Sorc Love inc?

L

leoric

I think sorc should be able to have a spec in mind where they can charm over there lvl, Like Menta/Minstrels. Maybe at 50 Mind they could have a spell for it :)

Im charm mad :)

X

Xeanor

Bard: Reinforced (strong vs. slash), IP, AoF, Instamezz, Endsong, AM

Healer: Chain (strong vs. slash), Single Insta-heal, Group Insta-heal, Single Instamezz, AE Instamezz, Single Instastun, AE Instastun, AoF, Battery of Life, MoC

Sorcerer: Cloth (10% abs buff tho), QC AE Mezz/Root, MoC, ehm....

This is just what they can have, not what everyone has.

M

Molten Lava

Sorc with MoC

Sorc with MoC means he might win/survive a every 30 mins....

all the rp-whore-sorcs with high body will deffo win/survive a fight now and then with this spec....MoC, lifetap (for around 250 damage) 7 times and you win

If you spec like a sorc should be specced, high mind, like me...even MoC wont keep you alive...Lifetap with high mind (and therefore low body) hits for 150 (-100) max per dd....which wont keep you alive....

X

Xeanor

Re: Sorc with MoC

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Sorc with MoC means he might win/survive a every 30 mins....

all the rp-whore-sorcs with high body will deffo win/survive a fight now and then with this spec....MoC, lifetap (for around 250 damage) 7 times and you win

If you spec like a sorc should be specced, high mind, like me...even MoC wont keep you alive...Lifetap with high mind (and therefore low body) hits for 150 (-100) max per dd....which wont keep you alive....

xD

F

Fagane

Do not forget PR for the healer please.

Fagane

F

Fagane

But it lets you come back and start all over again. And you get the rps from the kills your group make in that fight.

Defently a tool to survive the combat, its even better then a in-combat res becouse nobody needs to waste power on you.

Fagane

A

-_-a

Maybe :
1)gif sorca a summon pet ability to intercept attack? ^^ in some line like those SMs have
2)Maybe autotrain palas and make sure they have 50 shield for better guard ( those who say IT WONT BE INTERESTING TO PLAY SUCH '' BORING PALA '' can foad )?
3)U have 2 clers in ur group = 15 min bof
4)U have SoS = extra way to escape enemy assist

Interesting line here :
0min 1sec Sorc sees incoming, quick casts mezz.
0min 13sec mezz on tanks wears off. Offensive characters in sorc's group are busy hitting the healers, leaving the tanks till last.
0min 14sec Sorc starts casting root
0min 17sec Tanks either hit sorc, or purge and hit sorc.
0min 19sec Sorc dead.

so u r saying Savas will be 3 sec in root ? or u cast AE root ?

J

Javai

Originally posted by Gordonax
Except in the real world, it goes something like this:

0min 1sec Sorc sees incoming, quick casts mezz.
0min 13sec mezz on tanks wears off. Offensive characters in sorc's group are busy hitting the healers, leaving the tanks till last.
0min 14sec Sorc starts casting root
0min 17sec Tanks either hit sorc, or purge and hit sorc.
0min 19sec Sorc dead.

You forgot 0min 1 Sec Bard running at speed towards group uses inst amnesia mezz fails

Despite the many problems Sorcs have with survivability, I would be happy just to have inst amnesia removed as a measure of balance.

X

Xeanor

No-one understands the point that it's about the sorcerer's self-survivability compared to the CC classes from other realms have.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Xeanor
No-one understands the point that it's about the sorcerer's self-survivability compared to the CC classes from other realms have.

TBH mate i'd say it's more like 50/50 bard/sorc likely to survive a fight. End chant on a defensive tank so more likely to maintain perma sprint. Longer range mezz that is actually usable. I know you guys think insta's are uber but ask any bard and he'll tell you castable for the win. We need to get ALOT closer to tanks to make a usefull mezz happen. We're just as visable probably more (your identifiable as a mezzer when you cast, we are when we arrive and throughout the entire fight).

We both got screwed. Shit happens etc.

B.

X

Xeanor

Bards still have Reinforced and are able to spec IP/AoF, sorcs are in a bigger amount of shit than bards tbh.

O

old.Nol

Sorcr's should be easily pushing sub 2 second cats, if you aren't, then go play your infil. 2 seconds distance is all you need between you and tanks. If you can keep all those tanks occupied and chasing you, your team will win.

Yes I can buy IP, but I would much rather invest my valuable rp's into RA's that increase my group effectiveness - like cast speed dex and mota. Like the sorceror I am totally reliant on a decent healer.

And in the real world Insta mezz is on the exact same timer as castable and counts as one form of CC, that 13 second mezz you mention, well the insta version is less effective then your root. Insta mezz is something saved the 21694 infils that camp the amg.

A

Aussie-

yes it's all so easy in the land of interrupts xD

B

Begach

Bards still have Reinforced and are able to spec IP/AoF, sorcs are in a bigger amount of shit than bards tbh.

Include the cast speed RA's (bard castable mezz speed is pretty pants without it) + purge (always first purchase imo, not IP) + IP and they'll be viable by RR6L3 or sommin. LOL.

Add AoF more like RR8-9.

Funneh. Bards don't spec AoF mate and IP is rare at lower level. Bards spend more time just tryin to be viable with mastery of the arcane. Seriously dude ;)

Edit: yeah like Nol said (damn my slow assed typing :p)

B.

F

Fagane

atm its:

sorc < bard <<<<<<<<< healer

Insta stun, then use a castable area mezz

Fagane

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by Begach
Include the cast speed RA's (bard castable mezz speed is pretty pants without it) + purge (always first purchase imo, not IP) + IP and they'll be viable by RR6L3 or sommin. LOL.

Add AoF more like RR8-9.

Funneh. Bards don't spec AoF mate and IP is rare at lower level. Bards spend more time just tryin to be viable with mastery of the arcane. Seriously dude ;)

Edit: yeah like Nol said (damn my slow assed typing :p)

B.

Get the RR's then? you _have_ the chance on better defence, sorcers don't.

B

Begach

Originally posted by Aussie-
Get the RR's then? you _have_ the chance on better defence, sorcers don't.

Bullshit answer imo. Ok. Give sorc's better defence but fuck thier cast speed up so they need to specc RA's to make thier cast speed viable rather than defensive RA's. Sound ok aussie?

See aussie being a twat is easy. Tryin to solve a problem isn't.

B.

A

Aussie-

woah we got 0,15s better castspeed if you took saracen
there are 2 saracen sorcers afaik , nuuber

0,15s castspeed or IP/AoF/AM/+500 hp :m00:

B

Begach

Originally posted by Aussie-
0,15s castspeed or IP/AoF/AM/+500 hp :m00:

You pay fuckall for that extra cast speed though you knob. That shit above (i say shit because it means fuckall to a CCer) would cost a bard RR8-9 and still be slower at casting from a shit load less range. He'd need the extra defensive RA's to protect him from his own realm mates after getting outmezzed and owned EVERY encounter. Nuuber :m00:

B.

X

Xeanor

My sorc has Mastery of the Art 5, not much more to spec is there? Except for Purge and MoC.

Nuff said.

P

Pin

My sorc has Mastery of the Art 5, not much more to spec is there? Except for Purge and MoC.

Nuff said.

MotArt5 = 14 points = 3% cast time reduction
Aug Dex I + II + III = 10 points = 5.5% cast time reduction (if buffed)

B

Begach

Nuff said.
Purge first FFS..........eeeeeek!!!

LOL dude i aint tryin to fuck you out of some abilities here. I'm just saying, what your saying a bard has as defence is LAST on the list for a bard. They are either too expensive or too feckin useless. AoF bards NEVER touch (at any RR). IP bard might get later on but only after he's sorted his group support and cast speed shit out. AM is a joke, plain and simple. Ask for sommin a CCer might need. Because none of the shit you guys think us uber defensive bards have is worth a shit. AP, now thats an RA, AoF is a waste of feckin rsp's.

MoC, see now that shit is a CCers RA.

Btw how about toughness lvl 3, AoM lvl 3, Aug Con lvl 3, Aug Dex lvl 3, MCL? You know all the little things that add up?

All the shit you mentioned above i could pretty much have right now. But only if i gave up my cumulative passives. It'd get me some nice 30 min timer, one shot RA's and i'd get owned 24/7 ;)

Also can our similar offensive specced class (ment) have the same please? Because remember anything you give a mind specced sorc in RA's you also give the users of other sorc lines. Only fair imo!!!

B.

H

hotrat

Well imo sorc aint much worse off than a bard, but both are far worse than a healer.
At higher realm ranks the gap between bard and sorc widens a little because of IP and AM, and the cast speed becomes closer if both have mota3 and aug dex2, and bard benefits more from aug con, toughness.

The thing with sorc compared to bard and healer is if tanks are hitting it they can try qc root, bard and healer only have their insta's and are unlikely to use them and instead just run and hope the tanks get diseased or rooted by someone else.

Now as a sorc if you notice a tank has purged and is running at you, you can try and root it. Maybe you get interupted, so you now can choose to run while there is a gap between you, or root. At this point a bard and healer would most likely choose to run, a sorc can try and quickcast.
If the root lands you can move away and have 10 secs before its on you again, if its resisted your in trouble.

Well this is why i like a sorc becuase they always have that choice to stop and qc a CC, rather than just run all the time.

Main problem is knowing if an enemy is immune to a certain type of CC. Maybe the tank didn't purge but just resisted the first mezz, DAOC needs a better way to tell you about immunity imo.

Edit: Inconnu > Saracen :p

Well each race has its advantage, even briton is a good choice cus they can disguise themselves as a friar.

B

Begach

Originally posted by hotrat
Well imo sorc aint much worse off than a bard, but both are far worse than a healer.

**LOTS OF TEXT**

Well each race has its advantage, even briton is a good choice cus they can disguise themselves as a friar.

What she said :)

B.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Pin
MotArt5 = 14 points = 3% cast time reduction
Aug Dex I + II + III = 10 points = 5.5% cast time reduction (if buffed)

Could you explain? Why 5.5% if buffed?

P

Pin

Could you explain? Why 5.5% if buffed?

It's 3.8% while unbuffed aswell.

cast time ~= [Delve]*(1 - ([dex]-60)/600)/(1+0.03*[MotArt])

Basically, the more dex you have, the bigger % impact increasing dex has.

Anyway, best to keep MotArt and Aug Dex levels about the same.

X

Xeanor

Well it was expensive enough already, I'd better respec to Aug Dex III + MotA4 then =P

A

-_-a

What u think of giving sorca SNARE DD ?
When enemies r immune to mezz / root , sorca need smth apart from Pala's guard / bof / sos

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by -_-a
What u think of giving sorca SNARE DD ?
When enemies r immune to mezz / root , sorca need smth apart from Pala's guard / bof / sos

Spec matter if you want Snare DD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom