so whats van helsing like

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
I don't understand the concept of switching your mind off to watch something either. I just don't get it. The only film I've found which succeeded at being nothing more than "fun" in recent times was the excellent PotC.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Jonny_Darko said:
The only film I've found which succeeded at being nothing more than "fun" in recent times was the excellent PotC.

I thought PotC was toss tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, you can certainly switch your mind off when watching 'The Rock', which is basically trash, but very entertaining trash.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
thought it was good. how can you even take it seriously when its all mythical crap? youve got no choice but to switch off the grey matter and accept what it is

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
thought it was good. how can you even take it seriously when its all mythical crap? youve got no choice but to switch off the grey matter and accept what it is

Here! here!

Aada

Part of the furniture
I thought reign of fire was good also lol

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:

Err it's called metaphor. That's really odd. So if something is genre (ie - not real) - you don't take it at all seriously? Where does the enjoyment come from then? You don't sit there going "Oh those poor brave hobbits..." or "OMG! Buffy is gonna get slaughtered by that Ubervamp"? You instead go "Well, since Spiderman can't be real I don't feel for Peter but the effects are ok!" ?

Genre films / books etc are never about werewolves, vampires, aliens, wizards or hobbits, they're about humans. Londo and G-Kar in B5 teach us about aspects of the human condition, not alien conditions.

Seems we're after very different things from our filmed entertainment - I want depth, substance, drama and cracking writing - you want a light show! :kissit:

leggy

Probably Scottish
can I also back up the fucking excrement comment?

That is almost the worst film I have seen. It is by far the worst this year (that I have seen).

What was with all the fucking swinging? Tarzan he is not.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Jonny_Darko said:
Seems we're after very different things from our filmed entertainment - I want depth, substance, drama and cracking writing - you want a light show! :kissit:

well i never said that but ok.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jonny_Darko said:
you want a light show! :kissit:

only reason i still have star wars in my movie library... :)

apart from the "light show" its shite, in lack of a more possitive word :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I agree with everything Kenny said. While its nowhere near as entertaining as the Mummy or the Mummy Returns -its just missing something to make it that good, it isa fun action packed movie with a fun mix of ideas. Turn up relax, enjoy the movie dont think about it and leave happy.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Bet half the ppl that call Van helsing and Troy crap enjoyed that total waste of time called kill bill 2,slow,boring and an effort to even watch.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I hated Kill Bill 2, I've no doubt I'll hate Van Helsing and Troy.

I won't find out though, as I'm not going to see them. Cos they look turd :\

leggy

Probably Scottish
Indeed. I got dragged to see it though.

The problem is, I don't want to switch off and enjoy a film without any brains. I like to be hit with a rollercoaster of emotions and if I'm not I'd at least like to watch an enjoyable story if nothing else.

Van helsing was nothing. A bombardment of sfx that were, imo, average. Even the action choreography was abysmal. I was bored to tears and embarrased from the word go.

don't even get me started on the brides of dracula. Never in my life have I seen such piss poor acting in a big budget hollywood film as this either. Like I said previously, Embarrased.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Having said that, someone here said Kate Beckinsale whipped them out. Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom