Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I live in the benefits capital of the UK, it's a lifestyle in most of the sink estates in certain parts.
They knocked down the slums and moved the toothless into the countryside and ruined that as well.
They know every tiny line of their rights, untouched by consequence, nothing stops the money coming in, get everything repaired/replaced by the state, get to be with their kids all day, plenty of time to apply for every grant going and work on the side.
They live far better lives than most working people on incomes of 30K a year, and if you value time with family and freedom from work stress above 3 weeks in Florida a year, then they are immeasurably better off.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Our own Brexit Prime Minister laying it out for you guys.

@Bodhi @throdgrain @Moriath / any of the other Brexiters?

Of course, Bodhs will have something to say about economics being nothing to do with it, for throd it's about immigration and moriath, well, I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure that our current PM saying that is more important than they'll let on :)

Um, so what you are saying, is that our current PM, who backed Remain, made a speech in May (before the election) suggesting that Remaining might be a good idea?

Fuck me. I see the Guardian have their fingers on the pulse as ever. What's next, Churchill did a speech suggesting that Adolf bloke was a bit nasty?

Bodhi

Given the links between Goldman Sachs and the EU, the content of her speech is not the least bit surprising, given they pretty much bankroll the EU, and have a habit of employing ex EU commissioners. Not the kind of audience I would do a speech for saying "Leaving the EU? Ach it'll be reet" to.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Um, so what you are saying, is that our current PM, who backed Remain, made a speech in May (before the election) suggesting that Remaining might be a good idea?

Fuck me. I see the Guardian have their fingers on the pulse as ever. What's next, Churchill did a speech suggesting that Adolf bloke was a bit nasty?

Let's quote Mr. Churchill then, shall we:

"I have always said that if Great Britain were defeated in war I hoped we should find a Hitler to lead us back to our rightful position among the nations."

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The bulldozing and burning of all they have, swiftly followed by hundreds of human beings now living even more rough than before.

I don't really have a problem with getting rid of the jungle, though the way they did it is frankly disgusting.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The bulldozing and burning of all they have, swiftly followed by hundreds of human beings now living even more rough than before.

I don't really have a problem with getting rid of the jungle, though the way they did it is frankly disgusting.

Oh faff, you sound even more libertarian than Scouse or me.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That is because both you and him only pretend to be, to look good on the internet.

Plus, I wouldn't call myself Libertarian. I firmly believe you should have the ability to be what you want in life, without limit. However, if you are unwilling (not unable!) to better yourself or improve your lot without getting others to do it for you then you should be left behind. Those unable (not unwilling!) should be helped in every way possible.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Oh faff, you sound even more libertarian than Scouse or me.

Libertarian and Liberal are two fairly different things - Raven strikes me as more Libertarian, you two are dirty steenking Liberals.

Looks like today Nissan have anounced the next generation of Cashcow and X-Trail will be built in Sunderland, depsite threats to take it elsewhere. Oh and GSK have had a useful £1 billion windfall from the currency movements, boosting their share price, which in turns boosts everyone's pensions.

Wasn't the sky supposed to have fallen in by now?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The economic growth has beaten all the hand wringing scare tactician's predictions too.

d00000m.

Also, murmurings of yet more problems in the eurozone.

Bodhi

The economic growth has beaten all the hand wringing scare tactician's predictions too.

d00000m.

Also, murmurings of yet more problems in the eurozone.

No, but no, this isn't the message. remember all the banks are going to leave and join their ultra-successful co-horts in Frankfurt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Saw on the local news last night that some wanky little company was complaining that there wasn't enough Romanians about to make their wanky little products any more so they were going to open a factory in Romania.

They were somehow trying to spin it as an anti-brexit story (BBC...so yeah)

It cannot possibly be because they can get away with paying buttons in Romania...oh no...not that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As you know full well, immediate doom has been predicted. Not happened yet.

According to remoaners we should be living off tree bark by now. Sadly, aside from the exchange rate very little if any doom has occurred. Plenty of normal business choices being attributed to Brexit though. The whole Nissan comedy skit for one.

Lots of multinationals review their manufacturing plans periodically, especially when starting a new line...Nissan did the same a few years back when Brexit wasnt a thing.

Employment is still the highest it has been in years, wages are still increasing, public confidence is still high. Doom, my arse.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
LOL, burning everything they have..
you mean wood they have stolen from all the houses nearby...blankets they were given..are flea infested and a load of tarp that gas been given /pinched.
Every single one of them have been offered asylum in France or elsewhere, they are being moved to modern accomodation.
How the living fuck can it be disgusting to burn down a camp that is a security/health/child abuse shithole.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

They burned their own homes mostly. To stop the authorities dismantling them after they left.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
erm...not sure who you are replying to or really what you are attempting to say...but.

The people in the camps started most of the fires...its traditional or some shit. It is the French authorities that have left a load of people to fend for themselves though. (Yes, they have rehoused a hell of a lot of people but it was still a fuck up)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
LOL, burning everything they have..
you mean wood they have stolen from all the houses nearby...blankets they were given..are flea infested and a load of tarp that gas been given /pinched.
Every single one of them have been offered asylum in France or elsewhere, they are being moved to modern accomodation.
How the living fuck can it be disgusting to burn down a camp that is a security/health/child abuse shithole.

erm...not sure who you are replying to or really what you are attempting to say...but.

The people in the camps started most of the fires...its traditional or some shit. It is the French authorities that have left a load of people to fend for themselves though. (Yes, they have rehoused a hell of a lot of people but it was still a fuck up)

*disclaimer, yes I assumed it was part of the clearance at first.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As you know full well, immediate doom has been predicted. Not happened yet.

According to remoaners we should be living off tree bark by now. Sadly, aside from the exchange rate very little if any doom has occurred. Plenty of normal business choices being attributed to Brexit though. The whole Nissan comedy skit for one.

Lots of multinationals review their manufacturing plans periodically, especially when starting a new line...Nissan did the same a few years back when Brexit wasnt a thing.

Employment is still the highest it has been in years, wages are still increasing, public confidence is still high. Doom, my arse.

Lack of ‘Brexit effects’ proves Brexit has not yet happened

That's for starters.

Who predicted 'immediate doom', please? I certainly didn't, but I am still concerned about the effects of the Brexit vote and actual activation. You sit there happily and ignore the signs that inflation is already going up, and is expected to outstrip wage growth moving forward. Add to that the traditional monetary control for inflation, rising interest rates. What do rising interest rates mean? More expensive mortgage payments. Put these together and you end up with a significant impact to the economy over time... people earning relatively less due to inflation combined with the extra expense they will be feeling and it won't take long before that starts impacting retail sales and other business.

And that is all without even mentioning so far the risk of financial service business being lost to overseas if or when we do not have free access to compete. The reason growth only slowed to 0.5% was that it has been fuelled by our service industry... yes, those banking bastards who are potentially going to pull out.

I haven't been a doom and gloom merchant over this whole thing and I do think we'll be fine over the long term, but listening to your silly sounding rose-tinted everything's wonderful dribble gets on my tits.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the pound being worthless is immediate doom @Jupitus, but yeah, I'm exactly with you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We will see. Last post.

You lot can continue wallowing in self pity and howling at the moon or whatever. The rest of us will get on with it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We will see. Last post.

You lot can continue wallowing in self pity and howling at the moon or whatever. The rest of us will get on with it.

Yeah, but...

Kinda reminds me of this poster...

wwi-poster-daddy-do-great-war.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom