Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Unemployment is now the lowest since 1975

dOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Transient farm workers making money while they can. They do have until 2019 you know.
And by then Romania and Bulgarias ec onomy will pick up...be lent money by the EU in other words...and the numbers will drop naturally and well have to look elsewhere for slave labour to keep strawberries cheap.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And by then Romania and Bulgarias ec onomy will pick up...be lent money by the EU in other words...and the numbers will drop naturally and well have to look elsewhere for slave labour to keep strawberries cheap.

In the next 18 months? Yes the Bulgarians and Romanians will go home (as they do every winter), no, it won’t make much of an impact to their economies in that time frame, and the U.K. will have a farm labour shortfall to fill post-Brexit, which as you say, the U.K. will have fix, and renders the key motivation for a hard Brexit (an end to free movement of labour) pointless.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They (Romanians) haven't been coming that long, transient now, perm later...although I guess that boat has sailed timing wise. The last wave that idiots moaned about were Poles, plenty of whom have settled in nicely...

Job

Brexiteers dont even have a problem with migrant workers..the obvious problem is millions of ME and NA african 'refugees' who get handed citizenship and then have insta rights to the entire UK...plus the get out of jail card of ' tortured at home.
With the housing secretary admitting 8 out of ten new families needing housing are immigrants and thats the main pressure for new builds...well its hardly rocket science.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So you have a problem with people that are nothing to do with the EU then?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
*some used it as a reason to vote leave.

Been done to death.

DaGaffer

Brexiteers dont even have a problem with migrant workers..the obvious problem is millions of ME and NA african 'refugees' who get handed citizenship and then have insta rights to the entire UK...plus the get out of jail card of ' tortured at home.
With the housing secretary admitting 8 out of ten new families needing housing are immigrants and thats the main pressure for new builds...well its hardly rocket science.

You mean the Housing Secretary who completely refutes that number which has been bandied about by well-known right-wing lobby group Migration Watch? Anyone who claims the housing bubble is being driven by a single issue like immigration is trying to sell you something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The housing problem is being driven by too many people, not enough houses.

Simple as that. The biggest issue is probably people living longer and living longer out of old folks homes.

DaGaffer

The housing problem is being driven by too many people, not enough houses.

Simple as that. The biggest issue is probably people living longer and living longer out of old folks homes.

There's a lot of evidence its also being driven by a speculation bubble, both in the UK and in Ireland.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Central London price bubble is driven by money-laundering through property by foreign 'tycoons'.

DaGaffer

The Central London price bubble is driven by money-laundering through property by foreign 'tycoons'.

The bubble goes down much further than absent Russians. With sustained low interest rates, yield on property looks to be a much better bet, even with regulation. I know quite a few people in London who've become full time landlords/property speculators. Lot of them from good jobs too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
tiubnzyvgoyz.jpg

Job

The remoaners actually hate Britain, journalist on R4 yrsterday giving an update on brexit talks.
She without any seeming awereness, was so utterly biased, that it just rolled off.
The Eu says this...taken as truthful gospel...britains reaction to this truth is to lie...so the EU says we have to do this if we dont do that, her exasperation at us not jumping to comply, then she went on to rip every brexiter and praise every remainer...the impartial BBC at its best.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, according to most experts we should have imploded into a black hole by now.

Still, cannot wait until the EU have to try and divvy up the cash pile, when we aren't putting in any more. Lots of little countries wanting their taste, lots of palms need to be Greesed (hur hur) to keep the machine working. Big hole in their future budget, comedy times ahead.

DaGaffer

Well, according to most experts we should have imploded into a black hole by now.

Still, cannot wait until the EU have to try and divvy up the cash pile, when we aren't putting in any more. Lots of little countries wanting their taste, lots of palms need to be Greesed (hur hur) to keep the machine working. Big hole in their future budget, comedy times ahead.

No, according to most experts you should implode into a black hole after Brexit, not before.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The current impasse over money and trade is probably going to remain and if I was a company I would be preparing for a no deal right now, I wouldn't keep wondering about what type of deal it might be. It is a logical impasse because the EU wants us to settle the bill before we talk about anything significant and the UK naturally wants know it can afford to pay that bill by having some idea about trade, not that I see any trade deal really being that easy to come by when you consider one small region in Belgium held up the trade deal with Canada.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If they still go through with it after this...

British banks 'will lose access to the EU' after Brexit

"Those who claim that the UK should pick parts of the single market must stop this contradiction. The single market is a package, with four indivisible freedoms, common rules, institutions, and enforcement structures.

The UK knows these rules very well, like the back of its hand. It has contributed to defining them over the last 44 years with a certain degree of influence. We took note of the UK decisions to end free movement of people and this means clearly that the UK will lose the benefits of the single market."

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So what he actually means is that when the EU leaves the EU it leaves the EU.

OH MY GOD

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
One day the EU will realise London isn't the European Finance Centre, it's the Global one. Anything they do to make it more difficult to do business with London will seriously piss off the rest of the world as well.

But that wouldn't be like the EU to cut their noses off to spite their face would it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One day the EU will realise London isn't the European Finance Centre, it's the Global one. Anything they do to make it more difficult to do business with London will seriously piss off the rest of the world as well.

But that wouldn't be like the EU to cut their noses off to spite their face would it?
Meh. It's easy for banks to move their main legal operations base. It's as simple as changing some legal documentation. Massive infrastructure change doesn't need to happen overnight (though it is) - but in terms of passporting rules etc, it's relatively easy for them to ditch the UK. The infrastructure can move afterwards, if it needs to.

Which I'm currently watching them do, whilst people all about me find themselves redundant as stuff/people in HK, Singapore, US and Paris/Frankfurt gets massively ramped up instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom