Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why are we asking for special treatment, we have no right to this, in the club..abide by the rules...don't like it ..leave.
We are voting to leave not make them treat us differently

That's a very weird approach.

We're asking for the EU to be changed so it makes more sense, I'm pretty sure there's other countries out there that probably agree with us.

If it works, and we stay in, I'm sure other countries will start asking for the same.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I guess the problem is does any one really believe that the EU is capable of change, in that question you then have to doubt about certain bits of this agreement getting through the EU parliament.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
So, you honestly hold the position that tax on profits is unrealistic and unachieveable?

Edit: BTW - you're the one calling them evil, not me.

Not at all, I'm just saying that when discussing how much tax corporations pay, remember who it is that ends up paying.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not at all, I'm just saying that when discussing how much tax corporations pay, remember who it is that ends up paying.
Tax on profits means that if we pay more they end up paying more.

It's why conpanies dodge corporation tax.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So in exactly the same way as a tax on turnover would work then? We pay them more, they pay more tax.

Except the only difference is, a company making a loss or barely breaking even could then get pushed under by having its turnover taxed, rather than disposable profits, by disposible I mean money that isn't needed to meet company costs. I know some corps take the piss, using tax loophole etc, those loopholes need sorting out and it's fine.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is funny to hear Cameron and co saying that if we are outside the EU we won't have a say on the EU legislation even though we may have to follow it, yet does our say really matter that much while inside it.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
We would definitely have a louder voice on the inside that out.
I have been very much undecided which way i would vote so far. But after a bit of reading I am leaning towards staying in, as I work for a very small business which does 90% of its business in eastern europe I'm coming to the conclusion that being out could kill the business.
Having said that if voting out weakend GBP I would be tempted to vote that way.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So in exactly the same way as a tax on turnover would work then?.
Are *you* suggesting a turnover tax? Nobody else is, so I'm a little confused as to why you're harping on about one in the negative.

But I'm glad to see you agree on the closing of loopholes on corporation tax - which means you agree with my original point. Cameron's negotiating to protect big financial tax dodgers from effective European legislation.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It is rather frickin obvious why big firms get tax exemptions isn't, hardly rocket science, but still endless debate.
We will give them even bigger backhanders to stay in the UK after a brexit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Are *you* suggesting a turnover tax? Nobody else is, so I'm a little confused as to why you're harping on about one in the negative.

But I'm glad to see you agree on the closing of loopholes on corporation tax - which means you agree with my original point. Cameron's negotiating to protect big financial tax dodgers from effective European legislation.

So, you honestly hold the position that tax on profits is unrealistic and unachieveable?

Tax on profits is the only real option in the real world. Asking for (presumably) a tax on turnover would be retarded.

Presumably? Why presumably? Was this not clear enough?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're still the only person who's mentioned a turnover tax @Raven?

What you're posting makes no sense. Especially since that "presumably" line was a direct rebuff of turnover tax.

So, please, answer the question: Why are you banging on about a turnover tax that nobody else is talking about?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well, we can see what the markets think of Boris' intervention and a possible Brexit.

The pound has dived to it's lowest point against the US dollar since 2009. Just when I need to buy currency :eek:

But go economy! Leaving the EU will be great for that eh?!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Quote on the BBC was that the market didn't necessarily see leaving the EU as a good or a bad thing, but it was "just the uncertantity". I read that 30 seconds ago, but let's not let the whole story get in the way of anything :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
IDS is such an abhorrent little fucktard. What a fannysplat.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It appears that Gove is going to campaign for an exit. Makes me lean towards staying in tbh. If he thinks it's a good idea to be out then its bound to mean its the wrong choice. Just need Hunt to campaign for an exit and my choice is cemented.
Actually the bigger worry is that Chris Grayling supports an exit. Gove, to give him some credit, is at least reversing every single decision Grayling made due to Grayling's utter cluelessness.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Corbyn wants to stay in though, so naturally shouldn't we leave?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hardly seen him at all, you sure he hasn't gone on holiday to Venezuela or something ;)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
What a fannysplat.

Thanks! I didn't think I could add new entries to my insult dictionary but FH comes through again.

IDS is such an abhorrent little fucktard.

Franky I'm pretty certain just going to abstain from the vote as everyone involved on both sides of the argument are a bunch of sanctimonious, self-serving fuckwits. I'd feel dirty giving any my vote.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I suspect abstaining on what is probably the most important vote of your life is a mistake.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Big fall for the pound...what caused it last time?
Probably some CEO wore unusual blue socks for a golf game.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Uncertainty caused it and it would have happened anyway. It will probably be up and down until the choice is made.

It will then either tank or shoot up depending on how the decision goes and how it is received.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Let's put it a different way:

If the UK wasn't in the EU and we were voting to join it, would you vote to join? If not, why not? That should help in a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom