TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I'm doubting the Brexit will actually come to be a thing. IBF super spin happens imo.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So the first shot across the bows comes from the Japanese. And its pretty explicit what they want to keep operating in the UK. Free trade and free movement with the EU. Bet they won't be the last.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
May is allready backing down on migrant points system, which is pretty well a core promise.
As I have said repeatedly, it will never happen, just fudges, renames..promises..kicked into the long grass.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And? Nothing has actually changed yet. We're still in the EU, still part of the same financial and trade agreements. Literally the only difference in our political and economic situation since Brexit is the 10% drop in sterling which then led to an increase in exports. Well no shit, that's Basic Economics 101. It'll be some time yet before we see how that impacts *Imports*

We won't actually see if it'll be shit-hits-the-fan or happy-happy-fun-times until the EU exit negotiation are completed which could take years.

Yup, however, the "experts" were predicting immediate dooms day, some people were so impressed by the long words that they completely agreed and got quite agitated when people said, lets just see how it plays out.

As it turns out, nothing to see here.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup, however, the "experts" were predicting immediate dooms day, some people were so impressed by the long words that they completely agreed and got quite agitated when people said, lets just see how it plays out.

And at the end of June you were confidently telling everybody that the Pound would bounce back up to $1.55 within a couple of weeks and it's actually lower now than it was then.

It's not as bad as was predicted by Remain but it sure as shit isn't as good as Leave said it would be.

Job

The remainers are basically trying to prove half the country are racist because a Polish guy got beaten to death by the usual 10 size mob of mouth breathing council estate teenagers, who will all walk away after a few years in jail to recivee counselling for the trauma.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And at the end of June you were confidently telling everybody that the Pound would bounce back up to $1.55 within a couple of weeks and it's actually lower now than it was then.

It's not as bad as was predicted by Remain but it sure as shit isn't as good as Leave said it would be.

The difference being, I don't get paid hundreds of thousands a year and I am certainly not an "expert"

I would rather challenge what I am told than just go balls deep on the back of what someone else has said, especially when it has been shown over and over again that said "experts" are basically wrong all the time (see the financial collapse). Most of the so called experts have massive vested interests, both in the EU not collapsing (which it will do) and being right, regardless of the facts at hand.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I am certainly not an "expert"
You said it.
I would rather challenge what I am told
And how, pray tell, have you done that? All I've seen you do is mock and instantly dismiss anything that has anything at all to do with experts (or "experts" as you so wittily refer to them). Challenging their views is one thing, sticking your head in the sand and pretending they're not talking is something else entirely.

Anyway, dealing with Japan's letter will be May's first big challenge, let's see how she handles it. They didn't exactly mince their words.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Erm...sticking my head in the sand...erm...where to start. That is basically the opposite of what I did. That would imply I either ignored them or just agreed regardless. What I actually said was they are talking a whole lot of bollocks and people were just, to use your phrase, sticking their heads in the sand because the stand point suited their (your) misguided argument.

The point still stands, you based your entire argument on something that has not happened, attempting to ridicule those that pointed out that your beloved experts were most likely wrong, as they usually are. Yet you still went along blind to the facts, just because that is what you were told to think.

Its like the start of a religion!

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't think saying "they are talking a whole lot of bollocks" is challenging their views, it's just dismissing them out of hand. You cannot categorically say that everything the experts said was false so for you to say they were talking bollocks just shows your own ignorance and proves that you "challenged" approximately fuck all.

you based your entire argument on something that has not happened, attempting to ridicule those that pointed out that your beloved experts were most likely wrong, as they usually are. Yet you still went along blind to the facts, just because that is what you were told to think.
Um, no I didn't. I based my decision on whichever outcome was likely to keep the Pound the strongest and, as I didn't have a problem with the status quo anyway, Remain seemed like a pretty easy choice. You're just playing along with the Leave hyperbole that all Remain voters woke up every day leading up to the referendum, eagerly awaiting the next snippet from an expert to reinforce their decision. If there truly was a class divide between Remain and Leave, which side do you think would investigate the issues presented by both campaigns and which side do you think would just go along with whatever Farage the leader of their respective campaign said?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
For most people, that happen to live in the real world, they didn't need telling how to vote, they voted based on how they felt. I voted to remain for the same reason, when it came down to it I felt there was little point fucking about with things as life is pretty peachy (still is, post vote) But then I am lucky enough to be able to afford to not live in a sink estate and I am also lucky enough to have a decent job.

For a lot of people (those guys you and yours just love to sneer at) they see a system that is completely failing them, and in many ways it is. They can vote for a new government that will change precisely fuck all or they can fuck the system and hope for the best. Bonus points for picking which one they went for.

I know its easy for dumb people to just revert to calling 52% of the population racist, but all you are doing is reinforcing your idiocy and completely failing to understand why people are just so fed up with all the bullshit that comes out of both the EU and our government. Its not even unique to GB, the same thing is happening throughout Europe and it will be its downfall. The German government have taken a massive kicking this weekend for the exact same reason as Brexit, the government of Germany and the EU are completely failing to listen to the people.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've felt teenage girls' emotions a couple times. I'm disgusted and insulted one of those girls may have been @Raven :eek:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

....YET. Did you even read my post?

What was not clear prior to the vote was the process that would start in the event of a yes vote. What has become clear over the past few weeks is that the new PM will not invoke article 50 until next year at the earliest and also that it's likely to take a couple of years to go through.

Thankfully this has given our economy a bit of breathing space before we actually exit, and yes with the dumping of sterling plus lower interest rates it seems to have given some areas of industry a welcome lift. Noone can deny that this is good short-term, of course.

Think a bit further though.

Record low interest rates right now in order to stimulate the economy through the uncertainty, but growing inflationary pressures are already being seen with higher import costs. The traditional way to combat inflation is higher interest rates which means that the BOE is likely to be forced to raise rates which in turn will start to dampen growth along with increasing mortgage costs and so on.

In short the impact so far has been limited because it's going to be a while before we Brexit, but already some signs of future danger are there so enjoy it while you can.

I'm no emotional remain campaigner - heck, if it was only about control of our laws, borders and culture I might have been tempted to vote leave. But (and I have stated this before, probably in this thread) to risk a leave vote at a time when our economy is in a fragile recovery state, admittedly better than most other countries in a similar position, was a bad idea and from an economic view this was backed up by lots of experts, genuine or otherwise. If you think for one moment that those posting here about this such as @DaGaffer @Scouse @caLLous and myself are stupid enough to blindly trust what they say without applying a certain level of experience and wisdom to the thought process then you are a bit of a fucking muppet pal (ok, maybe Scouse is a bit of a cunt o_O).

Job

You said it.

And how, pray tell, have you done that? All I've seen you do is mock and instantly dismiss anything that has anything at all to do with experts (or "experts" as you so wittily refer to them). Challenging their views is one thing, sticking your head in the sand and pretending they're not talking is something else entirely.

Anyway, dealing with Japan's letter will be May's first big challenge, let's see how she handles it. They didn't exactly mince their words.
We cannot allow corporations to control the politics of a count....oops too late.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Which I don't actually have a problem with in principle. However, the guy announcing it is a prime example of how broken Europe is. A corrupt, failed politician from a piss pot backwater announcing plans that nobody has any power (except exiting) to stop.

I guess if people are happy with that they can always move to Europe. For the next two years there is absolutely nothing to stop them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I guess if people are happy with that they can always move to Europe.
So, leave all their friends and family and their country of their birth and perhaps a life they're otherwise very happy with, behind?

Alternatively: I guess if people are happy with it then they can campaign for Blighty to rejoin Europe. Just like the brexiters wouldn't ever shut the fuck up, why should pro-Europeans?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So, leave all their friends and family and their country of their birth and perhaps a life they're otherwise very happy with, behind?

Alternatively: I guess if people are happy with it then they can campaign for Blighty to rejoin Europe. Just like the brexiters wouldn't ever shut the fuck up, why should pro-Europeans?
I think you will find there has been more on the street protests to remain since the vote than exit. So neither side are shutting the fuck up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Idiots protesting against democracy, fuck'um and their trust funds.

You can say people didn't understand the facts (one or two obviously made up facts, obvious long before the vote) before hand all you like...but neither did a large amount of remainers. There are some hilarious videos of millennials whining about it based on some really comical ideas.

At the end of the day, tough shit, it's happening. Get on with it or fuck off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Idiots protesting against democracy
I don't think you know what democracy is.

It's not a set thing. If the UK public changes it's mind it changes it's mind. Tough titties.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Juncker wants a United States of Europe, and in my opinion with the changing face of the world with a potential 5 or so super powers in the next 50 or so years, it's not a bad thing, Europe will become a super power, and the UK will be excluded.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The EU will have broken apart long before then. Its already creaking. Far too much country to country inequality for it to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom