Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yeah, says a lot about the uncertainty of the British economy if they're actually going to follow through on their threats and move to Europe eh?
This is just predictions by a senior figure wanting to cause some shit and get a soft exit.
Banks haven't said they are moving, but obviously they want the best for them...which is always, business as usual.
A soft exit is a lot better than them having to move.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well I guess one mans immigration is anothers emmigration.
Couldn't find that beeb link this morning.
It's important because EU wide movement does have effects, much like capital cities sucking all the money and skills.
The poor of Europe will slowly all descend on the rich areas, leaving whole countries desolate.

a. No it isn't
b. As I've pointed out before, you can make exactly the same arguments about urbanisation within countries as across the EU. For Lithuania, see the North of England.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It still doesn't. 400K labour party members who can join at £3 a pop isn't "the public". Read ECA's link. Its long and a bit jargony but explains how this fits one type of democracy that ultimately has no bearing at the polls or on the voice of the average person. If it was 10 million people joining the labour party, that would be a game changer, but it isn't, its half a percent of adults, and just to give some context, membership is just about back to pre-Tony Blair levels.

Yes, but that membership didn't have a say in who the leader of the party is and thus the direction the party takes. His shadow cabinet, essentially his ideas, as mad as half of them are.

DaGaffer

Yes, but that membership didn't have a say in who the leader of the party is and thus the direction the party takes. His shadow cabinet, essentially his ideas, as mad as half of them are.

What? Of course they did. Their vote could be diluted by the Union bloc votes, but they still had a say in the NEC.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not a 1 person 1 vote situation though. They voted as blocs...which worked out completely differently, which is how Blair and his lot changed the party into Tory lite.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not a 1 person 1 vote situation though. They voted as blocs...
You mean a bit like our general election is one man one vote eh? Oh wait.

To be fair to you - you're for proportional representation - but UK elections we can participate in aren't 1 person 1 vote.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What are you wittering on about now? I am neither for nor against it. It makes no difference one way or the other really.

The entire party system is broken full stop.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What are you wittering on about now? I am neither for nor against it.
Toh has a point, which is why we need proportional representation
Trying to be fair to you is pointless. You type however you feel at the moment with no real conviction or thought process.

In fact, you're FH's Boris Johnson! :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jesus Christ man. Get a life. That post is over 8 years old!

I know you are completely incapable of changing your mind over something but come on...other, lets just say more emotionally mature, are fully capable.

edit, I am actually a little scared that you even went to all that trouble! Fucking sinister mate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am actually a little scared that you even went to all that trouble!
I typed in @Raven and "proportional representation" and posted the first thing that came back. What effort!

So, do you or don't you support it? Or is everything you type to be taken on a post-for-post basis?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
8 years, Scouse, 8! Fucking hell, have a long hard look at yourself.

If you seriously cannot change your opinion in the period of 8 years then you are actually mentally ill. I am talking full on over the rainbow, not just on the spectrum.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also. Case in point. Rather than talk about the EU you have dug up an 8 year old post in a thread talking about Boris getting the mayor gig to try and prove some obscure, un-related topic.

Does your bike have 3 wheels, have a great big horn in the shape of a flower and is it small enough to fit in a bucket of water?

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Raven m8, past three pages:
Raven to various people said:
  • you are actually mentally ill... full on over the rainbow, not just on the spectrum
  • you are a jumped up little nobody
  • you ridiculous little loner
  • consider moving to Ireland
  • take up French nationality and shut the fuck up
  • I might as well try and describe the difference between red and blue to a blind man
Aside from pointing out that you're the first to get angry when "personal insults" are bandied about - may I point out that you need to chill the fuck out man. :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am chilled, just pointing out how mental you sound, desperately asking the same irrelevant question over and over based on an 8 year old post.

Its like watching rain man but not as clever.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Here in off-topic, every thread goes off-topic eventually.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
after only 97 pages, but maybe you're right :/

Job

It seems the forum can descend to pillowfights without my input anymore.

My work here is done.

Job

In shock news, evicted Calais jungle migrants say they might try again at another port.
Getting really sneaky now.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Did anyone expect a different outcome? Those people still exist and will end up somewhere

Job

It's about on par with a surgeon saying he has cured your cancer by moving the tumour somewhere else.

cue...'so refugees are cancer..eh job!'

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think we should take our fair share of ***refugees*** - we helped cause the power vacuums that they are fleeing from, after all...plus its the human thing to do. I don't see why we should have to pay for someone's upkeep just because they fancy a change, especcially when they are selfishly taking the places of people who have absolutely no choice. That being said, what's wrong with France, or Germany? Both are safe havens and both have provisions in place to house people in the short term...Why would you want to come here and make yet another sea crossing? Germany have even said they would take in anyone and everyone...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think we should take our fair share of ***refugees*** - we helped cause the power vacuums that they are fleeing from, after all...plus its the human thing to do. I don't see why we should have to pay for someone's upkeep just because they fancy a change, especcially when they are selfishly taking the places of people who have absolutely no choice. That being said, what's wrong with France, or Germany? Both are safe havens and both have provisions in place to house people in the short term...Why would you want to come here and make yet another sea crossing? Germany have even said they would take in anyone and everyone...

Because maybe of how the French have been treating them?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Odd. I thought we were the most racist country in the world?!

But yeah, the French have been pretty scummy re the jungle, but they have at least offered to move people into fairly decent (in comparison) accommodation.

DaGaffer

This is based on the (false) assumption that they want you to pay for their upkeep. The reason why the UK is attractive to migrants isn't benefits*, its work.

(*Just had a hilarious meeting where we explained to a couple of guys over from the UK that social welfare recipients are getting their Christmas bonus this year - an 85% bonus on their normal dole - the expressions on their faces were a picture. The UK has terrible social welfare compared to the rest of the EU and migrants know it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom