STILL have not been addressed.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice issues you brought up Sarumancer but in the end it all adds up to one question. What's the most common way defending hibs gank attacking albs? Yep you guessed. Sing along with me... Shrooms! :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Nice issues you brought up Sarumancer but in the end it all adds up to one question. What's the most common way defending hibs gank attacking albs? Yep you guessed. Sing along with me... Shrooms! :)

No it's not. Change the question to "what's the most noticeable way we defend" and the answer is shrooms. The most common way is just about every other class.

At every keep defense I have been to there have been less animists (FAR LESS in most cases) than chanters, Eldies, Mentalists, Rangers and Druids for sure. Animist numbers so far have been about the same as bards (which are being play much, much less than OF) and even some tank classes.

Expect it to change. When our only real option against Alb is to play to our strengths, you can fully expect to see more people adopting animists in the future. When there really ARE shroomers and shrooms in as great numbers as you claim there are now, you will notice the difference.

I suggest before making any further claims about numbers of animists, you consult the roll of honour (in this day of easy RPs, there are still only 7, yes SEVEN, RR4+ anis on prydwen in total).

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Boggy said:
I suggest before making any further claims about numbers of animists, you consult the roll of honour (in this day of easy RPs, there are still only 7, yes SEVEN, RR4+ anis on prydwen in total).

Well call me a noob but a class is a class no matter what RR he/she is? And according to duskwave the moment Im writing this, there've been 14 rvr active animists the last week and those 14 were only in the top 20 animists.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
Well call me a noob but a class is a class no matter what RR he/she is? And according to duskwave the moment Im writing this, there've been 14 rvr active animists the last week and those 14 were only in the top 20 animists.

hehe a rr5+ anis shrooms make them tea and coffee whilst also being unkillable in some spots duh ;0

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I won't call you a noob, but I will point out that the number of RPs scored is directly proportional to the amount of activity coupled with the RvR effectveness of the class.

Hence, the fact that there are many more RPs being scored by Theurgists than animists is fairly clear indication that animists are either not being played as much or are being played but not killing as many people.

Either way, it goes directly against your view that Hib defenses consists of loads of animists killing loads of enemies.

I took Theurg as an example to try to be fair, since I am assuming it is a class being played average to above average amounts.

Looking specifically at your claim that shrooms are the most common Hib defense, a comparison to other Hib classes shows that while none are particularly high scoring, almost all have more people scoring more RPs than animists.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
And I dont think that being RP effective is the reason why there arent high rr animists. Obviously the way things were in OF, gank groups running up n down etc, animists werent cut for that kinda thing that much as other classes. NF is though, in all its bugged glory. And perhaps theurgists are more versatile than animists and are more than just a defending class, but does that make it right for stuff like all the prementioned to happen? ANyways the only point I wanted to make with the duskwave comment is that you are simply trying to give the impression that there are only 7 active animists, by mentioning just the rr4+, when in shroom spams it wont matter what rr they are, and obviously there are more than 7. Do a search on how many 50lvl animists there are on prydwen and how many theurgists. Animists came way after in the game,yet the difference doesnt seem to be that big :)

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
But you actually cant compare animists with anyone. My theurg isnt a keeptaking machine nor it is any better than most nukers in keep defence. My pets cost me 5% with my current sc so without fop I can cast about 20 of em and then I have to rest. They hit about every 4-5 sec I think and last about 25 sec so thats something like 5-7 nukes from a pet before they die. If you by any chance happen to damage the pets or debuff em etc they go into melee mode and they useless. Since they melee for about 0... animist pets last for 2 mins right? And if you nuke em they wont go to melee right? And you can put em to tables and objects like oil pot and you know they propably not targettable right? (funny story here. I went to defend a tower and put up an oil pot and about 2 shots with the oil it started going down really fast. Got then nuked insta to death and before releasing saw pot being destroyed about in 15 secs and shrooms were under the pot. Could only see the caps of em there.) See where im going? I know for sure what my pets can do and what those cant do and I am sure you know what your pets can do also. Only thing I havent been able to find is how much animist pets do damage to keep doors and oil pots etc per nuke since they damaging me alot more than my ice pets damaging enemy casters.

The fact is I get my rp's is openfield. There the pets are much better than animist ones. (unless the animist have some nice objects/hill/ other stuff to hide em to) But still pets are not that great. If I would have earthies then maybe they would actually kill something but simple thing to avoid my pets is to run away and run back when im oop. Not too hard if you can keep the distance to me. But if you let me spam air and ice ones for about 1 minute then yes you propably dead.

And again cant really compare the animists and other classes in keeps since animists really shine in there. I have still to see any other class that can make u much impact to keep defence as animist can. I also realise animist are not too great on other situations. But we are not talking about other situations. We talking about keeps and fights in em. And sure some dont know how to abuse bugs with animist pets but im 100% sure some do and when some in the keep says they have great gt I doubt you ask em if it isnt in place we cant target em you just spam pets there and laugh at the stupid albs that cant get your pet killed and enjoy the rp's even if it is 50% of the max.

And yes we are going to face even bigger problems about this in the future. If now 3 animists can aid few other people to whipe a zerg then what can 10 of em do. And yes I say aid to whipe a zerg since I realise it needs more than just the animists but about 90% of the cause is the shrooms imo. And I play almost everyday and rvr quite much and I think about 10k is good rp's per week for casual player that plays few days a week or so. There is 17 animists over that atm. I realise there isnt much animist high rr but that is the problem with all realms and the problem is FOTM thinking. You really shouldnt compare anything with the people that play 100% of their free time maxing everything they can, find every bug they can abuse, roll fotm chars even they would have liked to play the old ones...

Well that is just my opinnion about shrooms and animists and theurgs. :) All can have their own opinnions and I do like to hear about em... Honestly I do. ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tristessa said:
. Do a search on how many 50lvl animists there are on prydwen and how many theurgists. Animists came way after in the game,yet the difference doesnt seem to be that big :)

Im sorry to burst your bubble but animists are so common due to the fact you can effectively powerlevel with them. If you compare it with necromancer: 221 lvl 50 necro's versus 116 lvl 50 animists.

If you wanna go into numbers: You will most likely see almost twice as many necromancers into RvR then animists.

Most of the necro-players only use it for PL and such. Same can be said about the animist-class; but then suddenly it aint true ?

Also dont forget with regards to theurgists: Theugs can spec useful stuff which actually works too in keeptakes ASWELL as roaming RvR. Your 45-spec air nuke still works in keeps. Animist is pretty much limited to shroomspamming because the 'rest' doesnt work anymore.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa said:
And I dont think that being RP effective is the reason why there arent high rr animists. Obviously the way things were in OF, gank groups running up n down etc, animists werent cut for that kinda thing that much as other classes. NF is though, in all its bugged glory. And perhaps theurgists are more versatile than animists and are more than just a defending class, but does that make it right for stuff like all the prementioned to happen?

This argument does not hold water, for the simple reason that both I and Furbina achieved RR5 in OF. Clearly making RPs in OF WAS possible if you were an animist, despite our weaknesses in those situations.

The reason there are not more higher RR animist is because people didn't play them very much. The reason there are still hardly any animists at RR4 (a realm rank I point to because it is the firt RR involving a non-trivial amount of RPs) is because there are STILL not many animists doing non-trivial amounts of RvR.

ANyways the only point I wanted to make with the duskwave comment is that you are simply trying to give the impression that there are only 7 active animists, by mentioning just the rr4+, when in shroom spams it wont matter what rr they are, and obviously there are more than 7. Do a search on how many 50lvl animists there are on prydwen and how many theurgists. Animists came way after in the game,yet the difference doesnt seem to be that big :)

Telling you to look at the Roll of Honour is not - as you suggest - some kind of trick. It is EVIDENCE. The point you are trying to have me believe is that animists are the most common element of the Hib forces that are killing the Albs who attack. THINK ABOUT IT - if large numbers of Albs were being killed by large numbers of animists, the WOULD be scoring more RPs.

At the moment, SMALL numbers of animists, are HELPING large numbers of OTHER CLASSES to kill the Alb zergs.

You say you score most of your RPs open field, but that simply is not true of most Albs. There are a handful, at most, of roaming groups and the rest of the Albion hordes - whose RPs are equally clear on Roll of Honour - are attending keep sieges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom