so whats van helsing like

Aada

Part of the furniture
going to see it in about 2 hours will post thoughts then :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
good for you, but sadly I feel it's going to be shit :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
clown your so full of informative knowledge that you impart in such a dynamic and interesting way ... i wait in anticipation of your next inciteful comment.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
i liked the mummy but the mummy returns was wank, think this looks wank too tbh :mad:

Aada

Part of the furniture
yup its crap :( was so looking forward to this movie but its just a big pile of crap.

i thought underworld was much better then this.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
yup its crap :( was so looking forward to this movie but its just a big pile of crap.

i thought underworld was much better then this.
Wow! That must be saying something, the only reason I like underworld was Kate Beckinsale in leather! Looking at her costume in vh, it might just be enough! :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
i actually liked Underworld as a whole not just because of Kate :)

Van Helsing is just really really bad :puke:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Underworld rocked, haven't seen one bad vampire movie yet, and I have seen a few.

Perhaps it got something to do with my twisted relationship with vampires :eek7:

Aada

Part of the furniture
same here i like Vampires but Helsing well its just really boring you kinda know whats gonna happen before it actually does probably the worst film ive seen so far this year.

Oh well hope Troy and The Day After Tomorrow is better

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can we have more constructive comments, like perhaps telling us why it's bad? I probably won't bother watching it, but why is it bad? Effects laden? Poor dialogue? Dodgy plot?

What then?

Aada

Part of the furniture
effects are ok i thought the acting was pretty bad tbh dialogue was'nt up to scratch for me.

The plot was kinda crap also i dunno i just did'nt like it neither did my brother but go see it for yourself.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
rottentomatoes' collective reviews put it into the "i'd rather stick pins in my cock than watch van helsing" category.

I, sir, shall not be wasting my cash.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Well, I watched it. Was ok for me.
Though I'm not the over-analyzing every movie I watch like you people seem to do.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well im not over analyzing it it just was'nt a film i enjoyed :puke:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
What people seem to not remember is that everybody doesn't have same taste as they do.
That is why I NEVER listen to critics.

People may say Underworld was really bad and give it a 1 out of 10, but I really enjoyed the movie.

And I didn't really mean the part about being over-analyzing. Sorry.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Same here i dont read reviews at all Underworld was a film i really enjoyed Van Helsing was not :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon I'll go see it. I'm expecting it to be crap so I'll likely enjoy it :) Looking forward to seeing David Wenham (Aussie, aussie, aussie, oi! oi! oi!), I heard he's like a complete nob in this film! \0/ Always good for a laugh that bloke.
Even though he played Boromir in LotR I still see him as the desperate heroin addict, inept criminal in 'Getting Square' < absolutely hilarious Aussie flick. Well if your Aussie you would laugh at the cultural references as I did.. like the 50yd thong dash! :clap:

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
innit

I don't see the attraction in vampire films. In fact I've seen so many nasty, friendly, insane, kind, stupid, clever, ugly, handsome, tyrannical and insecure vampires lately that I'm sick of them. They drink human blood? Whoop de fuckin doo. I get more grossed out watching the 6 o'clock news. Buffy the Vampire Sitcom pretty much killed the genre imo.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I didn't know Sean Bean was Australian. Is Yorkshire in Australia now?

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I didn't know Sean Bean was Australian. Is Yorkshire in Australia now?
My bad, I meant Faramir...forgive me?

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
You think you have had enough Vampires...rubbish. They ought to make a film out of the book "I am Legend"

Read it yesterday (its only a short novel). Its kinda like Dawn of the Dead but Vampires instead of Zombies except there's a rational explanation for Vampires built into the story line. The book was written in the fifties, by the same guy who wrote the incredible shrinking man and was set in the future in the far distant time of 1976. Basic premise is the last man alive on Earth living a fortress life whilst everyone else are Vampires. If I could find a film close to the idea it would probably be "The Omega man," with good old Gun toting Charlton Heston. Pre-1975 so he takes his shirt off. Dunno why , I think it was contractual.

It wouldnt need any CGI as the story doesnt suggest they are anything more than diseased autotomatons with a need for blood inspired by a parasitic life form. Sounds like a Cronemburg film now!

It would need a strong central character though as most of the film would be centered on one mans voyage through semi-drunken madness to analytical scientist, eventually coming to terms with and finally accepting the enevitable.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I thought Van Helsing was a fantastic film!

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

It's a wonderfully theatrical movie from the screaming hissing Brides of Dracula to the "no! He's my brother!" moments between Hugh and Kate.

It's TOTALLY over the top and is the very reason why I love the Mummy films Stephen Sommers did.

It really is one of those "turn up, switch off" movies so don't expect anything cerebral in any sense. It's just a damn good fun movie.

I was sitting there at first thinking "is this guy for real?" and then I realised it was and after I'd accepted that was the the intention, I just loved it.

I'll definitely be buying this on DVD.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Absolute fucking excrement.

Budget thrown at the CGI which was passable. CGI does not a film make.

The acting make XXX look good, yes its that shit.

Some of the lines had the audience in hysterics. Not even redeemed by Kate Beckinsale looking as gorgeous as ever, this is a *turkey*. Not even SO SHIT ITS GOOD.

Plot, storyline - a joke. This is all that's bad about Hollywood. We even had a 19th century Q ffs.

Stab yourself in the face and let your friends lick the blood for more worthwhile vampire fun.

Aada

Part of the furniture
yep lol thats what i mean it sucked the only bit i did like was when you saw KB's tits.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I can't comprehend anyone getting enjoyment out of underworld. :/

Thought it would at least succeed in being stylish but it didn't even manage that. Possibly the worst film I've seen since Reign of Fire...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
one persons meat is anothers poison .. i personally thought reign of fire was ok .. and underworld was good too

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I thought it was good fun, enjoyable and completely silly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom