Politics So...Europe then?

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Raven, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

That's a very weird approach.

We're asking for the EU to be changed so it makes more sense, I'm pretty sure there's other countries out there that probably agree with us.

If it works, and we stay in, I'm sure other countries will start asking for the same.

2. Embattle

Embattle FH is my second home

I guess the problem is does any one really believe that the EU is capable of change, in that question you then have to doubt about certain bits of this agreement getting through the EU parliament.

3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

4. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Vote war!! :)

5. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

Why, are we leaving NATO?

6. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

Not at all, I'm just saying that when discussing how much tax corporations pay, remember who it is that ends up paying.

7. Embattle

I wonder what will change on polling data now he is back with his agreement.

8. Scouse

Tax on profits means that if we pay more they end up paying more.

It's why conpanies dodge corporation tax.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

So in exactly the same way as a tax on turnover would work then? We pay them more, they pay more tax.

Except the only difference is, a company making a loss or barely breaking even could then get pushed under by having its turnover taxed, rather than disposable profits, by disposible I mean money that isn't needed to meet company costs. I know some corps take the piss, using tax loophole etc, those loopholes need sorting out and it's fine.

10. Embattle

It is funny to hear Cameron and co saying that if we are outside the EU we won't have a say on the EU legislation even though we may have to follow it, yet does our say really matter that much while inside it.

11. JBP|

JBP| Part of the furniture

We would definitely have a louder voice on the inside that out.
    I have been very much undecided which way i would vote so far. But after a bit of reading I am leaning towards staying in, as I work for a very small business which does 90% of its business in eastern europe I'm coming to the conclusion that being out could kill the business.
    Having said that if voting out weakend GBP I would be tempted to vote that way.

12. Scouse

Are *you* suggesting a turnover tax? Nobody else is, so I'm a little confused as to why you're harping on about one in the negative.

But I'm glad to see you agree on the closing of loopholes on corporation tax - which means you agree with my original point. Cameron's negotiating to protect big financial tax dodgers from effective European legislation.

13. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

It is rather frickin obvious why big firms get tax exemptions isn't, hardly rocket science, but still endless debate.
    We will give them even bigger backhanders to stay in the UK after a brexit.

14. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

15. Scouse

You're still the only person who's mentioned a turnover tax @Raven?

What you're posting makes no sense. Especially since that "presumably" line was a direct rebuff of turnover tax.

So, please, answer the question: Why are you banging on about a turnover tax that nobody else is talking about?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Job

17. Scouse

Well, we can see what the markets think of Boris' intervention and a possible Brexit.

The pound has dived to it's lowest point against the US dollar since 2009. Just when I need to buy currency :eek:

But go economy! Leaving the EU will be great for that eh?!

18. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

Quote on the BBC was that the market didn't necessarily see leaving the EU as a good or a bad thing, but it was "just the uncertantity". I read that 30 seconds ago, but let's not let the whole story get in the way of anything :)

19. Embattle

Not really a sign of much at all to be honest.

20. Big G

Big G Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

IDS is such an abhorrent little fucktard. What a fannysplat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Actually the bigger worry is that Chris Grayling supports an exit. Gove, to give him some credit, is at least reversing every single decision Grayling made due to Grayling's utter cluelessness.

22. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

Europe has always been at war with east asia!

If we leave the price of chocolate will drop from £1/bar to £1.20/bar! PROSPERITY.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. ECA

ECA I am a FH squatter

Corbyn wants to stay in though, so naturally shouldn't we leave?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Corbyn is only relevant to tiresome virtue-signallers.

25. Embattle

Hardly seen him at all, you sure he hasn't gone on holiday to Venezuela or something ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

Thanks! I didn't think I could add new entries to my insult dictionary but FH comes through again.

Franky I'm pretty certain just going to abstain from the vote as everyone involved on both sides of the argument are a bunch of sanctimonious, self-serving fuckwits. I'd feel dirty giving any my vote.

• Like Like x 1
  27. throdgrain

throdgrain FH is my second home

I suspect abstaining on what is probably the most important vote of your life is a mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Job

Big fall for the pound...what caused it last time?
    Probably some CEO wore unusual blue socks for a golf game.

29. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Uncertainty caused it and it would have happened anyway. It will probably be up and down until the choice is made.

It will then either tank or shoot up depending on how the decision goes and how it is received.

30. Big G

Big G Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Let's put it a different way:

If the UK wasn't in the EU and we were voting to join it, would you vote to join? If not, why not? That should help in a decision.

• Like Like x 1