Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't think any bollocks influenced Remain voters.

The Referendum panned out like this; you're going to take a gamble, let us convince you why the odds are good, actually, the odds aren't that good for most things.

Although if you voted for the 'right' reasons, such as giving more sovereignty to the UK etc (Although I think that point of view is farcical, but it still carries weight)

The Leave campaign have told lies in their campaign, and if it was an election there would still be uproar because you vote for a political party but you may not necessarily support them, however it appears that the vast majority of people are super defensive about their voting and will defend their camp to the end.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
There's no "blame" being apportioned in that post.

I'm just saying the will of the people is split. Near as damnit 50-50. And on such a massive decision that's not good enough to warrant shutting down counter argument.

If it was 70-30 then I doubt the discussion would be even being had. But it wasn't - and add to that the Leave campaign sprinting away from their moblising claims seconds after the results were in then it's perfectly reasonable to kick up a stink.

The fight isn't over. As much as the "victors" would like it to be.
So the might of the many is ok as long as you can trample down the few who disagree? Weird democracy there

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the extreme short term, yes. Markets are already showing signs of recovery, less than a week in.

In the long term it doesn't matter anyway because the EU project has failed and is about to come crashing down.
What did you vote remain for then?

I mean, you didn't vote leave, but you hate everything about the EU and are rubbing your hands at it's imminent failure. You don't believe any of the remain arguments and constantly defend leave's.

If I believed you my mind would boggle :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think any bollocks influenced Remain voters.

The Referendum panned out like this; you're going to take a gamble, let us convince you why the odds are good, actually, the odds aren't that good for most things.

Although if you voted for the 'right' reasons, such as giving more sovereignty to the UK etc (Although I think that point of view is farcical, but it still carries weight)

The Leave campaign have told lies in their campaign, and if it was an election there would still be uproar because you vote for a political party but you may not necessarily support them, however it appears that the vast majority of people are super defensive about their voting and will defend their camp to the end.

Yeah. it did. DOOOOOM if you leave, DOOOOOM from every self interested shitbag in the EU and those that gained personally from the EU.

It was a horrible debate and referendum, from all sides.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What did you vote remain for then?

I mean, you didn't vote leave, but you hate everything about the EU and are rubbing your hands at it's imminent failure. You don't believe any of the remain arguments and constantly defend leave's.

If I believed you my mind would boggle :)

Because unlike you and your cerebrally challenged ilk, I am capable of seeing things from various different angles, including those that I do not necessarily agree with.

If we had remained then maybe they could have comforted other leavers, now? Its about to become a horrible divorce.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So the might of the many is ok as long as you can trample down the few who disagree? Weird democracy there

50-50. You do understand what that means @Moriath? If you've two people in a room one is Remain, one is Leave.

If you've ten - it's five-five.

If you've twenty it's ten-ten.

At 48.1 - 51.9 you have to get FIFTY people in the room before it goes 24-26 and even in a room of 100 you can't have .9 or .1 of a person. So in real terms 49-51.

So - where's the "might of the many" and where's the "few who disagree"? What, exactly, is being "trampled down"??

I know you bring up democracy - but I notice that you've not addressed any of it's shortcomings - of which this is a prime example.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah. it did. DOOOOOM if you leave, DOOOOOM from every self interested shitbag in the EU and those that gained personally from the EU.

It was a horrible debate and referendum, from all sides.

It is fucking DOOOOOOOM! Its a decade of shit coming down and the only people who'll do well out of it are lawyers and currency traders. I quite liked having a British passport. No point in getting an England & Wales one. I quite liked that northern Ireland didn't mean bombs and bullets any more, I quite liked coming from a country that wasn't what it was, but at least we weren't as racist as the Russians. I quite liked the idea that there was something out there stopping the worst impulses of the Tory party, even if they were grey faced bureaucrats who find democracy a tiresome waste of effort. I quite liked the idea that there was a Britain to come home to, even if I never took up the option. Never mind eh?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You really are quite mad.

Edit and to pick out just one (I can't be arsed with the rest of the drivel) The EU had very little to do with the end(ish) of the troubles. You can thank good'ol Uncle Sam for that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You really are quite mad.

Edit and to pick out just one (I can't be arsed with the rest of the drivel) The EU had very little to do with the end(ish) of the troubles. You can thank good'ol Uncle Sam for that.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Brexit creates a hard border between the North and the Republic. Something that hasn't existed since the formation of the Free State. That alone is a massive problem. Then there's the fact that the ECHR is built in to the Good Friday Agreement and one of the first promises of post-Brexit Tories is to get rid of it, forgetting that little detail. There's a whole conversation going on about NI that no-one in little England has paid the slightest attention to.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This brexit is over...never going to happen, Camerons wording says it all, as it has from the start.
A great big wet squid..democracy is dead...time for bullets.

Embattle

FH is my second home
FTSE on the way up towards pre brexit level this morning, pound slightly down on yesterday.

Job

Mainly because the money men realise it isnt going to happen and that the politicians are weak.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nothing changes for at least 2 years and I have been in Sweden for 5. Additionally I live with a Swedish National. I am fully aware of my situation. Do you think European countries will start sending British expats back because of a leave vote?

I'm sorry for trying to be helpful?

I wasn't trying to have a go at you so i'd appreciate if you didn't try to bite my head off...

Also i wasn't saying that they would send you back, what i was trying to say was that your citizen application might get more complicated.

Again, it probably won't but better to be safe then sorry.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
FTSE on the way up towards pre brexit level this morning, pound slightly down on yesterday.

Also, people seem to be comparing current rates to massively inflated rates, the pound was extremely strong pre-brexit vote. 1.35-1.40 is about right for the Euro, 1.55ish for the dollar. While we have fallen quite a lot, its not actually that far to get back up to and will happen over the coming weeks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

And old Boris still tries to make it sound like the only thing that will change is that the Brits won't have to abide to any of the obligations, everything else will remain exactly the same.

And it just won't.. :)

In no way will the remaining 27 countries allow Britain to literally keep all the rights while getting away from all the obligations...

Job

Hes not after that, just a few fluff concessions that will be overuled later on.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I hope the people who are optimistic are right (one of my reasons for Remaining was to keep the pound strong) but it's far too early to be sure either way. You could argue that it's "recovering" because it's becoming more and more apparent that nothing is going to change. The FTSE 250 (which is much more relevant) isn't "recovering" half as well. How much of a part do the liquidity injections from the BoE play? (answer: a big one)

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well one figure this morning in the papers put the amount of liquidity used at only £3bn out of the £250bn, dunno how true that is however but this is part of the job of central banks.

Just imagine how messy this would be if we had joined the Euro and voted out.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is strange what a SNP MSP said versus what Martin Schulz said, I just can't see them getting what they want which is no different from the UK position when dealing with the EU.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Hinkley point may or may not go ahead, although one could say nothing has technically changed from before the brexit referendum.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
The country is obviously divided and feelings are strong about this. I can't remember a thread that got so many people at each other like this.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I just saw a fully grown bearded man in his 50s riding a bmx.

Fuck you people voting out for racist reasons you're potientally ruining such hilarious happenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom