Sorc Love inc?

F

- Fedaykin -

FEEDBACK - Sorcerer TL Report v1.64 - August 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorcerer Team Lead Report v1.64 – August 2003

Overview

The Sorcerer is perceived as the primary crowd control class of their realm. They perform this function quite well in the PvE arena. Unfortunately, due to Realm Abilities such as Purge and Determination, spell resists, item resists, interrupts and cloth based armor, the true Sorcerer spends most of their RvR time face down speaking to the ants.

Concerns:

Survivability – Cloth casters survivability depends on staying out of reach of the enemy and dealing damage quickly. We hope that the upcoming reviews and or rework of Resists and Realm Abilities are able to address these concerns.

The upcoming changes should affect Sorcs significantly. There may be some room in the Sorc spec lines for some additional survivability enhancements and that's something we'll explore down the road.

Epic Encounters – The rate of resists in high level PvE encounters has reduced the Sorcerer to wielding their staff in melee or providing mana regen as their only group contribution, as opposed to using the large number of spell in their arsenal including their class defining crowd control abilities.

We hope to have a fix for the issue of CC being less affective against epic mobs.(Just telling people to /assist to get the multiple attacker bonus doesn't cut it with CC for obvious reasons) Regarding general to-hit, we're still working on that issue as well.

Spec line Issues:

1. Mind – The recent changes to the Mind line have aided the class greatly. There are still a few concerns though.

A. Amnesia – power consumption versus its counter parts.
The difference is the Bard version at spec 42 for 27 power and 325 radius, the Healer version at spec 44 for 28 power and 325 radius, then the Sorcerer version at spec 49 for 37 power and 325 radius.

I suspect the reason it was designed this way was because it's higher level then the other ones. I'll look into the possibility of shaving it down a little, but this seems like a relatively minor issue.

Suggestions have been dropping our version to 43/45 in spec line and dropping the power closer to the Healer, or since the Bards insta is actually the more desirable, yet cost less than both the Healer and Sorcerers cast version, increasing the radius for both the Healer and Sorcerer to 425, bringing the Sorcerer earlier in the spec line and dropping the Sorcerer power cost more in line with the Healers could also be an option.

I suspect the reason it was designed this way was because it's higher level then the other ones. I'll look into the possibility of shaving it down a little or making some other changes, but I guess the next question is what specific problem do we want this change to fix?

Is this an issue when spamming amnesia at a target to prevent them from casting because the power cost is too severe? How many times can you chain amnesia a target before your at half power or out of power?

B. Charmed Pets –
PvE - Please add lower level mobs to the entrance areas of Caer Sidi and City of Avalon. Charm able mobs for the Sorcerer start at 47 in CoA and none are available in Sidi.

Noted for world team.

RvR – Pets are used little in RvR do to the constraints of finding and charming the desirable pet, only to lose it a few moments later upon death.
Lack of variety in Hibernia, especially near the Albion portal keep has been a major concern.

Noted for world team.

Allow us to assess the level of a mob
Allow us to recall our last charmed pet from the same zone after death, even if it means that pet loses a level or two as a balance.

I understand why players want this but these changes are unlikely to happen.

C. Confusion - Confusion has no use in RvR and has been adjusted in PvE to make it all but worthless. With Mob immunity and no utility in the RvR arena this spell needs to be reworked to provide a viable utilization in both PvE and RvR.

Yes, we want to find an RvR use for confusion that doesn't dramatically upset the apple cart. Nothing concrete on this yet.

2. Body – The most balanced line of the Sorcerer, Body is one of the most popular major specs.
As per feedback the spec 20 single target root in body has been bugged. Recent ‘fixes’ to our spell icons in 1.64 did not address the issue of the image being AOE with a single target delve.

Not every bug can be fixed right away. If you're worried something was missed, just bug /appeal it again.

3. Matter –The Matter line has suffered the reputation of being the red headed step child. Allowing the spec and base dot’s to stack and adding the dd/snare was a start, and increased the number of players willing to ‘try’ the spec. But few stick with it, and those that do are a minority.
No keep door damage
No secondary form of CC
Bad spec distribution with main DD at spec lvl 40 and 49, limiting to 40Matter/3X Mind/Body as only real viable specs.
Loss of elemental debuffs

We don't have a review planned of matter at this time. Not because we don't think the line is perfect, but because there are upwards to 200 spell lines in the game and we can only focus on so many at one time.

New Issues:
None at this time

Other Issues:

Class RA – Corporeal Disintegration – Though our only form of AoE damage this RA is rarely used by a class that wholly bases their survival on their Crowd Control abilities, suggest instead another form of Crowd Control. We are open to discussion.

Let's discuss during the RA review.

Power Consumption – Power costs on our stat debuffs are 8 to 10 points or higher versus similar spells in other realms.

Do the same thing you did with the amnesia issue. Also, explain how this is affecting sorc performance. Is this just a clerical issue because sorcs would like to save a few power points or does this have some serious impact on whether or not people use these in RvR?

COME ON SURVIVEABILITY

K

Kallio

they forgot the "FIX THE IDIOTIC EFFECT ON AE MEZZ!!"

the effect sure is cool but not very usefuyl as it´s a beacon to tell enemies "HERE IS OUR CC! COME AND KILL ME!"

A

alme

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -

The Sorcerer is perceived as the primary crowd control class of their realm. They perform this function quite well in the PvE arena. Unfortunately, due to Realm Abilities such as Purge and Determination, spell resists, item resists, interrupts and cloth based armor, the true Sorcerer spends most of their RvR time face down speaking to the ants.

Yea sorc is the only main cc class with that problem.. :rolleyes:

Atleast they have a 2nd kind of cc, unlike a certain other main cc class..

S

serious

we SOOOOO need a fix for our survivabilty.
and fix determination ..and PF..and backstyle stuns...sjees do melee's need more than awesome dmg on cloth wearers? its not that they run out of end chasing us. bah
PF was introduced to let melee have a chance to catch fleeing casters. with the current end regen situation. PF should be discarded.

what do cloth wearers have to shake the melee in pursuit? run??..yeah right.. qc root maybe? ehehe with assist these days im dead b4 the qc is finished.

we still target no1. even if the grp wins ..the sorc mostly is eating dirt.
for a sorc it depends on a good cleric (fast rezz) if he gets RP's at all

O

old.Ramas

All casters have love inc imo.

Prepare for a new set of FOTMs....

Mid : Supp BD
Hib : Mana Chanters (obviously - and not new)
Alb : I honestly have no idea, but one of the casters.

M

Merl

Yep i think caster love is inc, but not sure about them being fotm.

As far as i am concerned any change to resists would be great and a bit more survivability would be even better :)
At the moment in openfield battles, casters die far far to quickly and usually only get about 2 spells off and spent the rest of the time eating grass. It wont be easy to fix this problem but i hope mythic can find a way.

B

Begach

Survivability – Cloth casters survivability depends on staying out of reach of the enemy and dealing damage quickly. We hope that the upcoming reviews and or rework of Resists and Realm Abilities are able to address these concerns.

The upcoming changes should affect Sorcs significantly. There may be some room in the Sorc spec lines for some additional survivability enhancements and that's something we'll explore down the road.

It's an issue for sorc AND bard. Bards got told to fuck off. Sorc gets listened too. /FU mythic.

C. Confusion - Confusion has no use in RvR and has been adjusted in PvE to make it all but worthless. With Mob immunity and no utility in the RvR arena this spell needs to be reworked to provide a viable utilization in both PvE and RvR.

Yes, we want to find an RvR use for confusion that doesn't dramatically upset the apple cart. Nothing concrete on this yet.
[/B]

Conf is anyone who is not an alb's only defence against theurg pets. Mythic made em huge range and unmezzable. Leave conf the feck alone imo.

Class RA – Corporeal Disintegration – Though our only form of AoE damage this RA is rarely used by a class that wholly bases their survival on their Crowd Control abilities, suggest instead another form of Crowd Control. We are open to discussion.

Let's discuss during the RA review.
[/B]

3rd form of CC?. Nice one. Blow job with that coffee sir or you good? How about it be on the completely different timer to your long duration mezz, similar range and on an instant too? Would be oh so c00l etc!!! Bollocks imo!!!

B.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
bards have armour, hp and heals ;)

sorcs have a lifetap I suppose....

sorcs dont got hp!!111

A

Amadon

strange that sorc's get positive feedback about improving surviveability, yet all other casters (and bards) get told to fuckoff when it's mentioned.

X

Xeanor

That's because sorc survivability is a lot lower due to having both less hps and no armor, and there's savages in Midgard which makes that even worse.

O

old.Nol

lol 3 forms of CC, sheezuz, and albs think they're the red headed step child of Mythic.

XXX can't have this effect again - story of my life.

Don't worry bards, we see your CC pain, so we have opened lifter 5 to you as an RA. Then you can become the perfect crafters.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Xeanor
That's because sorc survivability is a lot lower due to having both less hps and no armor, and there's savages in Midgard which makes that even worse.
how is sorc survivability lower than other cloth casters?
they have more defense than any other cloth caster with ae root and ae mez (which isn't adequate atm with det etc.. but it's worse for other cloth casters) yet other cloth casters are just told to stfu and play rp-cow

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Amadon
how is sorc survivability lower than other cloth casters?
they have more defense than any other cloth caster with ae root and ae mez (which isn't adequate atm with det etc.. but it's worse for other cloth casters) yet other cloth casters are just told to stfu and play rp-cow

Other casters aren't really NEEDED in the perfect RvR-group. Sorc is different because he's main CC'er of Albion.

You dont need an enchanter or eldritch or runemaster or whatever in your group. You need a sorc.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Other casters aren't really NEEDED in the perfect RvR-group. Sorc is different because he's main CC'er of Albion.

You dont need an enchanter or eldritch or runemaster or whatever in your group. You need a sorc.
oh sorry

my bad.. +rpcow

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

Actually you don't need a sorceror, ask Krane to explain.

C

cleeve

-sigh-

I feel for bards - I think they have been shafted again, BUT they do get to spec weaponline and can wear armour other than cloth - not much use against 3 assisting savages - but you show me ANY class that can take that sort of punishment and win?

None?

Exactly.

I think its good that sorcs get loving. I hope bards get some loving too - I hope all classes get balanced classes that are fun to play. I can't see it happen any time soon tho - which is a shame

C

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by cleeve
-sigh-

I feel for bards - I think they have been shafted again, BUT they do get to spec weaponline and can wear armour other than cloth - not much use against 3 assisting savages - but you show me ANY class that can take that sort of punishment and win?

None?

Exactly.

I think its good that sorcs get loving. I hope bards get some loving too - I hope all classes get balanced classes that are fun to play. I can't see it happen any time soon tho - which is a shame

C

Mate, I have 5 blades, they're not even on my quick bar, and I can guarantee you I go down just as fast as a sorc against a savage group. The only survivability rate I might have, is because the RP greedy fuckheads go for the elph with Emerald Ridere above his head first.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by old.Nol
Mate, I have 5 blades, they're not even on my quick bar, and I can guarantee you I go down just as fast as a sorc against a savage group. The only survivability rate I might have, is because the RP greedy fuckheads go for the elph with Emerald Ridere above his head first.

Everyone goes down fast against a savage group, that's the problem with savages. The problem for sorcs is that with cloth armour and about 12 hps, they go down fast against anyone.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Gordonax
Everyone goes down fast against a savage group, that's the problem with savages. The problem for sorcs is that with cloth armour and about 12 hps, they go down fast against anyone.

As backup a sorc has a root to stop purged/determination etc coming at him.

After we have mezzed we do the same thing, we sprint around. As feeble as the root is, it will still give a sorc the seconds it requires to engage sprint and run away/drag tank to shield specced pally's.

In a game of/assists, the bard lasts the same amount of time.

F

Fagane

That means 2-3 sec casting for a spell that will stick if lucky for 3 sec, most likely 2 sec.

Determination for the win!

Biggest difrence between Sorcerer and the Bard/Healer is the armor, hits and instas.

Sorcerers need love.

Fagane

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by serious
we SOOOOO need a fix for our survivabilty.
and fix determination ..and PF..and backstyle stuns...sjees do melee's need more than awesome dmg on cloth wearers? its not that they run out of end chasing us. bah
PF was introduced to let melee have a chance to catch fleeing casters. with the current end regen situation. PF should be discarded.

what do cloth wearers have to shake the melee in pursuit? run??..yeah right.. qc root maybe? ehehe with assist these days im dead b4 the qc is finished.

we still target no1. even if the grp wins ..the sorc mostly is eating dirt.
for a sorc it depends on a good cleric (fast rezz) if he gets RP's at all

shared problem whit bards( and pac healers).

G

Gahldir

I'd say that a sorc has a chance to outlive bard VS 3x savages. BoF+ 2xCC+MoC+LT

bard can only hope that he manages to get end up before savages gets unmezzed and that that will be enough to keep them away. No MoC (wich makes heals useless when savages reaches him), no BoF/AP and no backup CC. only a lill stronger armor and a few 100s extra hp.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Fagane
That means 2-3 sec casting for a spell that will stick if lucky for 3 sec, most likely 2 sec.

Determination for the win!

Biggest difrence between Sorcerer and the Bard/Healer is the armor, hits and instas.

Sorcerers need love.

Fagane

if the bard uses insta he will go down faster then if he or the sorc landed normal mezz

A

acei

I'm amazed sorceror has no insta's, i love my sorc but compared to a healer i'm useless when they get to 1500 range :(

G

Gordonax

Except in the real world, it goes something like this:

0min 1sec Sorc sees incoming, quick casts mezz.
0min 13sec mezz on tanks wears off. Offensive characters in sorc's group are busy hitting the healers, leaving the tanks till last.
0min 14sec Sorc starts casting root
0min 17sec Tanks either hit sorc, or purge and hit sorc.
0min 19sec Sorc dead.

The only way the sorc can end up alive is if the minstrel hits SoS and he just runs like a headless chicken, kiting the tanks. So the best chance for a sorcerer to survive any conflict happens once every 30 mins.

Even when the alb group wins, the sorcerer is often dead - meaning few realm points for them. Even if you allocate someone to gaurd the sorcerer, he's unlikely to be able to add more than a couple of seconds to the sorc's survivability.

To be honest, short of putting sorcerers in chain - which isn't going to happen - I don't see what Mythic can do to improve their survivability. This means they they won't be an attractive class for Albs to play.

Users who are viewing this thread