Ormorof

FH is my second home
you are slicing up pedantics here in your never ending urge to see it all turn to shit, we have money and goods...they have money and goods...and we have a great bargaining position, you don't have to make your goods suitable for an entire Europes worth of laws.

Actually... if manufacturers want to sell to EU countries the will still have to make them suitable for an entire Europes worth of laws, brexit just means now the UK has no say in how the laws are made

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Seeing as in most cases we exceed Euro safety laws, that shouldn't be a problem.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Actually... if manufacturers want to sell to EU countries the will still have to make them suitable for an entire Europes worth of laws, brexit just means now the UK has no say in how the laws are made
we didn't anyway.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
we didn't anyway.

well you do, unfortunately UK MEPs (UKIP as a wonderful example) have spent all their time as MEPs taking cash out of the EU (which we all are paying for) without inputting anything or even trying to improve things.

Job

We have Mep's, but the EU pretty well ignores us.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We have Mep's, but the EU pretty well ignores us.
It can't ignore us. We have to ratify any legislation. We agree with it.

What part of this fact can you not grasp?

Job

Agreeing with something and being able to change it are not the same thing

Ormorof

FH is my second home
as has been pointed out, the UK actually gets a bigger influence per head of population than other states, so UK could have changed it, but because the people YOU elected are useless idiots it did not

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agreeing with something and being able to change it are not the same thing
The law is proposed - we say "no, make these changes" - and it goes around the houses and until we agree or we don't adopt it.

Simple.

Are you seriously that special needs you can't see/understand that very basic fact?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Arent there cases where we dont agree but we are forced to accept it. Cause most of the others accept

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, everyone has to agree.

Part of the reason everything with the EU moves glacially. So where a trade deal might take 10 years within the EU to get sorted, might take far less when people aren't waiting for the representative from whogivesafuckaboutthemistan to decide on a minor detail.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
- Yep. Everyone has to agree.

On the point of glacial trade deals @Raven - they take longer but they tend to be better deals because of bloc power and the fact that everyone has to agree.

So no TTIP in its current form in the EU. But if we leave we'll get it on steroids - and hand over a huge amount of UK soveriegn power to US corporations. What joy.

Job

So you're saying, to get it done, not one country has to accept a less than ideal outcome...just like all deals since for ever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you're saying...
I'm saying everything you said about the EU being able to ignore us and us not being able to make legislative changes is demonstrable utter bullshit.

You deride muslims for their beliefs - but your beliefs about the EU are just as delusional. In the face of actual evidence to the contrary (which has been provided multiple times) - you stick to your belief.

Job. The ultimate muslim-a-like :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
- Yep. Everyone has to agree.

On the point of glacial trade deals @Raven - they take longer but they tend to be better deals because of bloc power and the fact that everyone has to agree.

So no TTIP in its current form in the EU. But if we leave we'll get it on steroids - and hand over a huge amount of UK soveriegn power to US corporations. What joy.
How can you disagree with a question?

Job

except we haven't left...it will take at least six years...so are they saying the EU are cutting grants allready, or is this normal..we didn't get a grant bleating.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
except we haven't left...it will take at least six years...so are they saying the EU are cutting grants allready, or is this normal..we didn't get a grant bleating.
You really don't have a clue do you?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cunt is the word...
The eu have stated that all funding is availableto any one in britain until the actual exit. Yes there may be some limited nervousness that is being blown up by the media.

I dont believe its as big as it is made put to be. And their will be solutions found in the long term.

Jumping on every negative story is getting really boring hence the zzzzzz. Its been a couple of weeks now. Just let the dust settle. Give things a chance to even out.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The eu have stated that all funding is availableto any one in britain until the actual exit. Yes there may be some limited nervousness that is being blown up by the media.

They don't need to blow it up though. 'Some limited nervousness' now is hardly going to go away and be replaced with people rushing to supply grants to the UK science establishment - if anything this is just the start of a downward spiral.

Oh, and it gets better because as the UK loses it's scientific lead we will also lose our grip on cutting edge tech marketable overseas.....

Job

There you go...one of the grant refusals in that article was a herbal study...big loss there.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The U.K. will see a decrease in research funding from the EU as it moves towards Brexit (research takes years and the EU will place funds as s priority to key members) additionally the UK have attracted superb scientists from many EU countries... These scientists may not want to go the UK and UK scientists may not be so welcome in EU countries in the future... @Moriath your response was surprisingly childish I expected a more informed response from you :/

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
There you go...one of the grant refusals in that article was a herbal study...big loss there.
Seriously @Job stop trolling or are you really this fucking stupid??

Job

I'm being positive here and no one likes it, you are quite happy to roll out worse case scenarios as fact.
The EU is not the only game in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom