Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I don't think it matters if he wins or not, the very fact he could come close is splitting America in two.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, yes, lots of conjecture and supposition, no actual facts, just like every other argument about this subject.

For the record, and to contradict the words you put into my mouth and the beliefs you ascribe to me and all the other uniformed, misguided assumptions in your post:

I am not crying like a child or whining just expressing my disgust at the whole referendum process, I don't need need need and don't believe that you would class me as pathetic if you knew me. Obviously, this is the internet, so you can hurl abuse and invective around like a, well, like a child, and no-one can stop you (or can probably be bothered to stop you).

Fucking off to Europe is actually exactly what I plan to do. I can work from anywhere, and Barcelona is nicer than anywhere in this country by a metric mile. Just need to sell my house before the arse falls out of the market and negative interest rates and rampant inflation rape my savings. You stay here and fly the union jack and rally the troops, what-ho, good on you. I've paid my dues into this country for a lifetime, I'll probably still get a pension of sorts, its you younguns that will suffer the consequences of this more than me and my generation.

We will be winning, hard, eh? Hope you're right, for your sakes. And your children's.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Er, yes, that is exactly what most remainers are doing, whinging and whining over spilt milk. You can express your disgust about the democratic process all you like, it wont make any difference to the democratic process...so you might as well just get on with it...no?
Bull.

43 years of anti-Europe lobbying and you weren't there telling them that you wish they'd STFU...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bull.

43 years of anti-Europe lobbying and you weren't there telling them that you wish they'd STFU...
So you disagree that people can win and lose in different financial markets.

Those that sell short. Or wait for the markets to bottom out before they buy.

First time buyers waiting for hpuse prices to be cheaper.

Your a noob if you think that on set of circumstances can favour a different group to you.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yes, yes, lots of conjecture and supposition, no actual facts, just like every other argument about this subject.

For the record, and to contradict the words you put into my mouth and the beliefs you ascribe to me and all the other uniformed, misguided assumptions in your post:

I am not crying like a child or whining just expressing my disgust at the whole referendum process, I don't need need need and don't believe that you would class me as pathetic if you knew me. Obviously, this is the internet, so you can hurl abuse and invective around like a, well, like a child, and no-one can stop you (or can probably be bothered to stop you).

Fucking off to Europe is actually exactly what I plan to do. I can work from anywhere, and Barcelona is nicer than anywhere in this country by a metric mile. Just need to sell my house before the arse falls out of the market and negative interest rates and rampant inflation rape my savings. You stay here and fly the union jack and rally the troops, what-ho, good on you. I've paid my dues into this country for a lifetime, I'll probably still get a pension of sorts, its you younguns that will suffer the consequences of this more than me and my generation.

We will be winning, hard, eh? Hope you're right, for your sakes. And your children's.

You're doing the "Won't someone think of the children" thing then threatening to flounce off to Barcelona, with the youth unemployment rates over there? OK...

See what I don't understand is, we are not the first country to vote against the EU by any stretch of the imagination - France, Netherlands, Ireland and Greece have all voted, by bigger margins than us, yet their results were either ignored or they were told to vote again. We do the same and we're the pariahs? Again...OK....

Oh and Jup please stop drivelling on about experts, as you're just proving how badly you misunderstood my argument. All I said was that I wasn't going to take some guys argument as red just because he was an "expert", I'm still going to apply some sort of critical thought to it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You're such a knob-jockey Mo.

Read the text you quoted, then explain how it's anything to do with your post....
It was from your facepalm of what i wrote before. Just quoted that so it would reference you more than what was being said. But hey ho

Job

Firstly we will probably never actually leave, considering the multitude of getout clauses along the way and even if we eventually did, they would have us back in a second, they'll keep our bedroom just as it was.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...even if we eventually did, they would have us back in a second, they'll keep our bedroom just as it was.
What are you basing that on? I can see even more concessions if the UK left and then went crawling back a few years later. The country would probably be worse off than before leaving.

Job

Yeah, we would be in a poor position, but I can't even get my head around the negative opinions on here, we are the 2nd largest economy..by far the most global brand, responsible for huge amounts of European security, it's major nuclear power...wtf do you people want?
oohhh houses prices might go down...investors might pull out..where to exactly..the frickin Eurozone?
They are a basketcase , holding on by a web of debt and lies and remainers are so afraid to leave they are happy to stay in the Ponzi scheme.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
French people stopping the Spanish and fucking them over?

Nope. We don't need Europe. There'll definitely not be wars if we split into separate states. :rolleyes:

Job

Thats just handbags at dawn.
Though an ex minister has called for us to send a Trident sub to Gibraltar.

Job

sorry this is /doom
take your uniformed flippancy to
/isthiswhatyouwanted

Bodhi

Brexit worked a treat for us yesterday. Get in Schiphol about 9:30, enormous queue for passport control. Well, there were enormous queues for "EU Passports", we went in the other queue and went straight through :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Brexit worked a treat for us yesterday. Get in Schiphol about 9:30, enormous queue for passport control. Well, there were enormous queues for "EU Passports", we went in the other queue and went straight through :)

Try that in Ireland and they'll send you back to the EU queue.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was checking in for a RyanAir flight for somebody yesterday and I couldn't see the country under the EU section. It's bad enough that I never know whether to look for Britain, England, Great Britain or United Kingdom but I thought "cheeky bastards have already put it in the Non-EU section" (they hadn't, I was just being blind).

Bodhi

They did make me shop in the "Flying within the EU" section of Duty Free however, which I thought was harsh.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Trident is an empty threat for the kind of conflicts being described in the article. You're not going to nuke China over some sand dunes in the South China Sea. If anything, spending Trident money on advanced missiles, including ABMs, and particle weapons makes more sense. Of course the other problem is that most of NATO doesn't pull its weight anyway, its actually one area where Donald Trump is correct. If the UK scrapped Trident the money saved wouldn't get spent on defence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom