Something strange with BW and Sorcs

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have leveled 4 sorcs to 10. I have leveled 2 bright wizards to 7 and 8.
Why oh why do sorcs not have the same backlash chance as bright wizards?

"yeah but they do Bahumat"...

Yeah, on the spell tooltip its the same, but I find even at 100% the sorcs has far less backlash's than the BW.

I am fully aware it's all about chance, but I have leveled quite a few of these classes and the bright wizard is affected by backlash far more than the sorc.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

Yeah, on the spell tooltip its the same, but I find even at 100% the sorcs has far less backlash's than the BW.

I am fully aware it's all about chance, but I have leveled quite a few of these classes and the bright wizard is affected by backlash far more than the sorc.

i dont -know-, but a thought occurs

if a spell builds 10 fire/dark power. will it have a 10% chance to backlash ?

so how are the spells in comparison of power generation? im pretty sure a few are different delves on same type.

(my BW is a mighty 8, my Sorc is 13, so im no authority) :drink:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if a spell builds 10 fire/dark power. will it have a 10% chance to backlash ?

No, at 91%-100% combustion/dark fury or whatever its called you have a 35% chance to get backlash.

I find even when im at 30%-40% the BW gets more backlash than the sorc.

Nate

FH is my second home
If it's a bug report it, it might get fixed! But then it might be part of Mythics plan to make Dest look sexier by making them not be corpses so often ;o Unless your in necrophilia that is!

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
From my brief dalliances with the classes in question, it occurs to me that many of the early bright wizard spells are instant cast, whereas the Sorc at a similar level has more spells with a casting time. This with the caveat that I could be totally and utterly wrong, but if correct, the number of spells a bright wizard casts over a given time is higher than a sorc does, even if the damage is equivalent.

If this is indeed the case, the Bright Wizard will go KABLAM! far more often, providing hilarity to all onlookers.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
if that's the case no wonder BW is more pain in the ass than a sorc. A sorc just kill you while a bw keeps lobbing fire at you all the time... More animations that disturbs you =P

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I levelled a BW to 40 and a Sorc to 16 and my experience was that BW backlashes constantly, while it was more rare as Sorc, but it might be due to the amount of spells, my BW is DoT specced so i got 8 instant DoTs firing off in the same time it would take a sorc to cast 2 spells, so i think thats why it feels like it happening more for my BW then my Sorc.

But thats just my two kroner on the subject.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
From my brief dalliances with the classes in question, it occurs to me that many of the early bright wizard spells are instant cast, whereas the Sorc at a similar level has more spells with a casting time. This with the caveat that I could be totally and utterly wrong, but if correct, the number of spells a bright wizard casts over a given time is higher than a sorc does, even if the damage is equivalent.

If this is indeed the case, the Bright Wizard will go KABLAM! far more often, providing hilarity to all onlookers.

I'm by no means an expert, but due to all the patches and nerfs it seems both classes are the same.

3 second main nuke builds 10 combustion
1 second nuke with builds 25 combustion
insta dot
insta pbaoe builds 10 combustion
3 second aoe nuke

You get all those abilities by level 10. I dont really use the 3 second aoe nuke and both classes have the same cast times/combustion increments so everything seems "fair". Yet the BW definately gets more backlash than the sorc from what i've seen.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I'm by no means an expert, but due to all the patches and nerfs it seems both classes are the same.

3 second main nuke builds 10 combustion
1 second nuke with builds 25 combustion
insta dot
insta pbaoe builds 10 combustion
3 second aoe nuke

You get all those abilities by level 10. I dont really use the 3 second aoe nuke and both classes have the same cast times/combustion increments so everything seems "fair". Yet the BW definately gets more backlash than the sorc from what i've seen.
I don't know what it's like now, but this is something i thought in beta (messed around on both sorc and BW when there were insta-30's) and found that the Sorc did seem to live a lot longer than the BW at comparable combustion levels.

I'm honestly not sure if it's just my perception or whether the sorc backlack mechanic isnt working right on the main short-cast nukes. /Shrug. Either way both are pretty gimp right now!

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie

I got a lvl 31 BW...

I die from blowing up, not the dmg from the sorc, when in a 1on1 fight in oRvR.... sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom