RvR video from a Sorc perspective

D

Dorin

Xeanor and Mindrat you guys are h4x0r but but inconnus are just GAY :) Nice movie :)

J

Jiggs

well, its nice all round play i guess..
not very high quality or high realm rank enemies in general tho..

looks like you had fun tho :D

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by hotrat
rofl and at rr5 you don't get debuffs and root etc?

I think I know what you mean though as in you need experience in rvr before you know what/when to root and what/when to debuff etc?

I think even I was hitting ae str/con debuff at rr5 though, especially on things hitting me. Now ofc its not just ae str/con its single str, single dex, dex/qui :)

Also I was playing on my dads cpu with a different keyboard, and the fps is a lot worse when recording so playing how I usually do is more difficult :(

I got a bit more footage tonight for another video but every fight we had adds :(

It takes a while to get used to press insta AE str/con debuff all the time, on every enemy, etc. :)

Usually just focusing on the battlefield and what to mezz/root and remembering which enemies are immune to mezz/root, rather then pressing AE str/con debuff all the time ;)

But I always press it nowadays. ;) Sometimes i even click QC and AE mezz... and while it's casting i hit the AE str/con debuff which makes you QC that spell and not the mezz... cancelling the QC on the mezz and you're interrupted :(

H

hotrat

Yer thats why I never try to ae str/con debuff while im also trying to qc ae mezz. Like the last fight with all those bm's on me :)

Also Jiggs the hibs were mostly the new hib guild BaF, im sure you have met them and although they are not high RR yet they play well and tanks dont need high rr to get purge and det 4 :)

The other fights were RG, again a fairly respected RvR guild.

As I say im trying to get video footage of us vs other guild rvr groups but its so rare to meet them fg vs fg and for me to be recording as well :(

G

Garbannoch Nox

didnt see the movie as I have a crappy connection atm and dont wanna download it here but Hotrats is definitely one of the best sorcs out there (probably the best). One thing I have noticed however is that I almost never get debuffed. Having the same aoe str/con debuff and knowing that I hammer it whenever I can it really strikes me that almost no sorcs use it - i mean it's like a free insta aoe dd with 250-600 dmg that cant be healed for a 30+ secs and reduces damage from tanks quite a lot.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
Having the same aoe str/con debuff and knowing that I hammer it whenever I can it really strikes me that almost no sorcs use it

yeh well ur not fighting grps that contain 3-4pets that aggro onto u the moment u debuff them (debuff breaks mezz on pets) ;)

I

iluvatur

yeh.... surprises me as well... a mezz takes 1.5-2 secs to cast fully buffed and thats still plenty of time to whack the insta. same as str buff on a zerker wtfpwning you :O

H

hotrat

Yep exactly what konah said, vs hibs i stand to get 2 or 3 pets on me if i use it after mezzing. Sometimes I can cast it before mezz but pets insta aggro me so mezz must be near completion else I get interupted.
Pet will also be immune to mezz after I break it with debuff so now I have to try and root them, if its a chanter pet it starts nuking me. Its just not worth it vs hibs most of the time, although there are situations where i do use it. Like vs pbae circles (when pets are outside the circle - probably on me or my clerics :( ) a good dex/qui debuff and single dex on casters is nice, also some str/con to lower their hits.

As a hib you rarely face pets vs mids (SM pet?) and same vs albs with sorc being the only common rvr char with a pet. So imo its a lot easier to use it, just spam it as much as possible basically.

As a mid well SM is the char with ae str/con debuff and they are rare to see so they never use it.

Vs some hibs there are 2 or 3 druid pets and sometimes 2 or 3 chanter pets as well. If a hib group gp's I usually try and ae str/con debuff them as pets will be immune to mezz anyway.

J

Jiggs

also as a cleric, when lil grey mobs etc get caught in the ae debuff as soon as the 1st spread heal hits u get 5torcans up ur ass :/

note to tanks: PROTECT :D

P

peting

Nerf your speed-writing skills. :p
btw. How do u return to "normal" view after panning the camera?? Have been looking for that a long time now (not very much tbh, but I have been wondering if there were any ways of doing it)

I

iluvatur

why are you debuffing after mezz 0_o... whack that debuff just before mezz lands and then no worries about pets for a while

H

hotrat

I try to but a lot of the times its out of range.

If im chasing a group i dont use it cus it gives them warning and they spread out, unless i leave it to 0.1 sec before mezz completes but then the group usually has ran out of 1500 range and is just inside bolt range.

The last fight in the video was a fight where I could and should have used ae str/con (as the tanks ran at me). However as you might tell I had strong fps lag and then I was being hit so prolly pressed QC and didnt wanna qc debuff by error.

But its a nice debuff and using it as much as possible is never a bad idea (although not too much cus it kills the power :p )

W

-Wedge-

Only thing I noticed was that you where OOP a lot of times because of nuking... Where the question would be, was it really needed?

I mean, sure, nuke pets to death, its not like your tanks will do it ;) (lazy gits :p)

But, personally, I dont nuke unless I'm above 50% power, or I need HP back...

It could get nasty if your OOP, and another FG added...

Otherwise, nice movie ;)

I

iluvatur

you gotta delay the debuff... wait till right next to the end of cast ( they should have moved into range by then )

i know you know this, but maybe other sorcs out there might find it usefull, this debuff is one of mind sorcs most 'damaging' spells

H

hotrat

Im talking of when groups are moving away from me not toward me. If they are moving toward me I often whack the ae str/con just before mezz. But like the very first fight on my vid the hibs were moving away from me and ae str/con was out of range just before the mezz landed, and then once its landed I dont want aggro from pets so i didnt use it. Although I did get aggro anyway prolly cus of GP.

As for lifetapping I agree I did a bit too much that fight but the warden died fast taking me down to 75% power. Next the green pet which dies very fast to my nukes takes me to 50%. After more cc im down to 40% but the bard is almost dead so might as well quickly finish it before any insta heals.
Now at this point I should maybe have saved my power but 3 hibs are dead and the battle is turning in our favour. 4 hibs now dead but im on 5% power left. I finally go oop with 1 rez sick tank on me and 2 other hibs left alive. The fight is won, I still have mcl and a power crystal to use if i really needed it. The only reason I get such power probs is becaue an entire fg adds, check the clerics they are also lop. But thats why the fight is so good cus even though we are all tired from the first fight we still beat the adds (or would have had not more hibs came).

The RG fight is much more typical of my playstyle although lifetapping that healer that my pet was attacking is a bit unlike me, I guess I was in a nuking mood that night :) However I got him to use an insta heal and it only cost me 20% of my power. I also finish that fight with some power left and mcl ready to use (which would take me back over 50% power).

The vgn fight, no power probs there either and I almost exclusively cast lifetap :)

Last fight, no time to nuke :p

A

Aloca

U noticed that Bof is kinda very low RR. and the one from IG running with them was RR2 :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Aloca
U noticed that Bof is kinda very low RR.

BaF maybe low rr but they certainly dont lack experience (coming from mid pryd) and are one of hibs best/hardest fg fights. way better than ig imo. they will only get tuffer as the rr's rise too :eek: ;)

J

Jiggs

Loff/Loved melee group: normal with one eld is the best (imo)

BaF i didnt find that hard so far, but i guess if they stick with it they'll get alot harder with higher realm ranks as konah says

but i like them cos they have elph BM! the pryd roleplay is strong in them :D

H

hotrat

Bah you only prefer Tahn cus of his fancy robe :)

H

hotrat

15.5plat actually :p

and worth every penny but I know he would have gone higher still had I tried to outbid him :(

A

Aloca

Originally posted by K0nah
BaF maybe low rr but they certainly dont lack experience (coming from mid pryd) and are one of hibs best/hardest fg fights. way better than ig imo. they will only get tuffer as the rr's rise too :eek: ;)

my point

X

Xeanor

I have Sorc Robe + Gloves + Sleeves + Leggings + Staff of Mind/Body, all from FFA Sidi Raids :p

S

sauna-

Originally posted by Jiggs
Loff/Loved melee group: normal with one eld is the best (imo)

BaF i didnt find that hard so far, but i guess if they stick with it they'll get alot harder with higher realm ranks as konah says

but i like them cos they have elph BM! the pryd roleplay is strong in them :D

Yeah we're struggling vs. savgroups (I guess all are) and albgroups that use sos/bof + assists well. But we try, and I must say we've had fun so far even if you've seen me whine some in #celticfist about zergs from time to time there are still quite many fun people to meet out there :).

Nice vid btw, Hotrat, keep recording when we meet you guys because our cameraman is constantly drunk and forgets :/.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by sauna-
Yeah we're struggling vs. savgroups (I guess all are) and albgroups that use sos/bof + assists well. But we try, and I must say we've had fun so far even if you've seen me whine some in #celticfist about zergs from time to time there are still quite many fun people to meet out there :).

Nice vid btw, Hotrat, keep recording when we meet you guys because our cameraman is constantly drunk and forgets :/.

Why aint your chanter named Jacuzzi? :(

S

sauna-

Originally posted by old.Lethul
Why aint your chanter named Jacuzzi? :(

Because I don't go into jacuzzis, I sit in the sauna all day whipping my ass with björkris! Tylö makes strongest bastuaggregats so :).

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Xeanor
I have Sorc Robe + Gloves + Sleeves + Leggings + Staff of Mind/Body, all from FFA Sidi Raids :p
I just need the robe now really, got the sleeves and leggins which are the only other decent bit (cus of the 150 ablative :) ). Went to the open sidi raid today, 2 staff's dropped, I lost both lotto's :(
Ah well the staff is just for looks, the robe is looks and 180 heal proc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom