Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Not a chance, but tbh for now I'm more interested in the end of climate change, the new minister has questioned it's existence several times. The greens must be having a stroke.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's almost as if they've decided Energy Security and the prosperity of the nation is more important than fighting ManBearPig.

My only question is what took them so fucking long?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh if only

13690731_10154807221411840_2337706958698831177_n.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
May did say she would drag Brexit out a bit longer though :p initially it was going to be December 2018 that was before she said she'd drag it out though, could be 2019-2020 before its finally done if she sticks to that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
May did say she would drag Brexit out a bit longer though :p initially it was going to be December 2018 that was before she said she'd drag it out though, could be 2019-2020 before its finally done if she sticks to that.
And the minister for brexit said december this year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Must be right then. MPs never just say whatever the fuck they like, especially when taking on a new role.

Job

How exactly is she going to get the SNP to agree to article 50, they will never do that....so the whole thing will be on permanent hold.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm how can it be democratic for 53 million people to be held ransom by less than ten.

Veto is crap

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Simply politics and being held to ransom because if the SNP don't get their way they'll torpedo the union. There's so much more to this than the raw democratic figures (rightly or wrongly).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
How can you get a postumous veto on something thats been democratically voted for tho?

old.user4556

Like I said, torpedoing the union. Remember the UK's nukes are housed up here, "fuck what the voters want". Or something.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes but he didn't promise a referendum because of some democratic impulse, he did it to outmanoeuvre the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory party; which was spectacularly ill-judged wouldn't you say?

What bothers me is that he made the promise to begin with. I'm still a firm believer that decisions as globally risky as this should never EVER be put in the hands of the mostly uninformed.

old.user4556

I'm still a firm believer that decisions as globally risky as this should never EVER be put in the hands of the mostly uninformed.

Totally agree. I don't think Cameron expected the result to be a Leave and now the government is like "oh fuck!".

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He confidently told Juncker last year that it would be a 70/30 remain win iirc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And back then had things stayed as they were he would probably have been correct. But not even politicians can predict the future.

Job

Trident to cost 185 billion over 30 years, around a third the cost of overseas aid.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sounds like a bargain to me.

Although I would rather we spent more money overseas, also better targeted. Half the worlds problems would be sorted over night if we helped people out, before bombing them.

old.user4556

Sounds like a bargain to me.

Although I would rather we spent more money overseas, also better targeted. Half the worlds problems would be sorted over night if we helped people out, before bombing them.

I feel that our war mongering has been / is a tremendous investment - thick end of £30 billion on Iraq / Afghanistan, £185 billion (some say it'll be £200 billion) on nuclear weapons we'll never use.

But seriously, it took one nutter one truck and 2km of road to cause absolute carnage. This country's attitude to spending is a fucking joke.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I feel that our war mongering has been / is a tremendous investment - thick end of £30 billion on Iraq / Afghanistan, £185 billion (some say it'll be £200 billion) on nuclear weapons we'll never use.

But seriously, it took one nutter one truck and 2km of road to cause absolute carnage. This country's attitude to spending is a fucking joke.
Dont need a gun... Dont need a truck. Can take out enough with a knife.

Or a car or anything else you dont expect.

Nukes are stabalisers between five or so countries. Otherwise they are a waste of time.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Trident to cost 185 billion over 30 years, around a third the cost of overseas aid.

Figures for overseas aid are usually misrepresented, its not like cash is being handed over, its a way to subsidise british business by handing over goods (and thus ensuring those countries that receive the aid can't make that industry profitable)

As an there are factories in the UK that would go bust as they have few real customers, foreign aid is for them a lifeline, most of the aid goes to countries with no need or the capacity to use the high tec equipment produced, but it allows politicians to make statements that make people feel better about themselves

Job

Yeah I do know that, but it does bring home how cheap Trident is...180 billion over 30 years is chicken feed.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah I do know that, but it does bring home how cheap Trident is...180 billion over 30 years is chicken feed.

But you want a lot less asylum seekers in the country to you know, save human lives.

Amazing

Job

I support immigration and would accept any true asylum seeker, you have to give a bit of room for..' my brothers gay, so I will be killed' bullshit, but the migrants just throw away their passports and claim to be Syrian or under 18.
The migrants have ruined it for asylum seekers, that's why we fly ours straight from the camps on the syrian borders...where the vast majority of them live, looked after by their muslim neighbours.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
£185 billion (some say it'll be £200 billion) on nuclear weapons we'll never use.
Of course those nukes (hopefully) won't ever be used, you don't get nukes with the plan on using them. Well unless you're Kim Jong-Twat i guess...

The migrants have ruined it for asylum seekers, that's why we fly ours straight from the camps on the syrian borders...where the vast majority of them live, looked after by their muslim neighbours.

Not really, immigrants only made it hard for UK's immigration office to determine if they are immigrants or asylum seekers running for their life. The vote to leave EU is what will actually ruin it for the asylum seekers because 52% of UK's citizens were short sighted muppets who had NO idea what they were actually voting on...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't know why people keep bringing up asylum seekers.

Brexit won't change anything at all with regards to asylum seekers...we will still take in genuine cases and reject chancers.

We are not and never have been part of the schengen group of countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom