Sorc vs. BW

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Okay - what am i doing wrong here?

I'm pissing myself laughing every time i'm up against a sorc.

Are they insanely overpowered? I mean... yes BW is the uber class of overpowerness - but sorc? Oh my fucking god :).

I gotta be dismounted to warm up my fire, so i can do some decent damage. Then i run up to the sorc, 2x dot him, throws sear, then fireball. By that time i've damaged myself 1-2 times 550 dmg each. Then he spins and does a 1250 ball - without no warm up ? ;) :twak:

So i finally get him down to 10% hp - me at 50%. Then i want to throw a dot, and run away. So i press dot, -550 dmg explosion.. Then i press the other one, -550 dmg ... Then he throws a 1250 dmg bolt, and i die - he laughs. ;)

Riiiight.

Anyone got tips for beating those overpowered mofos?

And no, i don't do Scenarioes for "rvr".

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Does this happen often? or is it just bad luck?

eksdee

FH is my second home
i think it's just bad luck with combustion really, but in the main from what i can gather BWs are more powerful when AOE specced (in a relative sense) while sorcs are more effective when specced for single target damage. with that in mind, a sorc should generally win any 1v1 with a BW.

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Does this happen often? or is it just bad luck?

If i keep it around 80-100% "warmed up", i have a 25-35% chance to blow myself up... It happens VERY often. You are quickly at 100% warmup, and then it's 35% - that's one in 3 spells, boys. Which gives you 550 dmg at lvl 27.

I fought the same lvl 27 sorc 6-7 times. I won one.. the first one. Rest i blew myself up - or i wasn't "warmed up", so i dealt no dmg :).

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
If a Sorc's chucking a "fireball" it's the Magebolt morale ability, which, as you'll know, is instant cast and can do wankloads of damage. It doesn't take that long to build up to T1 morale, especially when you're dotted to buggery. If the sorc had high Elem/Corp resist, (which most do, because they tend to end up dotted to buggery by Bright Wizards) then they're not going to be taking as much damage from you as perhaps you are from them.

Advice? Use morale abilities, and get some resists going on.

Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
I have no problems with sorcs at all (im a bw) - sounds to me like you were just unlucky or not using your BW abilities correctly ;) Remember silence, slow boil and if you are really choosy, psychospastic charge or whatever its called.

Even balance imho but im yet to see a sorc use their abilities to its full potential.

Del

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Pyroclastic Surge is a nightmare no matter what class you use it on. :p

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
If a Sorc's chucking a "fireball" it's the Magebolt morale ability, which, as you'll know, is instant cast and can do wankloads of damage. It doesn't take that long to build up to T1 morale, especially when you're dotted to buggery. If the sorc had high Elem/Corp resist, (which most do, because they tend to end up dotted to buggery by Bright Wizards) then they're not going to be taking as much damage from you as perhaps you are from them.

Advice? Use morale abilities, and get some resists going on.

Most 1on1 battles are done before morale 1 is up. (Mage battles)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Most 1on1 battles are done before morale 1 is up. (Mage battles)

Don't be so sure matey.

if I may throw in a few thoughts. A great many toons now are twinks. Talismans have no level requirement when created so it's quite easy to get your toon the best items for tier and then chuck in the odd talisman here and there to add to the deal.

Also bear in mind that alot of people will and do stack resists even at tier1, let alone tier 3.

I'd try 1v1 with other sorcs and if you're always getting beat down I'd look at tactics/items etc. The same is true for sorcs btw - at 100% dark magic they have the same issues you do with feedback.

This sorc could also be front loading on damage. If they're specced for DPS with just stacked items in Intelligence and Wounds then there's a good chance they'll nuke you down in 3-4 shots before your dots can kill them. once out of combat they will regen quickly enough (alot of the time) to avoid dying to you. At Tier3 it's quite easy to stack two stats as there are quite a few items about that have just all Wounds or all Int on them - giving you a massive boost in one area without compromising elsewhere too badly. This (imo) changes in T4 as set items and rewards generally balance out and the single huge lumps of one stat on one item are generally smoothed out.

There are people out there who regularly hand my marauder his arse 1v1. It doesn't mean their class is overpowered. It just means their way of playing their char is very effective against my play style and I possibly need to grow more fingers and use my abilities better :)

There are a few (generally afk) players who i own 1v1 with my marauder, it doesn't make me OP - it means they need to be able to play better whilst afk ;)

M

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
good healers will cure dots within seconds..
and unless u got good healing, single target dotting with max combustion really doesnt do it:p

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
good healers will cure dots within seconds..
and unless u got good healing, single target dotting with max combustion really doesnt do it:p

Dude... read the .. f'ing title..

You rly gotta be the number one wow/war-player. Not reading and rushing ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom