Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Really?
So France is going to defend Europe is it?
Or just leave it to Nato and us to defend as usual.
A unified military in Europe is unworkable, how the livin fuk could they ever agree to do anything and what soldier would risk his life for Junkers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The EU will have broken apart long before then. Its already creaking. Far too much country to country inequality for it to last.
Country-to-country inequality is part of what the EU is there to sort out. The poorer countries know which side their bread is buttered. They ain't leaving any time soon.

what soldier would risk his life for Junkers.
Soldiers risk their lives because they sign up, get paid and then get indoctrinated hard so they can kill people they've never met and likely have no personal grievance with.

Junker's got nothing to do with it.

Job

No chance scouse...no country leader would send his troops to support the EU from now on, it is broken and morally bankrupt.
They may try to force it and thats exactly why we left...another remainer story bites the dust...the EU comes out to admit its federal dream before we even leave.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The countries already do send troops to defend eu interests really. Just so happens that those interests have been voted for in nato

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
But the difference is, they are not directly controlled by power hungry political failures.

Job

Exactly..Nato works..the EU fuck up everything they do...don't mention Serbia.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But the difference is, they are not directly controlled by power hungry political failures.
Yeah they are. They're controlled by politicians.

Look at our record of very sensible war... :\

Job

So lets get back to the EU army...and what will the next step be?
You've guessed it, EU wide taxation, integrated Police force...quickly followed by full EU law.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So we have each countries own military HQ, NATO and the president of the EU wants to have an EU military HQ as well. This sort of defines junker/eu quite well, creeping federalism at the same time as ultimately wasting money and resources. I mean most EU countries don't even the 2% GDP on military for NATO.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Given the fact that the UK is the glue that holds NATO together (only European NATO member that actually comes close to its commitments), setting up an alternative EU structure is probably quite prudent. And if Trump wins, definitely prudent.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
I love how people always cry democracy when anyone questions the vote. 52/48 is barely a majority, when you factor in people that are 'regrexit' and the 70+ year olds voting for their grandchildren (who incedently wanted to stay in, thanks for using your liberal grandchildren as an excuse for you generation's institutionalised racism) and the poor turn put from under 25s (yes their own fault I know) and the opinions of the 15-18's. then the result rwally doesn't reflect the opinions of the country. So, pray tell, how democratic is that really? Or is it just a convenient line from the winning side, who are the worst winners I've ever seen and yet to realise what theit prize is (lemme clue you in, more poverty, higher prices, lower pay, more tax and fuck loads more whinning)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Maybe we can keep running the vote until the right choice is made, yeah?

Edit, and there we are, the racist card yet again.

Can we just be clear, just because people voted out, does not mean they are racist. Its the lament of the idiot to call them all that.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Not everyone that voted out is racist, but all racists voted out. If you're happy to have a chunk of racists votes push your side to victory then you need to accept being lumped in with them

gohan

I am a FH squatter
The cry of not all out voters screams #notallmen. while valid, it's also irrelevant

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not everyone that voted out is racist, but all racists voted out. If you're happy to have a chunk of racists votes push your side to victory then you need to accept being lumped in with them

Not at all - the biggest racist I know voted to Remain along with a couple of others who definitely aren't fans of brown people - but hey if it fits your narrative and makes you feel better then go for it!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not at all - the biggest racist I know voted to Remain along with a couple of others who definitely aren't fans of brown people - but hey if it fits your narrative and makes you feel better then go for it!
Yay anecdotes! The overwhelming message of the Leave campaign was "BUHHH IMMIGRATION". Of course that's not why all the Leave voters voted to Leave but it's why all the vast majority of the folks with racist tendencies did.

Job

They'll force integration..strip national identities..dictate for the best....as all dictators do...then the whole frickin thing will implode as nationalism..xenophobia cause an uprising.
The whole thing is baby steps to ww3

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If the EU changed it's logo and flag to a cracking pair of tits then it would work.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So um. Marine le Pen is leading in the polls to be the next french President and she's promising a referendum on eu membership if she's elected.

That'll be a fun one :)

Sarkozy is very close behind in second as well, so it'll be a conservative or an ultra conservative as well.

Last edited:

Job

EU still doing a cracking job on unity in Europe..the thing is it was never its job, talk about mission creep.

Power corrupts

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
EU still doing a cracking job on unity in Europe..the thing is it was never its job, talk about mission creep.

Power corrupts
Instead of ranting incoherently, why not try linking to some of the things you want to talk about?

Job

Does that need a link?
If you have a argument..google it yourself to find out all you can..
It was first between France and Germany for better relations...then a monetary and trade union...and now a full federal union with Europe with goals for removal of national identity and the melding of everything...all driven mostly by Germany...what could go wrong?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah. Just your standard "wahhhh progress" rant with no specific point other than "I don't like it". Which we already know.

Meh. I thought you had something specific to say.

Job

The process f the EUs enlargement gets played out everyday in boardrooms, office meetings and playgrounds everyday.
Give two people task to improve some part of a process with a tiny bit of authority to do it...come bck 6 months later, they have built an empire and are telling people who question it that they are the problem.
The desire for power, quite often simply motivated by needing to ease the job along, overides their awareness of the consequences...power corrupts.
I don't see the EU as some mad cackling group of world dominationists, they HAVE to go down this road or the dream will fall apart.
To me that is the problem, they are trying to unite the most troublesome group of countries on the planet, supress egos built up over centuries, it all looks good in the presentations over lobster starters, but in reality they are just reminding everyone why they stay seperate.

Calo

Part of the furniture
The process f the EUs enlargement gets played out everyday in boardrooms, office meetings and playgrounds everyday.
Give two people task to improve some part of a process with a tiny bit of authority to do it...come bck 6 months later, they have built an empire and are telling people who question it that they are the problem.
The desire for power, quite often simply motivated by needing to ease the job along, overides their awareness of the consequences...power corrupts.
I don't see the EU as some mad cackling group of world dominationists, they HAVE to go down this road or the dream will fall apart.
To me that is the problem, they are trying to unite the most troublesome group of countries on the planet, supress egos built up over centuries, it all looks good in the presentations over lobster starters, but in reality they are just reminding everyone why they stay seperate.

What are the most troublesome countries?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What are the most troublesome countries?

France & Germany. Ultimately the point of the EU is to make France & Germany so interdependent on each other that the thought of going to war with each for the fourth time in 150 years becomes unthinkable. The rest is just window dressing.

Winston Churchill said:
"I wish to speak to you today about the tragedy of Europe. (...) Yet all the while there is a remedy which, if it were generally and spontaneously adopted by the great majority of people in many lands, would as if by a miracle transform the whole scene, and would in a few years make all Europe, or the greater part of it, as free and as happy as Switzerland is today. What is this sovereign remedy? It is to recreate the European Family, or as much of it as we can, and to provide it with a structure under which it can dwell in peace, in safety and in freedom. We must build a kind of United States of Europe. (...) The first step in the recreation of the European Family must be a partnership between France and Germany."

throdgrain

FH is my second home
France & Germany. Ultimately the point of the EU is to make France & Germany so interdependent on each other that the thought of going to war with each for the fourth time in 150 years becomes unthinkable. The rest is just window dressing.

Agreed actually, and done without a link, what are you thinking of??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom